Any good RPG's for PC?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

Default Any good RPG's for PC?

I've been looking for a decent RPG (Non MMO) for PC since I'm currently burning myself out on Guild Wars 2.
    I'm looking for something that's more compatible with Mouse/Keyboard or just Keyboard.

Was looking into Agarest and The Last Remnant. Anyone know if those games are any good? They said they recommend controller for The Last Remnant however, which is a shame because it looks like a really nice game.

Any feedback would be pretty neat. Nothing too cutesy, anime is fine however.

Pipster's Punk Reputation: 277

Fallout: New Vegas (basically Fallout 3, but good. good writing, and a world that feels pretty alive. lots of choices with actual consequences)

Skyrim (surely you know what this is)

Alpha Protocol (same company, Obsidian, as did F:NV and KotoR 2. game about being a Jason Bourne-esque super spy, sort of. lots of branching paths)

The Witcher 2 (graphically still amazing, plays kinda like dark souls, the entire second half of the game is completely different depending on yr choices. really well written, as it was inspired by a series of excellent fantasy books)

if you don't mind going older, Baldur's Gate II, Planescape: Torment, Knights of the Old Republic I and II, and Fallout 1 and 2

oh, and Child of Light, which came out yesterday.

- - - Updated - - -

and if you only wanted jrpgs, i'm sorry, but you should have actually said so ;P
    Last edited by postrook; 05-01-2014 at 11:30 AM.
    I hate TALKING. to PEOPLE. about THINGS.

Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 204

I'd highly suggest avoiding last remnant, it's tedium incarnate (at least the 360 version was).

Bastion was great, short, but great.
    Quote Originally Posted by xBlazex View Post
    sorry for you have the evil heart in the universe. your type are just destroy are world
    The battle of science vs. religion ended when churches started putting lightning rods on their steeples.

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

I HIGHLY Recommend the entire Mass Effect series. Its more FPS-RPG really, but its so amazing. Hell, I even named my daughter after one of the characters!

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by postrook View Post
    oh, and Child of Light, which came out yesterday.

- - - Updated - - -

and if you only wanted jrpgs, i'm sorry, but you should have actually said so ;P
    I bought Child of Light and I have to say it's actually a beautiful game. Everything from the way the story is told to the artwork.

After I beat it though, I'll be looking for something else. I haven't exactly found a good JRPG for PC though, I however own FF VII and VIII .-.

I might try out the the Mass Effect series like Zarbyte recommended.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 97

Quote Originally Posted by Pok View Post
    I'd highly suggest avoiding last remnant, it's tedium incarnate (at least the 360 version was).

Bastion was great, short, but great.
    PC version is LEAGUES better than the 360, however it sadly still doesn't tell you shit about classes and how they work lol.

Also if you don't mind something older, you could look into Gothic 1, 2 and 3. You'll want the patches and fixes for them though.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 176

The Last Remnant is an amazingly superb game, I 100% beat it numerous times and was already contemplating doing it over. Very underrated, but at the same time it's deservedly so due to how crappy the Xbox version was.

Mass Effect and Dragon Age are glorious games as well, though ME 2 was probably the best and DA 2 was a totally new game compared to DA:O, which isn't a BAD game, it just... if it wasn't called "Dragon Age 2." It would have been a solid game..

Fallout / Elder Scrolls series. As mentioned.

Recettear, you manage a shop and stuff, it's super Ka-ka-Kawaii! Plus you battle enemies, it's really challenging honestly. Addicting though.

The Entire YS series, or most of it is on Steam iirc. It's an action JRPG.

Agarest Record of War and Zero are on PC as well, but I found them lackluster, but fun. The tedium of the battles were too much for me.

I may be able to go on but my brain is worn out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loric View Post
    I love how your name is "Useless", and your avatar says "Canada" in it.
    LOL GET IT?

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked315 View Post

Recettear, you manage a shop and stuff, it's super Ka-ka-Kawaii! Plus you battle enemies, it's really challenging honestly. Addicting though.
    There's also Fortune Summoners and Chantelise which were both localized by the same guy. All 3 are pretty solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked315 View Post

Agarest Record of War and Zero are on PC as well, but I found them lackluster, but fun. The tedium of the battles were too much for me.

Never played Zero but it looks pretty much the same as its predecessor. Pretty much the textbook definition of "Meeeh". Might be worth a look now that the asking price isn't $60 dollars though.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

Yes, The Last Remnant is amazing, but really a controller is recommended. Just get an XBox Controller with PC adapter, that one works with almost any game released for PC, you just need to do a one-time investment.

I can't really recommend Agarest. It's very very hard and unforgiving and it's all about hot anime chicks rather than gameplay. If you're not into hot anime chicks you'll be bothered by it and if you're into hot anime chicks you can't even play the game properly because you will always have to go mast... y'know what I mean. Agarest just like The Last Remnant is also designed for gamepad by the way.

I could probably recommend you a thousand games, but I wouldn't know where to start. There are those millions of RPG Maker games and of course most are horrible, but there are also quite a few good ones. If you want a fairly unbiased look at it you might want to check this toplist.

You can also go to IndieRPGs and look through the older blog entries for games. You will always have some screenshots and short first impressions in the blog entries so it's quite easy to find something that interests you.

Other than that, I'd just register on GoG and get older but really good RPGs from there. There's so much good stuff on there. Baldur's Gate is extremely popular. The Witcher as well. Then you have access to the old Might&Magic and Wizardry games which might be too western for you, but I was also a JRPG gamers and somehow got into them eventually.
    I guess Septerra Core has a quite strong JRPG vibe (feels a bit like Chrono Trigger). Seriously I could just list good RPGs for PC forever since there are so many, better just browse through them yourself.

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 69

Highly Recommended if you like RPGs:
    Dragon Age: Origins (Fantasy RPG)
    Mass Effect trilogy (FPS RPG)
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Open world RPG)
    Dragon Age: Origins and the Mass Effect trilogy in my opinion, are two of the best RPGs up to date. Both have a great story and amazing characters development. It doesn't skimp on the RPG elements on customizing your character either. Skyrim is great to but it's a bit too open-world for me. Still fun nonetheless.

Dark Souls 1 (Haven't played it but I heard you really need a controller for this because you can't bind your own keys. There is a mod that fixes this though but I'm not sure how well that works)
    Dark Souls 2 (A lot of people say you need a controller for this but KB+M works just fine for me. A bit awkward but playable. Keys are bindable to your liking)
    The Last Remnant (Same as above. Playable with KB+M but a bit awkward. Easier to get adapted than Dark Souls 2 though)
    Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 (Only if you're not a graphic whore. Old game but a great classic. Same developer as Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect trilogy)
    Final Fantasy VII and VIII

In my opinion, you can't really go wrong with any of Bioware's games except Dragon Age II. Well I guess it can be good as long as you don't relate it to Dragon Age: Origins in any way.
    Last edited by M1nGs3N4yuk1; 05-02-2014 at 09:50 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast