Atlantica Online

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Atlantica Online

Hi does anyone here play Atlantica Online? I read that on the 15th of April a new class came out and was wondering if it was any good.

If it is I'll download the game again.

I just downloaded this game again, it looks brand new with the new update!

Make sure you join Argos server, I just did a bit of research around their forums and its the most populated. I forgot how much fun this game is...

Hi Raisi. I'm at the character creation screen and I'm seeing all kinds of new mains. Which one should I go for? I took your advice and went with Argos server.

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 31

It may have been less conspicuous if we couldn't see the join date, but I applaud the effort.

Rock Man Reputation: 31

Quote Originally Posted by BetaGods123 View Post
    It may have been less conspicuous if we couldn't see the join date, but I applaud the effort.
    Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/daeoc
    Come and stop by sometime, I stream mainly JRPGs, WRPGs, Shooters, Horror, MMOs, and MOBAs. Currently, the focus is on JRPGs with a mixed bag of everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiviors View Post
    Hi Raisi. I'm at the character creation screen and I'm seeing all kinds of new mains. Which one should I go for? I took your advice and went with Argos server.
    BattleMage is the best overall class, but I heard Spear and PowerSaw are also good!

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 21

Pretty much all the classes are balanced because if you look in the PVP Championship Database, all of them have roughly the same win/loss. The difference is how EASY the classes are to use, their playstyle and their formations.

TBH, i haven't played since the new classes update but i have been keeping track of the championships and they haven't out-performed the older classes.

IMO: For PVP, the easier classes to use are Spears, Gunners, Bows and Musicians. Spears have really high damage output allowing them to slowly shred their way through the front rows unlike the Sword and Axe mains who tend to get "stuck" however the Axe at least can CC the front-row.

Gunners have nice damage output to a column allowing them to reach the back row with that pesky Bow or Staff main and sometimes you get lucky enough that the other player put their Healer in the same column as their main.

Bows are very nice early-game for one thing... "Silence", this will render healers and magic-based mains useless. You can also "snipe" high-priority targets such as their healer, enemy archer or the main for insanely high damage. You have to be careful they don't "snipe" you in return though.

Musicians... The strongest AoE class IMO because their DoT's are insane and it becomes increasingly difficult for your opponent to manage the health of their whole formation.

For PVE:

Axe Mains... High Survivability and an incredibly effective CC. It makes any mob easier when you freeze 3 of them. Most people don't use Axe Mains in PVP because they don't deal much damage and they're in the front row making them targetable by EVERYTHING. HolyCrusader from Mycenae used to swear by his axe main and he did quite well so...

Staff Mains... Heals and Glass Cannon. If your mercs are dying at low-mid levels then you are undergeared or you ran out of mana. Your heals are insane and then once your mercs are back to safe-levels, you blow mobs up. Only problem with staff users in end-game PVP is that everyone runs plenty of AoE meaning you can't protect your little squishy and remember... Once your main dies, doesn't matter if the rest of your mercs are alive... You still lose.

Bow Mains... Silence! Any mob with an annoying skill suddenly stops being annoying! Fancy that?

But... This is all rather meaningless because any class can be successful in both PVE and PVP. The list above is just my suggestions for how "easy" the mains are to use in PVE or PVP.

My advice? Research a class, look at their skill repertoire and make your decision based on their playstyle!

ALSO! If you want to know how to make some start-up cash to get started, feel free to message me and i'll show you how to fund getting that +6,7,8,9 gear or to buy those crystals to upgrade your mercs which costs a damn fortune for new players.
    Last edited by ManiacShinzo; 05-02-2014 at 03:07 AM.

I ended up going with a Bow main, but I have a free class change coupon so I can always change later.