Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 51

Thread: Defiance goes free to play beginning in June

  1. #1
    Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 64

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,851
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Defiance goes free to play beginning in June


  2. #2
    Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 9

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Down that one road. Beside that big tree.
    Posts
    177
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    If they end up lowering the item drop rate for the F2P version. Then it won't really be worth it. I played when it first came out and ended up trading it back in to gamestop about 2 weeks later. The bugs were horrible. Always crashing or servers were down. The loot rate for the biggest bosses in the game just sucked. Out of all the times i killed the bosses i only got a few oranges. But yeah it was a good game. Maybe they have worked on it ALOT since i last played. If so i might give it another try.

  3. #3
    Panda Moderator Reputation: 580
    Seya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    ►Bamboo Forest◄
    Posts
    10,202
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    I'm really curious what they will give the players that bought the game ... stopped playing when they started releasing a lot of dlc's and no free content .


  4. #4
    Super Moderator Reputation: 208
    Arri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    9,730
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Good thing I bought it after the price dropped to $10


  5. #5
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 281
    Cy-Kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Gobotron
    Posts
    5,566
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arri View Post
    Good thing I bought it after the price dropped to $10
    I bought it at the CNE last year for $5!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mime Taxidermy View Post
    I don't think that Internet Explorer can display CSS, only HTML.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    Looks like fun to me, when the creatures die and freeze then burst into a bunch of smaller cubes makes me squeal like a small girl.

  6. #6
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 235
    Jermatoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6,229
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cy-Kill View Post
    I bought it at the CNE last year for $5!
    4.50 off Amazon during one of the black friday deals. Still have yet to redeem the key though, probably will just sell it or something. Is anyone actually surprised though? I mean the game bombed for a reason, a reason that can't be fixed by releasing a bunch of paid dlc.

  7. #7
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 281
    Cy-Kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Gobotron
    Posts
    5,566
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermatoo View Post
    4.50 off Amazon during one of the black friday deals.
    And how much was S&H because that adds to the cost?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mime Taxidermy View Post
    I don't think that Internet Explorer can display CSS, only HTML.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    Looks like fun to me, when the creatures die and freeze then burst into a bunch of smaller cubes makes me squeal like a small girl.

  8. #8
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 235
    Jermatoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6,229
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cy-Kill View Post
    And how much was S&H because that adds to the cost?
    Zilch, I got 10$ worth of Amazon money and who said I bought it physical? I got the digital deluxe version for no charge whatsoever.

  9. #9
    Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 15
    Mxerdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,783
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I was a poor sucker that bought this the day at came out. I hurried up and traded it in early so I could get at least a decent amount for it. I'm not even sure F2P will make me want to play this again. It wasn't even that great. Arkfalls were fun, but just barely. Extremely buggy at release. I felt it was rushed so it could come out near the same time as the show.

  10. #10
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 317
    Bad Hamster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hamsterville
    Posts
    13,696
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Doesn't matter. I bought the CE for 3 euro's anyway.

  11. #11
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 422
    poeticas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    12,094
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cy-Kill View Post
    I bought it at the CNE last year for $5!
    1.99 from official web.
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

  12. #12
    42 Reputation: 57
    Dave!Yognaught's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    947
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    I bought it day one, have 119 hours put away and don't regret a bit of it. Sorry you guys don't enjoy it and took the initial launch week as what the game would always be. I've gotten way more than my monies worth out of it, and the DLC i'v purchased. Had way worse experiences with the MMOs coming out recently than Defiance, at least Defiance tries where these new games are blatant cash-grabs.

  13. #13
    Phantom's Freak Reputation: 80
    Torian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,579
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazedkilla View Post
    If they end up lowering the item drop rate for the F2P version. Then it won't really be worth it. I played when it first came out and ended up trading it back in to gamestop about 2 weeks later. The bugs were horrible. Always crashing or servers were down. The loot rate for the biggest bosses in the game just sucked. Out of all the times i killed the bosses i only got a few oranges. But yeah it was a good game. Maybe they have worked on it ALOT since i last played. If so i might give it another try.
    Already checked the drop rate issue. Seems to be the same.
    Scavengers. Trespassers. Adventurers. Loners. Killers. Explorers. Robbers.

  14. #14
    Sandman's Slave Reputation: 80
    ASNZern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,815
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    FML... Bought it at release... Quit after 2 months nonetheless.
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you. My 3D Character Artist Folio

  15. #15
    Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 102
    DarkLight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,916
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I was in beta, never saw much too it, I presumed it went straight to F2P as I didn't like it that much during testing, I still my job though..testing it.

  16. #16
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 235
    Jermatoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6,229
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLight View Post
    I was in beta, never saw much too it, I presumed it went straight to F2P as I didn't like it that much during testing, I still my job though..testing it.
    It's more of just a privilege than a job since you're not getting paid for it but I'm in the same boat. Got into the first wave of beta invites and ended up uninstalling it not long after. I remember trying to play the demo on steam and it would never launch. Had me chuckling for a good 10 minutes every time.

  17. #17
    Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 20

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    233
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I don't understand you guys.
    You are writing as 2 month of playing a game is bad... Holy shit, 2 month playing the same game is a lot of time O.O Most singleplayer are one week before deleting, 2 months is a shitload!

    Btw, I played the game, finished every dungeon, every secondary mission and every primary missione. I have done at last one time every dynamic events and then I deleted it.
    It was a lot of fun and I have 60 hours on it and I think it's a lot of time for a game like this.

    When they will add more primary missions and new continent I will come back =D

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Seya View Post
    I'm really curious what they will give the players that bought the game ... stopped playing when they started releasing a lot of dlc's and no free content .
    Are you kidding right? 90% of the DLC content was free for everyone. Most content for paid users are skins...
    yeah, I know, tons of grammar errors. Sorry :-(

  18. #18
    Codename: Duchess Reputation: 195
    olaph's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Scolding Woodhouse
    Posts
    11,552
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    I feel like I'm the only one who actually quite enjoyed Defiance..

  19. #19
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 281
    Cy-Kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Gobotron
    Posts
    5,566
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seya View Post
    I'm really curious what they will give the players that bought the game ... stopped playing when they started releasing a lot of dlc's and no free content .
    Quote Originally Posted by Mime Taxidermy View Post
    I don't think that Internet Explorer can display CSS, only HTML.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    Looks like fun to me, when the creatures die and freeze then burst into a bunch of smaller cubes makes me squeal like a small girl.

  20. #20
    Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 26
    imported_JoshuaBojangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    278
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by olaph View Post
    I feel like I'm the only one who actually quite enjoyed Defiance..
    I did too. Specifically the instances. I could run the same one 20 times in a row and still have fun.

  21. #21
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 82

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    shady lurkin' duh. Looted: 1200 Bandits
    Posts
    5,265
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    I def enjoyed the game. Melee build was a blast.

    I was waiting for this to go on sale again on PC. Just got my 360 replaced and almost put it in. Almost.

    Good news indeed.
    Livin' proof of a dying dream

  22. #22
    42 Reputation: 57
    Dave!Yognaught's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    947
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    I could never do the Arena enough to actually purchase a castithan blade, you always needed like, 30k points to just get bronze, and that only paid out 50 cred to purchase the crappiest one :/

  23. #23
    Roon's Rogue Reputation: 117
    coldReactive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    4,291
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I bought the Deluxe version and the Season Pass. It was a mistake, because it took ages for them to release DLC. Plus, the Hydra didn't even work until recently for leveling Rocket Launcher Skill.

    I never intended to play the game for its PVP, ever; which, if you don't plan to play the game for PVP, it's a horrible game, period. I should've never bought it. I won't go back even if they gave us extras for buying it prior to free to play.

    Only plays Magic DPS Classes, Healers and Machinist/Engineers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Balmung)
    Waiting On: FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior, RE:FFVII ∑ Saving For: New Computer

  24. #24
    Codename: Duchess Reputation: 195
    olaph's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Scolding Woodhouse
    Posts
    11,552
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imported_JoshuaBojangles View Post
    I did too. Specifically the instances. I could run the same one 20 times in a row and still have fun.
    The major Arkfalls were the one thing I always found were a blast, especially when 50+ people rock up to fight it.

  25. #25
    Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 20

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    233
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    I bought the Deluxe version and the Season Pass. It was a mistake, because it took ages for them to release DLC. Plus, the Hydra didn't even work until recently for leveling Rocket Launcher Skill.

    I never intended to play the game for its PVP, ever; which, if you don't plan to play the game for PVP, it's a horrible game, period. I should've never bought it. I won't go back even if they gave us extras for buying it prior to free to play.
    They said they would release the 5 dlc in 1 year and so they did :\
    I played the game only for the PvE. The PvE is pretty cool if you play it following the TV series as some quests exists only for the week of the episode in the TV.
    yeah, I know, tons of grammar errors. Sorry :-(

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •