Perpetuum Online went steam and b2p

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 17

Default Perpetuum Online went steam and b2p

Anyone here has any experience with perpetuum? I heard it's like eve online but with robots. I'd like to know more before i jump in the wagon so to speak.
    You know what a locked skill "f2p" mmo is? Absolute garbage.

Nick is a wanker. Reputation: 605

It's like Eve Online... in 2004.

Very limited amount of robots. Skill system is a bit different (get points all day, every day -> they're in a pool) and skills go up to lvl10. It still has multipliers as in Eve.
    No real fansites, poor 3rd party programs and/or resources. Market is confusing, navigating is even MORE confusing. No autopilot.

It's not worth the 30eur (or regional equivalent) price tag.

It's for the hardcore Eve players that played it back in the day. If you're a new player (with or without Eve experience), you're in for a bad time.
    Edit: just to be clear, you might still enjoy it but just like Eve, others will have a hard time enjoying it.
    Last edited by SnOwPrincess; 05-02-2014 at 01:49 AM.

[My Anime List] | [last.fm] | [xfire] | [Steam]
    Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    i have no clue as to what a paragraph is

Wario’s Bad Accent Reputation: 31

Never heard of it.
    Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/daeoc
    Come and stop by sometime, I stream mainly JRPGs, WRPGs, Shooters, Horror, MMOs, and MOBAs. Currently, the focus is on JRPGs with a mixed bag of everything else.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 220

Quote Originally Posted by SnOwBunZz View Post
    It's like Eve Online... in 2004.

Very limited amount of robots. Skill system is a bit different (get points all day, every day -> they're in a pool) and skills go up to lvl10. It still has multipliers as in Eve.
    No real fansites, poor 3rd party programs and/or resources. Market is confusing, navigating is even MORE confusing. No autopilot.

It's not worth the 30eur (or regional equivalent) price tag.

It's for the hardcore Eve players that played it back in the day. If you're a new player (with or without Eve experience), you're in for a bad time.
    Edit: just to be clear, you might still enjoy it but just like Eve, others will have a hard time enjoying it.
    Bunzz summed it up pretty well. It dropped off the mainstream radar for games for a reason, it's extraordinarily outdated in every way possible. Hell I'm surprised it's still going considering it's really only had a small community for a very long time.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

I was hoping they'd stay subscription-based. This game doesn't deserve to go F2P. And yeah - it's like EVE but with robots, as SnOwBunny described.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.