Cash shops? What do you think?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Cash shops? What do you think?

Hello all,
    To all of the gamers out there let me introduce myself. I am a game design student doing a masters in game design theory, with the data I need to collect I wish to help bring better understanding in the way free to play games design systems around cash shop items in MMOs by trying to find a connection between player types and cash shop item preferences.

It would mean a lot for just 1 person to spare 5 minutes of your day to help a fellow gamer, just copy paste the link below and fill in this small survey and know you did some good today, Thank you. And if you are worried about the link from a 0 post guy, just Google kwiksurveys to see that its legit.

kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=grq54v6ko1icbft353012
    Here

And if you want a topic of discussion, Why do you think subscription games are still being made? And what do people think about VR making a impact in the MMO space in the next 5 years?
    Last edited by JBGameDesign; 05-03-2014 at 06:47 PM.

FabianN's Fanatic Reputation: 70

Please add an option to both PVE and PVP Questions:

N/A - I Do not play MMORPGs for this type of content.

I absolutely hate PVP, and will not play PVP Games, at all really. (Even if I do, I avoid PVP as much as possible, never go into areas that will auto-flag me, and will never flag myself.)

So, I cannot accurately answer the question "When playing PvP in a MMO, which would best describe you?"

There are more options possible to the question "In a MMO, you have out leveled the area you are exploring, which do you rather do?" I cannot accurately answer it either with just the two given.

I also cannot accurately answer the question "If the game has open world PvP, in which way would you prefer to play the game?" Because I wouldn't be caught dead playing a forced open world PVP MMORPG.

The last question mentioned above will not allow me to complete the survey at all, please re-do options for the survey.
    Last edited by coldReactive; 05-03-2014 at 04:12 AM.

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EQ Next, FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior Saving For: An Epic Computer / PS Vita

Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 87

Mmm there are alot of question about what I'm most likely to spend on, but a few about which choices of ingame cash shop I respect or even accept. I actually put them choices in the order of things I would spend on without feeling guilty, stupid or completely ripped off.

Normally I wouldn't play a game with a cash shop giving a statistical advantage. Paying for convenience and cosmetics seems fine to me as long as there are in game alternatives. (hopefully not 1 in game outfit to 50 cash shop outfits x-x)
    Oh and ... cash shop giving currency is also very bad for ingame economy as it causes inflation problems, and if you try to compensate with sinks you then get unsustainability problems for non-paying users.

I would when I was younger, had no income and no way to get access to P2P games. ( I wouldn't spend on those either )
    But right now I consider P2P to be more affordable (as I could easily spend 1000$ a month of games if I wanted to) and quite a lot more stable in what I can reasonably achieve within the game without having to cash out more. I generally also feel that my money is better managed by companies with P2P games in general. I think the price of P2P games should be a bit higher as they didn't follow inflation at all, but I do understand that this would be a commercial suicide, this ain't a popular opinion.

I've been quite busy recently, and I can't play as much, but that's no reason I should be able to pay and catch up to the others that actually invested their time in the game. The opposite should be as true as far as I'm concerned.
    Last edited by DarkAztaroth; 05-03-2014 at 07:23 AM.

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 72

Quote Originally Posted by JBGameDesign View Post
    Hello all,
    To all of the gamers out there let me introduce myself. I am a game design student doing a masters in game design theory, with the data I need to collect I wish to help bring better understanding in the way free to play games design systems around cash shop items in MMOs by trying to find a connection between player types and cash shop item preferences.

It would mean a lot for just 1 person to spare 5 minutes of your day to help a fellow gamer, just copy paste the link below and fill in this small survey and know you did some good today, Thank you. And if you are worried about the link from a 0 post guy, just Google kwiksurveys to see that its legit.

kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=grq54v6ko1icbft353012
    https://kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=grq54v6ko1icbft353012

And if you want a topic of discussion, Why do you think subscription games are still being made? And what do people think about VR making a impact in the MMO space in the next 5 years?
    i feel that newer developers think suscription is a better way to make money, but they're wrong. cash shop > suscription

i'm not really a fan of virtual reality, sure it may make an impact but it's not my cup of tea, i prefer fantasy mmo

Bump to my thread, I still need lots of people to help me out! thank you

Quote Originally Posted by JBGameDesign View Post
    Bump to my thread, I still need lots of people to help me out! thank you
    Please read replies, and actually make changes to your survey.

Waiting On: EQ Next, FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior Saving For: An Epic Computer / PS Vita

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Tribes: Ascend and Path of Exile went F2P? Maybe I did some sort of founder pack access thing. War Thunder is two words, and "greatist" is not a word.

Currently playing this week... This is just to aid me counting; MMOs: 4 (50+hr/week)
    GW2
    FFXIV:ARR
    ArcheAge
    Entropia
    RTS/MOBA: 2 (20-35hr/week)
    SC2
    LoL
    World of Tanks
    Planning to Play: 6
    EVE
    Runescape
    War Thunder
    Star Citizen
    Otherland
    TheRepopulation

lol - I'm willing to spend up to $100 on a crafting recipe or buff.

A) Life is about family, friends and love. <3.
    Life is about being best and doing what you want to do, freedom!
    I can't decide, since I have a split-personality for each of those goals. Also, my friends keep ditching me, so the more I strive for (a) the more I end-up without (A).

lol Thanks...

I'm more of a MOBA player.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Link's a Hippie! Reputation: 41

If i had to give any advice where cash-shops are concerned, it'd be exclusively cosmetics - and allow some items in your cash-shop to be purchased for a select amount of the typical in game currency.( that's a horribly attractive hook to set out there)

I already did Cold, I removed and changed them questions you spoke of, thanks.

I completed it :V Thanks for changing it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast