[NEW VIDEO] North American Freestyle 2: Why FS2 is better

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

Default [NEW VIDEO] North American Freestyle 2: Why FS2 is better

Hey guys, if you haven't heard or seen my other post here, North America is releasing Freestyle Street Basketball 2. Closed beta starts May 14th.

I created a Youtube video series exploring Freestyle 2 for those that are intersted.

Here's my newest and most recent video:
    Last edited by ShotFake; 05-04-2014 at 07:01 PM.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 18

Quote Originally Posted by ShotFake View Post
    Hey guys, if you haven't heard or seen my other post here, North America is releasing Freestyle Street Basketball 2. Closed beta starts May 14th.

I created a Youtube video series exploring Freestyle 2 for those that are intersted.

Here's my newest and most recent video: http://youtu.be/5e3vjQkBd60
    Finally so there is something other than the first Freestyle, game was cheap as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooka View Post
    Finally so there is something other than the first Freestyle, game was cheap as hell.
    Yeah, I expect Freestyle 2 to be much better, and I played the first one for five years!

To the top! Just want the news to get out there!

Lothia's Lurker Reputation: 68

I hope people realize that FS2 will not solve the lag issues of FS. And coming from someone who played FS2 EXTENSIVELY before it caught on in the old FS attitude.. Tbh, blocking outside shots was one of the easiest things to perform and it made it extremely hard to effectively use screens. There were a lot of dunk spaming (as per FS1) and the team play is actually diminished. At least MS and Kukgi required team play and mechanical skill. The mechanical skill cap in FS2 is much much much lower. The overall team skill and team play based knowledge may have increased a good bit but yeah.
    Last edited by EpicPhail; 05-06-2014 at 01:27 AM.
    "Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference"

Quote Originally Posted by EpicPhail View Post
    I hope people realize that FS2 will not solve the lag issues of FS. And coming from someone who played FS2 EXTENSIVELY before it caught on in the old FS attitude.. Tbh, blocking outside shots was one of the easiest things to perform and it made it extremely hard to effectively use screens. There were a lot of dunk spaming (as per FS1) and the team play is actually diminished. At least MS and Kukgi required team play and mechanical skill. The mechanical skill cap in FS2 is much much much lower. The overall team skill and team play based knowledge may have increased a good bit but yeah.
    Of course the skill cap was lower, The game was hardly released when you played. When FreeStyle 1 came out the skill cap was extremely low compared to now because the game has been out for 7+ years. Have you seen some recent korean FS2 club matches? I feel like your just hating without thinking about what you are saying. The skill cap will evolve as the game is out, FS2 has a greater potential for team play and skill cap. Also the game is much smoother and is not as PC and Internet performance based, solving the lag issue because it doesn't effect gameplay as much. Come on man, think!

Lothia's Lurker Reputation: 68

Quote Originally Posted by ShotFake View Post
    Of course the skill cap was lower, The game was hardly released when you played. When FreeStyle 1 came out the skill cap was extremely low compared to now because the game has been out for 7+ years. Have you seen some recent korean FS2 club matches? I feel like your just hating without thinking about what you are saying. The skill cap will evolve as the game is out, FS2 has a greater potential for team play and skill cap. Also the game is much smoother and is not as PC and Internet performance based, solving the lag issue because it doesn't effect gameplay as much. Come on man, think!
    How can a P2P, host based game be less internet based ? If you have PC lag on Freestyle you should really just not be on the computer at all.

Stop preaching. This is what the community does every time they get an update. Over sell it. Hard.

FS2, as a whole, is mechanically less challenging. It's like comparing Dota 2 to League. Dota is mechanically 10X's harder, it doesent mean the game itself is.

And I've been playinh FS2 on and off with shika and a few others on the Korean server for a little over a year now.
    Last edited by EpicPhail; 05-06-2014 at 05:24 PM.
    "Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference"

Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 20

I'll only play this if the reward for winning feels valuable to me and that has yet to be seen. And then there is always security/lag/ whatever stability/polish that has yet to be experienced to see if it will be something great to play in the long run.
    Starcraft oldschool aka wise/04. SWG/UO aka Wise HeRo, Light Jedi Knight pre-cu (Bria)

Quote Originally Posted by EpicPhail View Post
    How can a P2P, host based game be less internet based ? If you have PC lag on Freestyle you should really just not be on the computer at all.

Stop preaching. This is what the community does every time they get an update. Over sell it. Hard.

FS2, as a whole, is mechanically less challenging. It's like comparing Dota 2 to League. Dota is mechanically 10X's harder, it doesent mean the game itself is.

And I've been playinh FS2 on and off with shika and a few others on the Korean server for a little over a year now.
    We get it, you have played the game. Just the fact that you can even play it on a servwr that is located in korea says somthing. It's less host dependent, and performance based because:

There are less rebounds you can kal, position is more important making any delay or lag less important.

Dive range has decreased, also making position more important rather than how fast you connect to the host.

- - - Updated - - -

The ability to actually dribble will allow plays to set up. You can actually do BASKETBALL plays like off ball movements, pick and rolls, pops and more. I'll just let you figure it out on your own when you stop using your laggy korean FS2 experience as a reference.