Let's Play - Hearthstone

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366

Default Let's Play - Hearthstone

No. It's not a "Let's Play" series, but meant as in "let us start playing again or start playing hearthstone overall".

Playing alone ranked/arena starts to get boring when you don't have an opponent to chat with or to compete with for the best deck build. Hell, could even help each other and just grind quest rewards instead of stressing yourself out because you can't get those 5 Mage wins to get the 60 gold you need to finally enter Arena.

Is it P2W? Maybe, if you are looking for that instantaneous gratification when you launch the game the first time. But the sad truth is you will still suck major balls and won't get past rank 20 even with all the available cards because you have no idea how the game works. Kind of like when you get instant lvl 90 boost in WoW for a class and race you haven't heard of or even touched in your lifetime and it takes time to get used to it and work around all the details, except it takes longer in Hearthstone for the average folk. By the time you get a grasp of it you will have majority, if not all, the cards you need to compete for the place in Legendary rankings (assuming you stick to one class because you might have to sacrifice other good cards from other classes to craft the specific card you need for yours).

Grus#2762, Europe

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 72

tldr: lets play a game onrpg can't play because it's boring

Detective Kirby Reputation: 10

I'm down. I play it all the time especially since it's been released on iPad.

I'm going to have to disagree, though, with the comment about having almost all the cards you need to compete in legendary. I'd say it's more like 40 percent of the cards you need. When you watch higher end players, it's very rare to see the not play with a few legendaries on their decks.

My tag is voice#1514.

Power_Gamer_6's Pick Reputation: 35

The people that think Hearthstone is P2W have no clue really. There are 3 kinds of decks, aggro, mid and control. Only the control kind of decks have alot of legendary cards. They're strong, yes. But alot of them cant survive till end game. Some of the beste aggro decks have NO legendaries in them, and are very cheap to make/craft. Also aggro tends to be more effecient to rank-up with, since the games are shorter. So if you dont have all cards, or you're new to the game. I suggest you play an aggro type of deck. I pretty much know all the good decks in this meta out of my head. If you need any help with deck building. I can help with that. Doesnt matter which class.

I was almost legendary rank myself last season. Its not that hard if you know what you're doing. I just choose priest class, which is the weakest class in the current meta. And his winrate isnt that good, the games take long also since it can go to fatigue with all the heals. So I just didnt have enough time to grind to legendary. Its a very fun to play class. I actually made it to 500 wins to unlock goldwn priest portrait. I always like to play the least popular and weakest classes. Add me for some friendly games or questions.

Europe
    Battletag: PaiMei#2114
    Last edited by Beatrix23; 05-03-2014 at 09:42 AM.

42 Reputation: 10

I am only playing arena, anything else gets boring too fast =p

And lol at people saying its p2w, I bet u guys never played any card games before.
    Hearthstone is more free2play then any card game out there.
    Most card games dont even let u play for free let alone give u ability to get cards for free.
    Last edited by tihi85; 05-03-2014 at 10:59 AM.

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 47

I've been playing since November and it's obviously a P2W game. That being said, there are different levels of P2W, so for some people it won't be P2W, for others it will.
    Also the game is heavily based on luck, so the P2W doesn't feel as heavy as in other games where there is not that much luck involved.

You can play certain f2p decks which will work well to advance in ranked, due to the RNG of the game and limited mechanics. But you can't do some kind of decks (mostly control) without a lot of expensive cards which would take at least a few months of farm or insane luck opening packs.

In the end...it comes down to how you want to play the game. I think it's a game with a lot of potential but it needs more mechanics and less RNG involved. Hopefully in a few patches the game offers better gameplay.

If you're new and really commited to playing this game. You probably want to invest in 40 packs, since this is also the best deal. And will get you started abit faster. That being said. There are many free players. And some of them have unlocked EVERY card for free already. You can see this also as an challenge by itself. How far can you get in arena? The best players can play arena unlimited, since they will have above 6-7 wins everytime. With a few going under 6 and above 8 wins. Which means, not only will get your 150 gold back,(best I got was 420gold from 12wins), but also free booster pack and possible golden card. So you can unlock everything for free reasonable fast. But its not an easy task.

Ofcourse, being a card game. There is alot of RNG. This is also what makes the game less predictable and more fun. Still, its has e-sport qualities. Players like Kolento managed to get 80%+ winrating with his mid hunter deck, by countering the meta and making a total new undiscovered deck. This winrating is extreme for a card game. So there is alot of skill in playing , but also deck building. Dont let anyone tell you otherwise

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

To be honest I hear people talking about this game all the time, so now I'm actually really curious and I really want to try this.

I think I'll download this and give it a try.

Sonicís Milkshake Reputation: 13

I'm a pure f2p hearthstone player.

I'm sitting on 1500 or 1600 gold and have done arena approximately 200 times in 5 months.

Only recently have I gone 'infinite' - maybe 20 arenas ago.

I'm missing maybe 3 rares, 9 or 10 epics and about 18 legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Karanos View Post
    I'm a pure f2p hearthstone player.

I'm sitting on 1500 or 1600 gold and have done arena approximately 200 times in 5 months.

Only recently have I gone 'infinite' - maybe 20 arenas ago.

I'm missing maybe 3 rares, 9 or 10 epics and about 18 legendaries.
    Sounds like myself! Altho, admittedly I did buy a few packs. But most cards I unlocked for free also in arena. I have everything now I wanted. Started playing in Januari tho. So been playing for a while now. Still enjoying it. Since the meta shifts so fast. Every month ladder resets and new decks emerge. There will always be new decks and playstyles. And in window mode you can play HS and multi-task. Doing work or just watching movies. series, streams while waiting turns in HS.

The future also looks good. Huge playerbase now with it being released on i-pad and android in the future. This summer they will release adventure mode and with it new cards.(death rattle theme)Also observer mode will come. Making new players going pro alot faster. The potential for this game is pretty sick actually. And from what it looks they're really going the e-sport route. Balancing cards with to much RNG(Tinkmaster/Nat Pagle). So far im very happy with it.
    Last edited by Beatrix23; 05-03-2014 at 01:52 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast