Let's Play - Hearthstone

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366

Yeah, I can't handle this. I just want to enjoy the game and dick around so I am just gonna buy 40 packs in couple days. I don't have the patience to grind through bullshit.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 293

Quote Originally Posted by marcipaans View Post
    Yeah, I can't handle this. I just want to enjoy the game and dick around so I am just gonna buy 40 packs in couple days. I don't have the patience to grind through bullshit.
    that is what i did and it made my life easier ... i still play ir on daily basis crushing all of the peasants!
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

Power_Gamer_6's Pick Reputation: 35

Yeah, 40 packs will get you started abit faster with "serious" decks. Since that equals to about a month of normal playing. Unless you're a arena expert. Which I estimate maybe around 5% of the total playerbase is. With abit of luck you will get 2-3 legendaries also from the 40 packs. Atleast you will be able to rank-up with a competative deck of some sorts.

That being said. Alot of people are netdecking. Which means they copy the decks of "pro's", expecting the same results they have had with that deck. This is where alot of the frustrations comes in. Just because someone used that deck to perfection, doesnt mean you will be able to do the same. This game is easy to play, but almost impossible to play perfect. There is alot of experience coming from knowing your deck, and knowing the opponents deck. New players dont have that. And alot of them will blame everything to RNG. Getting dissapointed fast. The reality is, they are the weakest link almost always. Not the deck. Certainly not RNG in the long term.

Also a good player will see the meta after 20-30 games. Do you face alot of hunters? You probably should adjust your deck accordingly. Not blindly play the deck, that has weaknesses in the current meta. And the meta changes almost every week. Tempo/miracle Rogues seem very popular right now. Atleast in the high ranks. Do you have an awnser to remove their concealed auctioneer? If not...you might find yourself in alot of trouble...alot of the times.

Ofcourse, it all depends how serious you take this game. You can just have fun.
    Last edited by Beatrix23; 05-06-2014 at 09:41 AM.

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 86

i can't believe you're actually wasting money on this

Power_Gamer_6's Pick Reputation: 35

Quote Originally Posted by Ryukiri View Post
    Why is it a waste? Time=money in a sense. So if you afford the money, its probably a good idea. Especially, if you spend it on something you enjoy. Ofcourse, I already know you dont like the game. Which is perfectly fine. Yet... you keep posting in it.
    Last edited by Beatrix23; 05-06-2014 at 09:56 AM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 293

Quote Originally Posted by Ryukiri View Post
    Some people spend money on other things we spend on this... Simple as that.

42 Reputation: 10

I would rather build my deck bit by bit, slowly learning how to play while also figuring out which cards I need/want or not.
    Trump made Mage and Shaman to Legendary rank with new F2P accounts.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mi2...P2xp5e0tbOB2Jz
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69e6...j5sCiYY8F6MxZU

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 12

Well RNGesus must really dislike me, decided finally saved up enough gold to Arena again and picked shaman this time (since its a class I have the most experience playing), manage to put together what I think is a solid deck but end up getting stomped by a mage first (couldn't keep cards out long enough before she'd wipe the board). I eventually manage to win 1 while losing one to another shaman (who had a really amazing deck) and end up against another mage, I was down to 4 life but had 2 cards out and 2 cards in hand that would've got me the win (they had something like 17 hp left), they had no cards in hand and on their next turn draw that 4/2 card with charge that gives your opponent a mana crystal to win the game and bounce me out of arena. I mean holy crap that kind of crap shouldn't happen. I think the only game that has ever frustrated me more than Hearthstone is LoL and that's more due to the community.

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 47

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrix23 View Post
    Certainly not RNG in the long term
    To win in Hearthstone all you need is:

-Basic knowledge about the game (know all cards)
    -Make a deck with higher chances to win (Aka, if 80% of the matches are against the same deck, you could make a deck against it and therefor raise your chance to win).
    -Guess what you or the opponent could do a few turns ahead and apply some basic maths to get probabilities of you/him drawing/having X card.
    -Pray RNG to favor you

Sure, it's impossible to play "perfect", but that's due to RNG. No matter how you play each turn, if RNG doesn't want you to win you won't win. There are not ways to "control" your deck, the only available mechanic in the game to do so is drawing cards which is still based on RNG.
    Obviously there are better and worse plays, but you can only "guess" what your opponent is going to do.

If there are players who can achieve top ranks often it's mainly because they don't go to a website and copy the last season/month/week deck. It's plain silly to do so because chances are most of the playerbase are doing the same.

The game heavily needs more mechanics and less RNG. But they certainly did a great job adding so much RNG because people barely notice the P2W model, which otherwise it would be quite heavy.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366

The card draw mechanics for Northshire Cleric, Acolyte of Pain and Starving Buzzard minimize the "luck" aspect of the game. For Hunter it's easiest to play out the Buzzard + UtH combo and then still summon several 1 mana beasts which gives you a boatload of cards.

I think there needs to be more "innovative" card effects that let you draw extra cards or effects that let you draw more specific cards.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast