Let's Play - Hearthstone

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Power_Gamer_6's Pick Reputation: 35

Quote Originally Posted by Adamaris View Post
    The game heavily needs more mechanics and less RNG. But they certainly did a great job adding so much RNG because people barely notice the P2W model, which otherwise it would be quite heavy.
    First off, there is no P2W model. I'm sorry. But it just isnt true. Everything can be done or gained for free. And people already made legendary rank with F2P decks, all the time. That being said, most people cant even get legendary rank with a "P2W, legendary cards" deck. It just isnt that simplistic.

The RNG issue gets kind of old. Its mainly because I guess most people arnt familiar with card games? EVERY card game has RNG, its the nature of the game type. And makes the outcome of games more enjoyable and less predictable. Its actually a good thing? O rly? Mind is blown!

There is nothing new to see here, really. Games as old as Magic:the gathering have it. And that started like 20 years ago. Guess what happens with RNG when 2 players play? It tends to even out between them. Not always, ofcourse. But in a serie of games. The best player, with the best deck WILL win. You could also see this in Dreamhack Bucharest.

I mean even games as obvious as poker. You see all-in's go lucky sometimes, even against the odds. And this is a huge shift. Still you also see the same players at the final table over and over. The same tourney winners over and over. This is the skill element. Its not obvious to see. Most people will only see the surface of plays and the end result.

Quote Originally Posted by marcipaans View Post
    The card draw mechanics for Northshire Cleric, Acolyte of Pain and Starving Buzzard minimize the "luck" aspect of the game. For Hunter it's easiest to play out the Buzzard + UtH combo and then still summon several 1 mana beasts which gives you a boatload of cards.

I think there needs to be more "innovative" card effects that let you draw extra cards or effects that let you draw more specific cards.
    Funny you mentioned the UtH combo. Blizz just announced it will get nerfed from 2 to 3 mana soon. Eventho it was only a little broken against Shaman and Paladin imho. But it probably still is a good nerf. Card draw is important, but not as much you might think. Generally, the more aggro the deck is, the faster it runs out of steam.(small minions) Hence, you need ALOT of card draw. Thats why warlock aggro is so popular.(card draw hero power)

Strong heavy control decks sometimes have ZERO card draw. Because they play strong heavy minions/legendaries. That most of the time go 1-2 card trade. So you dont really need card draw. A card like tracking in Hunter, lets you find the specific card you need.

More mechanics will probably be released over time. That much is sure. This summer we will get new cards, that will change the meta. And its deathrattle mechanic themed. I think the game has alot of potential to grow. More cards and more mechanics are certainly welcome.
    Last edited by Beatrix23; 05-07-2014 at 11:44 AM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366

Opened 40 packs. Did quick search on a "good" Priest deck, didn't have all the cards so just quickly improvised without giving much thought. Doing infintely better with all the new cards available to me. My Priest deck still sucks but it seems to focus on outlasting the enemy and just denying all the combos he tries to create and just force him into conceding.

42 Reputation: 10

In Ranked sure u can say there is some pay to win but isnt any card game like that, I seen worse.
    While Arena is not pay to win at all, there u cant complain about P2W.
    U can only complain about urself sucking at it . You cant expect to do good when u dont know how to play well.
    Sure a lot of things in Arena are RNG but there is also a lot more skill involved then u guys think.

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 47

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrix23 View Post
    The RNG issue gets kind of old. Its mainly because I guess most people arnt familiar with card games? EVERY card game has RNG, its the nature of the game type. And makes the outcome of games more enjoyable and less predictable. Its actually a good thing? O rly? Mind is blown!
    I guess you haven't played many TCG/CCG. Yes, RNG has impact on all games, but not that heavily.

First of all, you can't control your deck like in the majority of other games. There is no mechanic for it other than pure draw. You can't do anything outside your turn other than a few secrets. Along with cards that are pure RNG.
    If you mix all that, you have a heavily based RNG game like Hearthstone.

Comparing it to Poker is retarded, seriously. In a TCG or Hearthstone every deck has its pros and cons, you can't win everything with a single deck, unless it's due to RNG. Comparing it to Magic is also completely lame, Magic has a lot of mechanics and it's not based completely on what you draw.

If you could watch the so called "Hearthstone Pro players" you would notice that the majority of time they don't win/lose because of their huge skill, but because RNG favors them/their opponent just like it favors anyone else. And that's why if you ever watch one of the so called "pros" you'll notice all of them hit the "wall" in ranked play because the skill reaches a point where it doesn't matter anymore. At that point, it's X deck has higher chance to win Y deck.

Hearthstone is very limited, and it's a simple game. You can play a few turns ahead if you know the cards your opponent has on his deck but that's about it.

I've been playing since November, depending on how someone wants to play it will be P2W or not. The fact is that it's P2W but the enormous amount of RNG balances it out so it's not that big of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by marcipaans View Post
    My Priest deck still sucks but it seems to focus on outlasting the enemy
    That's pretty much what priests do.
    Last edited by Adamaris; 05-07-2014 at 02:03 PM.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

Card games are boring as hell without the social aspect present in RL games like Magic.
    Even Yugi would say "f*ck this" If he didn't get to banter about trap cards and such.

It's basically RNG vs RNG with no interaction. It's MS Checkers with less strategy.
    Last edited by FarmerM; 05-07-2014 at 02:04 PM.

Arri's Animal Reputation: 94

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    Card games are boring as hell without the social aspect present in RL games like Magic.
    Even Yugi would say "f*ck this" If he didn't get to banter about trap cards and such.

It's basically RNG vs RNG with no interaction. It's MS Checkers with less strategy.
    You can chat if you have them added to friends.

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 48

I understand why the is no chat options. It will be just
    'OMG Legendary ***'
    'YOU SUCK, TOP DECK MUCH?'
    'NO SKILL ONLY LUCK'
    'F***ING C***'
    etc
    RNG is RNG if you don't account for it then that's your fault. When I play, I play like the RNG is in their favor, and expect the worse.
    Yes you are going to lose to RNG but if you are good at the game you WILL win more than you lose regardless of RNG. Most of all it's a game. have fun and if you are not having fun then why are you playing it...

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

I'm not.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 293

Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    I understand why the is no chat options. It will be just
    'OMG Legendary ***'
    'YOU SUCK, TOP DECK MUCH?'
    'NO SKILL ONLY LUCK'
    'F***ING C***'
    etc
    RNG is RNG if you don't account for it then that's your fault. When I play, I play like the RNG is in their favor, and expect the worse.
    Yes you are going to lose to RNG but if you are good at the game you WILL win more than you lose regardless of RNG. Most of all it's a game. have fun and if you are not having fun then why are you playing it...
    i just normally use the quick chat function to use sorry ... when i am like on 10hp and the other one is on 20+ then i just **** him in one run or something ... always make them believe that they got you and then destroy them it makes them kids rage more
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

Arri's Animal Reputation: 94

Quote Originally Posted by poeticas View Post
    i just normally use the quick chat function to use sorry ... when i am like on 10hp and the other one is on 20+ then i just **** him in one run or something ... always make them believe that they got you and then destroy them it makes them kids rage more
    I hate when they go "well played" after you die...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast