Went to a comic store and saw a guy playing FFX HD on a PS vita.

TerrinBlaze's Treasure Reputation: 32

Default Went to a comic store and saw a guy playing FFX HD on a PS vita.

Damn!

The first time I noticed was the graphic! The PS Vita has just 10x better graphics than the 3DS and yet it sells lower.

Can anyone tell me why? Just watching the guy play FFX makes me wonder why the 3DS isn't as good as the PS vita in terms of hardware.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

Both systems had a rough start but when it comes to the 3DS selling over the Vita:

- It's marketed better
    - The 3DS is backwards compatible with DS games.
    - It costs less
    - The fanbase of some of the more well known series on it (Think of games like Megaman Legends 3 that was supposed to be a system seller, or the Pokemon games, Animal Crossing, etc)
    - More multiplayer games
    - StreetPass is an excellent way of discovering fellow gamers (at my job there are 5 people that have a 3DS and only my self and my friend have Vitas) and provides some nice non game breaking benefits to a number of games.
    -The Vita has more enhanced ports rather than new games or series continuations, such as, FFX and Disgaea.
    -A number of the similar games on the Vita are outclassed by ones of the 3DS in terms of gameplay, challenge and/or overall fun. A perfect example of this is while there are more raid style games on the Vita (Ragnarok ACE, Soul Sacrifice, Toukiden: The Age of Demons) Monster Hunter on the 3DS is still a lot better.

Nintendo is still focused on pushing out quality games on their handhelds, Sony is not. And if you look at their track record, if there has been one thing Nintendo has done right, it has been with their handheld systems. Even way back when SEGA pushed out the GameGear with color and Nintendo games were still without color, the gameboy still had a larger library of games and better battery life which mattered more to people who tend to like portable gaming. And that is still the same with the 3DS and Vita now.

I own both and I like both, but I play my 3DS more and that will increase when SSB4 comes out. And talk about system sellers, especially with the 2DS being dirt cheap and there's nothing major coming our for the Vita this summer? Be prepared to see a whole lot more people with them.
    Last edited by Kashis; 05-03-2014 at 09:12 AM.
    "Your life is yours alone. Rise up and live it."
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis

Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 853

Yeah, the vita is really pretty. I think the screen is more crisp too.

But ya don't play Nintendo systems for graphics.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 195

N3ds has way better games on it. Vita kind of made a rough start with everything, only now it's slowly getting some good games.

TerrinBlaze's Treasure Reputation: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Kashis View Post
    Both systems had a rough start but when it comes to the 3DS selling over the Vita:

- It's marketed better
    - The 3DS is backwards compatible with DS games.
    - It costs less
    - The fanbase of some of the more well known series on it (Think of games like Megaman Legends 3 that was supposed to be a system seller, or the Pokemon games, Animal Crossing, etc)
    - More multiplayer games
    - StreetPass is an excellent way of discovering fellow gamers (at my job there are 5 people that have a 3DS and only my self and my friend have Vitas) and provides some nice non game breaking benefits to a number of games.
    -The Vita has more enhanced ports rather than new games or series continuations, such as, FFX and Disgaea.
    -A number of the similar games on the Vita are outclassed by ones of the 3DS in terms of gameplay, challenge and/or overall fun. A perfect example of this is while there are more raid style games on the Vita (Ragnarok ACE, Soul Sacrifice, Toukiden: The Age of Demons) Monster Hunter on the 3DS is still a lot better.

Nintendo is still focused on pushing out quality games on their handhelds, Sony is not. And if you look at their track record, if there has been one thing Nintendo has done right, it has been with their handheld systems. Even way back when SEGA pushed out the GameGear with color and Nintendo games were still without color, the gameboy still had a larger library of games and better battery life which mattered more to people who tend to like portable gaming. And that is still the same with the 3DS and Vita now.

I own both and I like both, but I play my 3DS more and that will increase when SSB4 comes out. And talk about system sellers, especially with the 2DS being dirt cheap and there's nothing major coming our for the Vita this summer? Be prepared to see a whole lot more people with them.
    What games do you have on the 3DS?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Cuz everyone at school has <insert system here>.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

Quote Originally Posted by Espada1 View Post
    What games do you have on the 3DS?
    Pokemon Y
    Rune Factory 4
    MH3U (mostly play on wii u)
    Sims
    Animal crossing new leaf
    Shin Megami Tensei IV
    Kingdom Hearts DDS
    Bravely Default

I need to get the Etrian games and Project X Zone though.
    "Your life is yours alone. Rise up and live it."
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 238

i think its all about the game list ... because people who play 3ds or any NDS ... they play for how good the games are and buy them for the same reason atleast that is why i got it...

mostly played rune factory on my NDS ... all from 1st one over 300 hours spent on each
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!