I got 30 days to find a great F2P multiplayer game...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 20

Default I got 30 days to find a great F2P multiplayer game...

If that fails...I'll have to B2P + P2P monthly on Wild Star for good couple of months to see if it's better option than WOW: WOD until Star Citizen (next P2P) and Everquest 3 (next F2P) releases...

So far that's my plan and I got 30 days to find something else that's not B2P/P2P...so I can at least try it and hopefully enjoy it enough to possibly spend $ that's obvioslly not as costly as a B2P + monthly sub MMO in the long run with expansion fees on top.

So, what are your plans and do you have any suggestions?

P.S: As you can see I said a great F2P multiplayer game...not just particulary the traditional MMORPG. So, I'm open to a lot of different genres out there with some progression that feels rewarding playing it in the long run...
    Last edited by Kopogero; 05-05-2014 at 01:54 AM.
    Starcraft oldschool aka wise/04. SWG/UO aka Wise HeRo, Light Jedi Knight pre-cu (Bria)

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

Do you like basketball at all? A closed beta for a basketball MMO game is being released on May 14th called FreeStyle Street Basketball 2. The gameplay is really fun.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 72

Sdgo is a great 3d person shooter that also has meleeing options, robots with homing missles/megabeams aka no probleming hitting people. and also has lockon (right click to lock onto a target) the game has pve content but i play it mostly for the pvp, however i pve for quest rewards so i could earn more robots etc.

here is a gameplay video berserkD has even more interesting videos so check his channel if you like.
    YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

i play on the worst pc possible so i turn everything off so it looks like this on lowest settings, too bad these were saved in jpg format..

if i turn on all the settings it looks like this

though i was still using lowest settings on my graphic card since it's integrated so this means it wasn't even on the highest settings

http://sd.cherrycredits.com

here is a mirror download link because they block foreign ips from downloading but lets you play it
    http://edge.cdn.starhub.com/sdgo/ful...ntVer0_6_9.zip

the game is far from p2w but you can buy an S rank which is the highest tier with like 15 dollars or so but they don't automaticly win with it and it only takes a few days to build an S rank, i can use the worst C rank and kill most of the S rank users no problem. you also get around 3-4 free S ranks through quests. they also do alot of events so you should keep an eye on it.

here are some screenshots that i saved a while back, this was the older version of sdgo so you could tell the difference in UI

enemy are obviousl your kills, support is assist aka bruising your enemy etc. shotdown is the ammount of deaths

i kept killing them without them noticing my low health and ended up surviving the whole match like that rofl

5 guys came after me and got caught in my special and i gotta admit they were pure stupid, i never expected to kill 5 at once so easily xD

at first they make you do missions until your user rank is 2 strips, after that you're allowed to pvp.

you use both keyboard and mouse to play this game. but you could always change the controls but i find that to be too much of a work and i prefer using wasd in this game. this should easily keep you busy for a month.

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 10

Everquest 2 (awesome)! Lord of the rings online, Aion (completely free). Those are basically probably the best f2p mmo's out right now. The released as f2p are typically pay to win, which you don't want to invest time in :/. The ones listed have cash shops but are not pay to win. Cash shop stuff is basically junk no one needs, but some people might want just because.

Go try em!

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 239

wildstar ****ing blows.
    until level 15.
    then it is ****ing awesome. not for the casual, though, dungeons are very hard.

there's a wolf in my heart

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10
    Where ever you will live, I will find you

SDGO reminds me of SFRW series game

My PC specs:
    Processor: AMD FX 4300 3.8GHZ QUAD CORE
    Graphic Card: Powercolor Devil R9 270x 2gb ddr5 256bit
    RAM: 2 pcs. of Corsair Vengeance 8gbx2 ddr3 1333mhz
    Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth 990fx R2.0

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 31

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    wildstar ****ing blows.
    until level 15.
    then it is ****ing awesome. not for the casual, though, dungeons are very hard.
    Despite the difficulty, is it possible to progress through the game solo, without a dedicated group?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by BetaGods123; 05-06-2014 at 06:34 PM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 239

Quote Originally Posted by BetaGods123 View Post
    Despite the difficulty, is it possible to progress through the game solo, without a dedicated group.

Thanks in advance.
    well, a lot of the later content it's prefered if you atleast duo it, because monsters get tough. but it's soloable, and you can pug dungeons/adventures.
    raids won't be pug'able, atleast not using dungeon finder lol.

there's a wolf in my heart

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10

War Thunder.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 23

I've been back on Rift lately getting my Cleric upto lvl 60, almost there. I have a lvl 60 Warrior as well. The PvE is kind of meh... there used to be competitive raiders during OB, but I haven't played PvE in a while. I have however run all the dungeons upto Storm Legion section as both a healer and a tank and the mechanics are quite fun in most of them. The Dungeon experience is very similar to WoW.

The reason I went back is because they finally added Matchmaking to Warfronts so you can't just slaughter bads all day anymore and you are more likely to fight against people your own skill level which is nice and fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast