Gw2

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. #21
    Ape for Diddy Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    270
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poeticas View Post
    there is practically nothing worth buying now ... i am playing final fantasy realm reborn myself for quite a while but wont say buy that now...
    Bummer... I am so bored and want to play something... just tired of lag spikes in Diablo 3 and losing my well-suited character on Hardcore. Won't ever play Softcore and haven't since D1 days so that is not an option. Thinking of going back to one of the MODS for D2 but I am leaving that as a last resort. I could go Archeage in hopes that it will get better but not sure... I also was over Path of Exile pretty quickly and got bored for some reason; even with the similarities to D2.

  2. #22
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 447
    Seya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    ►Bamboo Forest◄
    Posts
    9,128
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    You should a t least give it a chance , its a unique game , pretty much the only one of its kind in the mmo world . If you're a dungeon runner freak like me you can run them as much as you want , if you like crafting [for me its confusing so i didn't craft once] people say its fun and easy to do , if you like pvp there are a lot of modes to play in , they also made a lot of easter eggs and secrets on the maps if you like exploring , it rewards you for it . There are huge open world bosses that people pile up to kill for the huge treasure box at the end . Its still not as advanced as GW1 but its still fun to play .


  3. #23
    Ape for Diddy Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    270
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seya View Post
    You should a t least give it a chance , its a unique game , pretty much the only one of its kind in the mmo world . If you're a dungeon runner freak like me you can run them as much as you want , if you like crafting [for me its confusing so i didn't craft once] people say its fun and easy to do , if you like pvp there are a lot of modes to play in , they also made a lot of easter eggs and secrets on the maps if you like exploring , it rewards you for it . There are huge open world bosses that people pile up to kill for the huge treasure box at the end . Its still not as advanced as GW1 but its still fun to play .
    I will think about it - any other suggestions thought since I have the cash?

  4. #24
    Cingal's Collar Reputation: 35
    sinfullfears's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,583
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BenTheMan667 View Post
    I will think about it - any other suggestions thought since I have the cash?
    lol so some people don't like it so instead of watching some reviews and such he just says he won't get it now. why not buy a single player game or a couple? they are infinitely better then MMOs anyways.

  5. #25
    Ape for Diddy Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    270
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sinfullfears View Post
    lol so some people don't like it so instead of watching some reviews and such he just says he won't get it now. why not buy a single player game or a couple? they are infinitely better then MMOs anyways.
    Ill be honest... I can buy a bunch of SP games right now but the replayability factor is shot for me... I don't like a game where I don't play with others, where I can't trade gear (this killed me in D3), and no content updates ( I know some games have this but wouldn't entertain me for long). I know Dark Souls II is supposed to be good but games like that and Elders Scrolls are horrible to me. Games like Final Fantasy, Diablo, Torchlight, and Diablo 2 MODS are my ideals.

    Still debating on that ultimate package for Archeage.

  6. #26
    Cingal's Collar Reputation: 35
    sinfullfears's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,583
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    its too bad cause the elder scrolls and fallout are some of the best games out on PC. mods make those games.

  7. #27
    Ape for Diddy Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    270
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sinfullfears View Post
    its too bad cause the elder scrolls and fallout are some of the best games out on PC. mods make those games.
    I just cant do it man... the gameplay for the other games I mentioned is just too much to get over... I wish there were alternatives for me to choose from.

  8. #28
    Fat Bowser Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    193
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Try out the game. I've tried literally every game out with the exception of archeage. I can say that I get bored of gw2 sometimes but it's because I've been playing for over a year and a half and have literally played/figured out every play style with every class.

    The people here are right about a few things, it's not the messiah of mmos but it's hands down the best one available for you to choose right now. I would say pve wise ffxiv would rival it. If you enjoy pvp then there is no mmo that beats it. Which is why I continue to play. It doesn't matter if your 80 or not, there is ALWAYS something you are trying to achieve pvp or pve wise.

    Believe me, I want to find a new game as well but there is simply nothing that beats gw2 at the moment. (actually I would say blade and soul maybe. Yes I'm including games released in Korea seeing as I live here and have access to all the games). You could argue that things are up to par with it for sure, but nothing beats it. Also if you want combat that's similar to wildstar, gw2 comes close.

    Quote Originally Posted by M1nGs3N4yuk1 View Post
    Yeah it's pretty stale. The game is the same game now as it was when it was first released. All new contents are temporary and not permanent. On the road to 80, it's just running to different zones trying to complete the same thing over and over. Kill x, gather x, use x on this. However, there is no NPC to accept and submit quest. This essentially makes it the same as quests in other games, just in disguise. The game is essentially single player mode because literally everything can be done alone with the exception of dungeons. On your journey to 80, be prepared to see absolutely no one because every map is empty. I don't know how much the new megaserver will help but I doubt it because everyone is either A] level 80 and they don't bother with those maps or B] every new character is on the champ train for maximum exp on the 1st zone of one specific map.

    That's my opinion of the game.
    Unfortunately this opinion is wrong on the account of seeing no one til 80. Yes this was the case before the megaserver came in due to the fact that there are a lot of servers. But now, especially the low level zones, are packed with people. I play non-primetime hours and it's still packed. People constantly talking in map chat and a ton of new players. To say it's empty til 80 is just far from the truth.

    You say it's the same game as it was during release? I don't know what you mean by this.
    Isn't every game the same game? If your talking about content then wow what are you expecting from an mmo? Pve wise there are so many events that go on. They were updating the living story every two weeks! You also have seasonal events! New content is temporary, yes, but your constantly getting those new temporary contents so im not sure what you mean by it being the same game as it was during release. In fact wouldn't new, frequent content be more fresh? From my interpretation of your post, every game is the same game it was during release then.

    Quote Originally Posted by Seya View Post
    You should a t least give it a chance , its a unique game , pretty much the only one of its kind in the mmo world . If you're a dungeon runner freak like me you can run them as much as you want , if you like crafting [for me its confusing so i didn't craft once] people say its fun and easy to do , if you like pvp there are a lot of modes to play in , they also made a lot of easter eggs and secrets on the maps if you like exploring , it rewards you for it . There are huge open world bosses that people pile up to kill for the huge treasure box at the end . Its still not as advanced as GW1 but its still fun to play .
    This.
    Last edited by -JK-; 05-06-2014 at 01:01 AM.

  9. #29
    Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 80
    ASNZern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,670
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    The thing with GW2, is that once you reach a certain point, your characters stop advancing vertically, and instead, mostly advance horizontally.

    But for $25, it's the most worth-it MMO you can ever buy.
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    Pyr3D.com - My 3D Character Artist Folio
    ---


  10. #30
    Fat Bowser Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    193
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ASNZern View Post
    The thing with GW2, is that once you reach a certain point, your characters stop advancing vertically, and instead, mostly advance horizontally.

    But for $25, it's the most worth-it MMO you can ever buy.
    I agree, end game is more about cosmetics. But...that is a thing I kinda like about it though, to be honest. It's tough to find games where end game gear is easily obtainable. That's probably because I'm one to enjoy equal ground pvp where skill and build is more important than finding rare gear

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •