Gw2

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Cingal's Collar Reputation: 35

the mega servers make the game feel new again. so far in every zone i have been in there aren't any empty zones and most events have at least a few people doing them. so nice playing the game as it was intended. though the game should be renamed warrior wars or guardian wars since 80% of the population are warriors or guardians lol

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 5

For 25 bucks you really can't go wrong getting this. I played it for a good bit, playing different classes and experimenting with different builds. I only actually advanced one character fully to 80 which was my thief which is a pretty fun class to play. I bought it at launch and came back months later to find the population quite diminished which is pretty natural for an MMO, but it ultimately effects your PvE experience making you basically solo alot of the dynamic events which can get pretty boring quickly. Dynamic events aren't the only thing to level with though. Exploring and crafting give you experience like others say. Once I hit 80 I kinda lost interest and I really don't see myself going back. Like others have said he megaserver has more than likely fixed the emptiness I felt in the past, but one huge turn off for me was the lack of weapon skills. You're stuck with the same 1-5 skills from 1-80 unless you change weapons of course, but still not a good variety. I could see where this could help balance things, but it lacked variety. In MMOs I always look forward to getting my next skill and in GW2 my dreams were crushed when I found out you kept the same 5 the whole time . However, for 25 bucks I'd say go for it. You'll put much more time into this game than any normal single-player game.

a lot of people complain about the skills but really even if you play like wow or rift u mgiht have access to 50 skill but u aren't using more then say 15 max. every mmo u have a rotation of skills. even regular RPGs u don't have a shit ton of skills. technically u have 10 weapon skills(unless u are a ele since they get 20 on each wep and can't wep switch) or engineer but kits all have 5 diff skills which is even more then 20. then 30+ utility skills which u get 3 of an an elite/healing skill. i don't see a shortage of skills there since u have a rotation of 10 skills which u can change anytime. also most mmos lets say ur a wizard u start with fireball level 1 but later unlock fireball level 2 and etc. that's not really getting a different skill seeing as it just does more damage.
    Last edited by sinfullfears; 05-06-2014 at 05:02 AM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 238

The game is great i paid full price back in the day And now for 25 its worth it because you get more than enough for that price... I have played day and night for over thousand hours doing same things over and over and it was fun but as i said in the end you choose... Pvp, wvwvw or some legendary farming but after making 2 legendaries it got boring... And pvp was not as fun since i loved gw1 more but overall from my perspective after 1.5k++ hours of playing the game is amazing...

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 20

Quote Originally Posted by ASNZern View Post
    The thing with GW2, is that once you reach a certain point, your characters stop advancing vertically, and instead, mostly advance horizontally.

But for $25, it's the most worth-it MMO you can ever buy.
    Is this erally a problem? I bought it for this :|

Btw, I play it from day one and I have never farmed for the legendary (I don't care) and I make very little RvRvR or sPvP.

I like the guild missions, the world boss events (some of these are pretty cool) and all the different dungeons (I still have to explore some).
    I don't know english very well because i'm italian

Quote Originally Posted by davidemo89 View Post
    Is this erally a problem? I bought it for this :|

Btw, I play it from day one and I have never farmed for the legendary (I don't care) and I make very little RvRvR or sPvP.

I like the guild missions, the world boss events (some of these are pretty cool) and all the different dungeons (I still have to explore some).
    How much you play daily? 25 mins or what? I have done everything exploration related during first weeks of launch... Such comments are wroten by people that play the game for 1hour a day or its their first mmo... Dont joke around gw2 is a great game but it is as repetative as a game can get and there is nothing different during each boss encounter or dungeon or guild mission... Except people or different guild mission which in the endbecomes same thing... Dont tell me you played this from the day one you will make others laugh...

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 20

Quote Originally Posted by poeticas View Post
    How much you play daily? 25 mins or what? I have done everything exploration related during first weeks of launch... Such comments are wroten by people that play the game for 1hour a day or its their first mmo... Dont joke around gw2 is a great game but it is as repetative as a game can get and there is nothing different during each boss encounter or dungeon or guild mission... Except people or different guild mission which in the endbecomes same thing... Dont tell me you played this from the day one you will make others laugh...
    Yes, I play 1h~ every day. What is the problem?
    If you play 5-10h every day you will finish every content in every game very fast. The only games that you will still have some content are the grindy mmorpg :\
    I just play for fun, I don't want to grind.
    I don't know english very well because i'm italian

Quote Originally Posted by davidemo89 View Post
    Yes, I play 1h~ every day. What is the problem?
    If you play 5-10h every day you will finish every content in every game very fast. The only games that you will still have some content are the grindy mmorpg :\
    I just play for fun, I don't want to grind.
    Then dont asume that everyone will have a lot to do like you do some of us are more intense gamers and not casuals...

Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 74

Quote Originally Posted by BenTheMan667 View Post
    Bummer... I am so bored and want to play something...
    Just buy WildStar. Early access starts at the end of the month and the game is releases on June 3rd. So the game is going to be a hot spot for a while until the new WoW expansion hits later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by KREVA View Post
    Just buy WildStar. Early access starts at the end of the month and the game is releases on June 3rd. So the game is going to be a hot spot for a while until the new WoW expansion hits later this year.
    but wildstar is nothing special... that's like telling him to go play ESO for a month or two.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast