Age of Wushu - Tempest of Strife + New Server

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Game Journalist Reputation: 421

I may be wrong, but the new server (and expansion) is supposed to release at 12:00am CST?

Also, who will be joining us?
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 220

I'll join you I guess, friend said she'd rather not play again because she knows it'll become p2w far too quickly. Can't say I'll be on it all the time but I'll get on here and there.

Diddy Kong's Boxers Reputation: 15

tell me if RE/ME have been changed o.o

Quote Originally Posted by aruna View Post
    tell me if RE/ME have been changed o.o
    RE/ME? What's that? Random Encounter and Miracle Encounter?

What would need to be changed about them?
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 31

Might try it out, I downloaded it when it first came to Steam but I haven't played it yet.
    Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/daeoc
    Come and stop by sometime, I stream mainly JRPGs, WRPGs, Shooters, Horror, MMOs, and MOBAs. Currently, the focus is on JRPGs with a mixed bag of everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    RE/ME? What's that? Random Encounter and Miracle Encounter?

What would need to be changed about them?
    be fair man, im doing like crazy and poop people said need to be cash>.>

be fair man, im doing like crazy and poop people said need to be cash>.>
    I haven't played the game for almost a year, but as far as I'm aware you don't have to pay money for the RE/ME system. That could have changed, though.

- - - Updated - - -

GG, Snail decided to change the time of the server release 40 minutes after the previously stated release time It'll now be open at 12PM CDT, 11 hours from now.

2. Silver Viper Launch - Silver Viper server will launch at 12:01 PM CDT on May 7th. This server will not be affected by this maintenance period. (Fixed Launch time)
    -Cingal

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    I haven't played the game for almost a year, but as far as I'm aware you don't have to pay money for the RE/ME system. That could have changed, though.

- - - Updated - - -

GG, Snail decided to change the time of the server release 40 minutes after the previously stated release time It'll now be open at 12PM CDT, 11 hours from now.
    ive been playing since start and all i got the reply is ME and RE is cash only

here is the evidence to support my comment
    http://www.ageofwushu.com/forums/vie...p?f=28&t=17823
    http://www.ageofwushu.com/forums/vie...hp?f=3&t=18962 3rd and 4th page

ive been playing since start and all i got the reply is ME and RE is cash only

here is the evidence to support my comment
    http://www.ageofwushu.com/forums/vie...p?f=28&t=17823
    http://www.ageofwushu.com/forums/vie...hp?f=3&t=18962 3rd and 4th page

Reading those, I get the impression that Miracle Encounters happen to VIPs randomly. That is, while a VIP is online, he has a chance that an NPC will come up to him and offer him a gift for seemingly no reason. I've seen this quite frequently back when I played, NPCs such as Cuo Cuo or something like that would appear and offer gifts that were sometimes worth something, sometimes not.

The other one is random encounter, I believe. Apparently those can be done/received by non-VIPs (at least from what I read), but right now (since Mount Hua or some other update) they don't give very good rewards.

So, that does mean that ME's are the only ones you really want to worry yourself about, but those are currently VIP only. Perhaps that will change in Tempest of Strife, but as of now, there hasn't been any mention of it as far as I know.

However, I would say you can still have a lot of fun not worrying about ME's or RE's. Personally, I never bothered too much with the encounter system and still had a lot of fun while I played. The reason I stayed away from it, is that it seems to be full of a lot of myths, ideas, theories, etc... without much concrete information. Perhaps that's changed a bit recently, but back when I played it was mostly a mystery except for a few of the Taiwanese/Chinese players who came to the USA servers to have an advantage.
    -Cingal

General Manager Reputation: 353

ApocaRUFF's expansion preview just came out of embargo. Can find the details on Tempest of Strife here:

http://www.onrpg.com/articles/editor...nsion-preview/
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Innovation is now having games play themselves? I don't want to live on this planet anymore. - Blackomen

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Elsword
    History: FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast