Age of Wushu - Tempest of Strife + New Server

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Quote Originally Posted by Darenza View Post
    I love this game sadly it seems almost impossible to make money and leveling seems ultra slow ... besides that i like it but it looks like i wont get to be the faction i want for a looooooong looooong while since i need expert of self :/
    If it's one of the factions that requires expert of self, it wont be available until (at least) the second inner is released anyways. That wont happen until the server is at least a month old.

Also, participate in script stealing and Twilight Village runs. Best two ways to make money if you don't want to get into crafting and stuff. Selling the books can net you a decent sum of money.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I just downloaded this game the other day and am likely going to start playing tomorrow. Chose newest Server and got the pack from the giveaway on the site. any suggestions to start?

Quote Originally Posted by xchampx13 View Post
    I just downloaded this game the other day and am likely going to start playing tomorrow. Chose newest Server and got the pack from the giveaway on the site. any suggestions to start?
    The first few hours can be confusing, just try to get thru them and you'll begin to enjoy the game a lot. Joining a guild can help immensely (I suggest Light, as it's what I and Jermatoo are in). PM me in-game (Apoca is my in-game name) by clicking the blue chat bubble on teh right side of your screen and typing my name in the search option.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    The first few hours can be confusing, just try to get thru them and you'll begin to enjoy the game a lot. Joining a guild can help immensely (I suggest Light, as it's what I and Jermatoo are in). PM me in-game (Apoca is my in-game name) by clicking the blue chat bubble on teh right side of your screen and typing my name in the search option.
    Is there a time I need to start worrying about being PvPed randomly? And next time I login I will send you a message in game for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by xchampx13 View Post
    Is there a time I need to start worrying about being PvPed randomly? And next time I login I will send you a message in game for sure.
    I'm getting off for a few hours to play Argo Online, so I wont be online. If you need help, however, PM Nargato and tell him you're a friend of Apoca and he'll help you however he can.

And after a certain level of your internal skill (I want to say 5, but it might be 10) you will be eligible to be PKd by anyone at any time. However, until you join a guild, this probably wont happen. Light, the guild I am in, is quite large and therefore has many enemies. On the flip side, Light is large and therefore has a lot of knowledgeable players who can help you out with questions you might have.
    -Cingal

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    I'm getting off for a few hours to play Argo Online, so I wont be online. If you need help, however, PM Nargato and tell him you're a friend of Apoca and he'll help you however he can.

And after a certain level of your internal skill (I want to say 5, but it might be 10) you will be eligible to be PKd by anyone at any time. However, until you join a guild, this probably wont happen. Light, the guild I am in, is quite large and therefore has many enemies. On the flip side, Light is large and therefore has a lot of knowledgeable players who can help you out with questions you might have.
    Okay, im probably going to get on next tomorrow afternoon or so anyway.

Alright, @champ

Anyways, I've been in the Golden Sect for a few days now and so far I've got to say I'm quite pleased. It took me a while to get used to the ranged style of fighting, as all my previous experience was using the hand and staff sets of Shaolin. There's also only 2 damage abilities in the Golden Needle set, but Life Chaser does a massive amount of damage. It can easily crit for 550-700 damage, and does a push-back affect when charged half way.

I find that I'm quite good at healing and keeping people alive in instances, too. So that's fun.

The daily and story quests are interesting, as well. Right now I'm on a part of the story where one of the more deviant NPCs of the faction has infected me with some sort of needle that slowly drains my energy and he's been using it to get me to do stuff for him.

I've also started doing the Traveling doctor task, which has me traveling to various places and healing sick people by playing a few mini-games. It's fun, plus it raises my Medical value within the faction, which is supposed to increase the effectiveness of all my abilities.
    -Cingal

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 17

I wish Wulin was updated too. I get horrible lag when trying to play on Wushu. How many characters do you have Apoc
    You know what a capped skill f2p mmo is? Absolute garbage.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 28

I had forgotten how amazingly terrible snails servers are. Nothing says **** you like eating a leisure kick rage because you couldn't block in time

Quote Originally Posted by cultist View Post
    I wish Wulin was updated too. I get horrible lag when trying to play on Wushu. How many characters do you have Apoc
    I have my old character, Shaolin on White Tiger. I also have my new character (which I play the most now) on Silver Viper that is Golden Needle sect. Don't have any other alts at the moment.

I got the Tang inner today. Just need to work towards getting the other books so I can get it up to level 25 to unlock the meridians :P Kinda the downside of the vagrant-faction path... There's no meridian connected to your inner, so you have to work harder a bit harder to get access to one of the school inners. The tang meridian gives evasion/dex/etc.. which is helpful to ranged-based skill sets, such as the Shen.

Also, I hit someone for 900 damage today during the dark trafficker event.
    -Cingal

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast