Amazing Spider-Man 2 *SPOILERS*

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

Default Amazing Spider-Man 2 *SPOILERS*

=Spoilers Warning!=

So I went to see Spider-Man 2 last night. Overall, I enjoyed it but I can't really make myself care about the meta-story involving Peter's parents and Oscorp. It seems bit cliche.

I still think the guy playing Peter is too "pretty" and not quite nerdy enough to pull it off properly.

Now, for Gwen's death. I would really have found myself caring a lot more if it wasn't her fault for the most part. Peter tells her at like every point in the movie to stay away but can she listen? Nope. I guess it's also on him as he could have just let her go to England. Still, didn't really get an emotional response.

Also... Why would pre-Rhino Aleksei have been in the vault? It's a prison for superhumans... #nerdrage

What did you think?
    Last edited by Loric; 05-06-2014 at 05:13 PM.

やめてください! Reputation: 296

Well, you gotta keep in mind these movies are based mostly around Ultimate Spider-Man, where Peter Parker isn't as nerdy as his original character.
    And lol, Andrew Garfield isn't pretty. His body is more similar to Spider-Man physique than the overly muscular yet short Toby McGuire.

Was a fun movie, not as good as the first though.

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 141

I found TM to be far prettier than Garfield. I couldn't actually see Toby as spider man in any of the movies. Garfield, on the other hand, looks a lot more like Peter from the comics. He's got that skinnier face and smaller/leaner frame. About him not being nerdy enough; Andrew said this: "And when Stan Lee first wrote and created this character, the outcast was the computer nerd, was the science nerd, was the guy that couldn’t get the girl. Those guys now run the world. So how much of an outcast is that version of Peter Parker anymore?” and he's not incorrect. Being nerdy and geeky has become cool.

Garfield is only signed on for one more movie. They'll either get him to sign a new contract or kill him off and go with the ultimate universe story arc and cast Miles Morales. If they do the later I really hope Donald Glover gets the part.

The whole Gwen thing isn't about her dying but instead about him killing her. His web is what broke her neck. Yeah, I also felt they didn't play it up to be as traumatic as it should have been but that would have been a horrible way to end a movie. (For most people anyway; I would have loved it.)
    # ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.

Super Moderator Reputation: 284
    Coloring eggs in the lost city of Atlantis.

Well, it certainly was a mistake to come into this thread without having seen the movie yet.

Added spoiler tag to title.

Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 163

I enjoyed it for the most part. I think that's more because I don't follow Spiderman as closely as other comics, though. The thing with his parents made me wonder if they'll try to introduce Six-Armed Spiderman somehow, but that's likely just wishful thinking. Mainly I enjoyed the way Electro worked on the big screen. Especially his theme music and cliche one liners.