WildStar OPEN BETA! [8th May 2014]

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 98

Quote Originally Posted by KREVA View Post
    How do the boom boxes work again? If you didn't log in during the closed beta, and then you log in today, you'll get a ton of boom boxes? I remember logging on a couple of weekends ago and I only got 1 boom box. Then I logged in the next day and I didn't get anything.
    You accumulate 3 boom boxes per beta login. This includes beta weekends. If you didn't play any of the beta weekends, but log into Open Beta, you will accumulate your first 3 boxes. These boxes will be given out to players once the game launches on June 3rd I believe. So, no, you won't accumulate all the past boxes. You will only start accumulating 3 per day logged in.
    Playing: World of Warcraft (Kel Thuzad Alliance)

Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 10

there is a character wipe after ob correct?

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by -JK- View Post
    there is a character wipe after ob correct?
    Yes, characters gonna be wiped:

There will be a final character wipe prior to Head Start on May 31st. Any characters created prior to May 31st will be deleted.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 11

I mean i know its my own frustration here that will get the better of me, but so far - the game is an entire fail to the mmo industry....

So far, i had a reallly old good standard account through ncsoft + wildstar (But ncsoft, being one of the most pathetic companies out there) - are seriously ****ing shit up now.

I participated in the first closed beta, without issues (Other that poor fps + performance), which was fine and acceptable.

But now?

Cant login - cant reset password, password recovery doesnt work - sent ticket in hours ago, cant register new email - cant make new password on email, finally got new account made, but wont log into open beta servers - keeps giving me (Network error: connection closed "ip+port")

This game HAD great potential, and so far just isnt delivering to the plate....

The optimization has been a day 1 issue - and is still shitty as ever.

Theres so many placeholders etc *And yes, i realize its OPEN BETA*....

So far, this has just been one disaster to the next for me, and i had extremely high hopes for the game.

But NCsoft/carbine are going to destroy it, and within a few months, the server will have a based fanboi community - slowly wither away into the backlogs of every other disappointing mmo out there that had potential, but was failed by its creator+publishers.

Been trying for 2hours to try get my old account back, nojoy.

Cant post on the new forums because i dont have an account...

Cant post on the forums with new account, because its too new and wont let you post.

LOL what an absolutely disgrace of a setup + company.

/rant over

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 239

Quote Originally Posted by Theotori View Post
    I mean i know its my own frustration here that will get the better of me, but so far - the game is an entire fail to the mmo industry....

So far, i had a reallly old good standard account through ncsoft + wildstar (But ncsoft, being one of the most pathetic companies out there) - are seriously ****ing shit up now.

I participated in the first closed beta, without issues (Other that poor fps + performance), which was fine and acceptable.

But now?

Cant login - cant reset password, password recovery doesnt work - sent ticket in hours ago, cant register new email - cant make new password on email, finally got new account made, but wont log into open beta servers - keeps giving me (Network error: connection closed "ip+port")

This game HAD great potential, and so far just isnt delivering to the plate....

The optimization has been a day 1 issue - and is still shitty as ever.

Theres so many placeholders etc *And yes, i realize its OPEN BETA*....

So far, this has just been one disaster to the next for me, and i had extremely high hopes for the game.

But NCsoft/carbine are going to destroy it, and within a few months, the server will have a based fanboi community - slowly wither away into the backlogs of every other disappointing mmo out there that had potential, but was failed by its creator+publishers.

Been trying for 2hours to try get my old account back, nojoy.

Cant post on the new forums because i dont have an account...

Cant post on the forums with new account, because its too new and wont let you post.

LOL what an absolutely disgrace of a setup + company.

/rant over
    ncsoft has NOTHING to do with wildstar, they're purely hosting the servers. carbine handles everything else, and they have been REALLY good at interacting with the community (check reddit for example)

when i got my account banned for nothing, i sent a ticket to carbine (not ncsoft, they suck) and they fixed it within a few hours without asking for identity etc.

also that login error is purely your router/firewall/pc's fault.
    Last edited by Candyholic; 05-08-2014 at 02:47 PM.

there's a wolf in my heart

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 11

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    ncsoft has NOTHING to do with wildstar, they're purely hosting the servers. carbine handles everything else, and they have been REALLY good at interacting with the community (check reddit for example)

when i got my account banned for nothing, i sent a ticket to carbine (not ncsoft, they suck) and they fixed it within a few hours without asking for identity etc.

also that login error is purely your router/firewall/pc's fault.
    That login has aboslutely nothing to do with my firewall/port or anything like that - thanks for the insight though, its on there end....check the forums + reddit like you says.

And so far, you seem to be the only one whos has any kind of praise + positive feedback on the regards to how its being handled, as most of us on the technical forum, experience the same issues, but that aside.

I finally sorted it, got it working (And can assure you, wasnt my end, was theres), but either way, optimization is still diabolical, 13 fps, 35 with low res.

Terribad!

Weill wait for more optimization.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 239

Quote Originally Posted by Theotori View Post
    That login has aboslutely nothing to do with my firewall/port or anything like that - thanks for the insight though, its on there end....check the forums + reddit like you says.

And so far, you seem to be the only one whos has any kind of praise + positive feedback on the regards to how its being handled, as most of us on the technical forum, experience the same issues, but that aside.

I finally sorted it, got it working (And can assure you, wasnt my end, was theres), but either way, optimization is still diabolical, 13 fps, 35 with low res.

Terribad!

Weill wait for more optimization.
    what are your specs?
    a lot of people are reporting huge gains since last patch (i never had any problems to begin with).

i'm the only one? lol carbine is being praised by everyone pretty much, they're awesome.

there's a wolf in my heart

Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 163

I hadn't played since one of the earlier weekend betas, so this is a definite step up for me. Got a little account issue fixed in a couple hours, got in and have my fps at 40 for once. Yay Wildstar. <3

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 91

I'm.......extremely unimpressed. I don't know, what killed it for me I think was the character customization. It's just horrid as all hell. Extremely limited, hell I've played F2P games with better customization. Everything just feels so.......bland.

The visuals really aren't very impressive either.

I guess if I had to say a positive is........I guess I like the aurin run animation...and the humor is all right?

I don't know, I'm just not seeing a subscription fee here. More power to you all if you like it, I just don't.
    Last edited by Akeras; 05-09-2014 at 03:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cingal View Post
    Generally, if the game has characters which would put you on an FBI watchlist, you're playing an Asian game.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 447

Is there a key giveaway where i can get one ? I wanna try it before it goes P2p then il just quit and wait till they make it free .

EDIT

Thank you for the key Elegance

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast