WildStar OPEN BETA! [8th May 2014]

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 0

anyone playing at eu server having connection closed error?
    kept getting stuck trying to enter game at charc screen.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 278

Quote Originally Posted by Akeras View Post
    I'm.......extremely unimpressed. I don't know, what killed it for me I think was the character customization. It's just horrid as all hell. Extremely limited, hell I've played F2P games with better customization. Everything just feels so.......bland.

The visuals really aren't very impressive either.

I guess if I had to say a positive is........I guess I like the aurin run animation...and the humor is all right?

I don't know, I'm just not seeing a subscription fee here. More power to you all if you like it, I just don't.
    game really opens up past 15, it's VERY focused on warplots and dungeons/raiding, it's extremely well done.
    the questing is horribly bland and uninspired, but atleast they haven't released the main story so that might be well made, because the foundation for a good story is definitely there.

yes, the customization is poor, but they're working on it + working on every race having access to every class.
    also the visuals are gorgeous and looks a lot better than that other recent game

Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 253

Quote Originally Posted by nisca View Post
    But you get 3 boom boxxes everyday you log in the obt Kreva.

I wanna keep it fresh to but i will log in everyday
    No you get 3 boxes at launch, which you can use once a day. So you won't be getting them till the official launch.

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/ne...star-boom-box/

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 98

Quote Originally Posted by HamsterMascot View Post
    No you get 3 boxes at launch, which you can use once a day. So you won't be getting them till the official launch.

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/ne...star-boom-box/
    For each day players log in
    I'm not sure if you assumed only 3 total, but you acquire 3 every day you log into the beta. These boxes will, however, only be given once the game launches, and apparently you can only open 1 or 3? every 22-24 hours or something close to that.
    Playing: World of Warcraft (Area 52 Horde)

Waiting for:

GTA 5 PC (Pre-Ordered)
    Everquest Next

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 88

I'm just logging on and off every day to collect my boom boxes on release.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 46

well, decided to play as an Engineer in OB. Got to level 8 yesterday and some initial views on the bots. First, unlike some of the people on the official forums, I do find them useful right now. Blitz + Arty bot AoE + shotguns and lightning is awesome, and Blitz itself is great for taking the heat off me when fighting mini-bosses. However, I definitely agree that they need an AI upgrade, at least with bruiser bot. It will absolutely not close in to attack any enemies that get out of range of it, so I have to fling it with Blitz when I want it to be useful. They also really, really need to add behavior stances (aggressive, defensive, passive), cause right now there's just attack, stop, and go to, and it becomes a pain when I just want to rush back to the quest hub for turn-ins. Finally, and another definite agree, is a Dismiss option.

tl;dr: If you treat the bots like abilities on legs, they're fine. Otherwise, they're dismal pets right now outside of their abilities.

Bot problems aside, liking the Engy so far.
    Last edited by Jerov; 05-09-2014 at 01:58 PM.
    Messing around.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 91

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    game really opens up past 15, it's VERY focused on warplots and dungeons/raiding, it's extremely well done.
    the questing is horribly bland and uninspired, but atleast they haven't released the main story so that might be well made, because the foundation for a good story is definitely there.

yes, the customization is poor, but they're working on it + working on every race having access to every class.
    also the visuals are gorgeous and looks a lot better than that other recent game
    Meh, it just doesn't hook me. Even Tera hooked me more, and I only played that for less then 2 days before I got bored. Everything just feels so meh to me.

And honestly I found the visuals rather ugly, maybe it's I'm just not fond of the art style or something but visually games like GW2 and FF14 still look far superior to me by a massive degree.

Quote Originally Posted by freakoi View Post
    anyone playing at eu server having connection closed error?
    kept getting stuck trying to enter game at charc screen.
    I got that also, I never really found a solution but eventually resolved itself. I imagine it's something to do with the key not being active right away.
    Last edited by Akeras; 05-09-2014 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cingal View Post
    Generally, if the game has characters which would put you on an FBI watchlist, you're playing an Asian game.

Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 22

I'm glad I gave this game another try. I use to be part of full time testing and didn't feel the game was worth my time back when testing first began. I'm pretty impressed as to how much the game has been polished since then. Also, Engineer (which wasn't a class back in the day), is pretty dang fun!

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 447

Really boring game >.< . Literally fell asleep while playing .

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 278

Quote Originally Posted by Seya View Post
    Really boring game >.< . Literally fell asleep while playing .
    the tutorial/questing before dungeons can do that to you.
    they've focused so much on the end-game that the part leading up to it is ok at best once you get to ~20.

Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast