WildStar OPEN BETA! [8th May 2014]

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Insert Forgotten Title here Reputation: 131

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyPW View Post
    I'm feeling the vibe that the epic marketing for this game might have put expectations through the roof and people getting into the game for the first time are expecting to get floored instantly. Not sure if it's a good or bad thing for the game honestly. Still hasn't gotten my stoner friends to download the title so I guess it's not enough hype for some haha.
    It's not even that. There are several vanilla WoW developers here, and it shows in the overall earlygame presentation. It all just feels very hollow in comparison to something like, say, FFXIV:ARR's questing. There, you have decent writing to help offset the samey-quests, bears will always drop their asses, and when it's a "Kill X amount of Y" quest, it's typically a rather small amount(Unless we're talking endgame content, at which point I shut off my brain and started drinking.).

The first twenty levels are the most important for player retention, hence why WoW allows free play up until level 20. If you haven't hooked somebody by then, you probably won't. Telling them "It gets good at level X" is a sign that something isn't working and should be fixed.

[19:45] ♥Moloko Lynx♥: Flight sims would even suit you, Riz. You seem to have the sensibilities of an old man.
    Member since May 8, 2004.

General Manager Reputation: 353

Quote Originally Posted by Miiksu View Post
    It feels like Allods with mixed some other games in it. Dizzy trying does not hurt much...
    Don't have to tell me. I'm all in. It's just getting my old gaming buddies to break from their LoL habit that's next to impossible.

@Lefos I enjoy the early content of this game. I'm a goofball that digs their humor though and the randomness of the special events and the Explorer only paths are seemingly designed to send a gamer of my taste into massive ADD seizures. But seemingly I'm in the minority on that. At least based on opinion on these forums.
    Last edited by DizzyPW; 05-13-2014 at 03:35 AM.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Innovation is now having games play themselves? I don't want to live on this planet anymore. - Blackomen

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Elsword
    History: FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 31

Quote Originally Posted by Lefos View Post
    The first twenty levels are the most important for player retention, hence why WoW allows free play up until level 20. If you haven't hooked somebody by then, you probably won't. Telling them "It gets good at level X" is a sign that something isn't working and should be fixed.
    Yeah.. I played a little bit in the closed beta but didn't get very far, it was pretty boring. Maybe they'll do something about the early levels.. I'll just wait and see what happens.
    Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/daeoc
    Come and stop by sometime, I stream mainly JRPGs, WRPGs, Shooters, Horror, MMOs, and MOBAs. Currently, the focus is on JRPGs with a mixed bag of everything else.

FabianN's Fanatic Reputation: 70

Quote Originally Posted by Cripstar View Post
    Maybe they'll do something about the early levels.
    Unlikely from what I've seen from patch notes / etc.

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EQ Next, FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior Saving For: An Epic Computer / PS Vita

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 7

I'm really enjoying this game so far to be honest, my highest level character is 15.

I'm going to save going beyond Level 15 for the full release
    Currently working on Eitr, an Action Adventure RPG. [Video]

Quote Originally Posted by Derity View Post
    I'm really enjoying this game so far to be honest, my highest level character is 15.

I'm going to save going beyond Level 15 for the full release
    Pretty sure "Open Beta" Characters will all be wiped, since they are all from closed beta / alpha as well.

Waiting On: EQ Next, FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior Saving For: An Epic Computer / PS Vita

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 88

Apparently, I'm not the only one that is having patching problems. I'm at work right now but all day yesterday, I couldn't patch my client, so I missed my daily log-in for my boom boxes. Anyone else having patching issues?

Quote Originally Posted by KREVA View Post
    Apparently, I'm not the only one that is having patching problems. I'm at work right now but all day yesterday, I couldn't patch my client, so I missed my daily log-in for my boom boxes. Anyone else having patching issues?
    I canceled my pre-order actually, and uninstalled. I prefer FFXIV and a television over Wildstar.

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 98

Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    I canceled my pre-order actually, and uninstalled. I prefer FFXIV and a television over Wildstar.
    No. One. Cares. This is a Wildstar thread, and the guy was asking a Wildstar question. Get off the thread if you don't want to to contribute.
    Waiting for:

GTA 5 PC (Pre-Ordered)
    Everquest Next
    [/b]

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 288

Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    yeah because ffxiv is so dull you need a second entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast