MOBA Fans, check out this Shaper/Champion/Hero

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marineking's Minion Reputation: 88

Played the game and became like one of the best support players in the game. Probably top 3 and I was in the top 10 in the leaderboards. Fell off because I ended up quitting and I got tired of sitting in queue for 45+ minutes, then queuing into the same people in the top 10, and when you premade, it was into the same groups. Because of that, game got REALLY stale. I was also one of the players who innovated Kel into the support meta. I used to play with TulceRay, 50Shades, MianheDang, etc.

And I saw the leaderboard and I have no idea how SheebsLoL is 2nd when he's really bad at Dawngate. I had him on farm for like 20 straight games when I was sniping him once.

As for the Shaper, it is a less innovative Empath from HoN, so I agree with Candy.

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 168

Quote Originally Posted by KREVA View Post
    Played the game and became like one of the best support players in the game. Probably top 3 and I was in the top 10 in the leaderboards. Fell off because I ended up quitting and I got tired of sitting in queue for 45+ minutes, then queuing into the same people in the top 10, and when you premade, it was into the same groups. Because of that, game got REALLY stale. I was also one of the players who innovated Kel into the support meta. I used to play with TulceRay, 50Shades, MianheDang, etc.

And I saw the leaderboard and I have no idea how SheebsLoL is 2nd when he's really bad at Dawngate. I had him on farm for like 20 straight games when I was sniping him once.

As for the Shaper, it is a less innovative Empath from HoN, so I agree with Candy.
    I've done all the same KREVA. Lane Freia main, I have played with everyone on the Mumble, I have beat the top players and I have sniped Sheebs several times and beaten him everytime in Oldgate. But SheebsLoL plays all day every day, he has gotten very good at the game now, and I doubt you'd still be able to beat him. Especially if he's with his team, they're pretty good right now.

Dawngate has gone through major changes. The entire game feels new and fresh. I call it Newgate now. Spiritwells, parasite battles, all the items, guardian battles are all different innovative and fun. Different from how they were before in the closed beta.

Spiritwells actually effect the global gold and economy now. They unluck much later into the game. But going there earlier and clearing workers actually help your team.

Bindings do not respawn, and killing them does not spawn striders. You need to battle for the parasite in order to get striders. More bindings means that these temporary striders have more abilities and power.

Guardian battle has you to take out all the cores before you can take on the guardian. Each of the cores has the powers that the guardian can use against you and your team. So coordinating to take out certain cores first can help your team.

The new items are amazing. They allow you a lot of flexibility, and there are no cookie cutter builds at the moment. So if you enjoy theory crafting, right now Dawngate is your game. Passives do amazing things to battles, and you really need to keep your eye on your opponents to win.

SoloQ queues are really short right now. DG used to be known as Queuegate while it was in CLOSED beta. Right now Dawngate is in Community Beta where anyone can sign up and play. The queues are quick and fun.

Everything has changed, even the menu and patcher. I'm really enjoying it, I get way too stressed after playing a few matches of LoL, so DG is certainly a relief.

Also, not everybody likes DOTA2. I honestly think DOTA2 is the worse out of the bunch. Extremely boring to watch. Very boring to play. Animations are lame and lackluster. Maps are boring. I like how everyone is on a equal footing, no unlocking and what not. But all the shit you need to know to play at a high level in this game actually takes away from the fun you have with it.
    This is why there is no Big thread of DOTA2 on the forums like League of Legends. Because even watching the eSports is boring as hell. LoL has the All Stars right now, and it's actually entertaining and understandable for everyone.
    Me, Me, Me, GF |&| Me! D;!

Playing Dawngate, LoL, and DFO

You can join my Minitroopers army!

Don't you dare quote me!

Don't you dare Rep me neither!

I don't want your petty influences upon my soul!

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 288

Quote Originally Posted by KREVA View Post

lol, you couldn't even breach 1500 in hon how did you become top support player

Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

Rock Man Reputation: 14

For people who know DotA though, watching pro-DotA is just so much more exciting, and I say this as someone who has also played a year or so of League (casually with friends) at an okayish level. DotA is just harder to get into, but tbh I don't know of anyone who was good at DotA and then preferred League based on gameplay alone. The only exception I know of is probably TPA.Chawy

I kinda get what you mean by League being more 'fun', but DotA gives you more of an adrenaline rush. I don't know how to say this, but PvP in certain games just give you more of an adrenaline rush.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 16

dawngate doesn't feel that different tbh - the animations are lackluster in dawngate not dota - all the animations in dawngate lack weight or oomph to them compared to the other mobas. i personally enjoy the art in dawngate the most but it lacks way too many things right now - all the skills look lame pathing is kinda stupid at times not a large hero pool

people watch tournaments because they enjoy competitive play and themselves know the basic mechanics and stuff like that - if you want to enjoy a stream not knowing anything go watch a non-pro streamer

everygame has cookiecutter builds regardless - if you are a support you will get a pestilence and devotion for your carry if you are a carry you'd get X items to maximize damage

i've watch all the streams and i agree watching dota for me is the most enjoyable - teams are really efficient there are so many strategies you can pull off and yea.

Rock Man Reputation: 18

Quote Originally Posted by Cfuson2012 View Post
    There are only going to be 3 big moba games in the next few years, league of legends (popularity), Dota 2 (Fan base / Fan Service) and Heroes of the Storm (Like it or not its blizzard and blizzard games do well).

Dawngate, Infinite Crisis, Strife and other moba games combined will never get more then 10% of the market share.
    You mean:

1. League of Legends
    2. Dota 2
    3. SMITE

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 88

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    lol, you couldn't even breach 1500 in hon how did you become top support player
    I became a top support player in DG because I actually tried. HoN was more of a game to have fun with my cousin and some friends irl and never took the game seriously. I actually liked DG. I learned all of the roles, learned all of the timers, came up with multiple strategies, and basically became the Lemonnation of my team, while I had FatSeaTurtle, who was a top jungler player at the time, make the calls, while keep track of jungle timers, parasite. My lane partner was a D1 League player named MikellaOnly who was the hyper carry of the team and we had the most amazing synergy, that it was almost impossible for us to lose lane.

Once tournaments for DG started to come out, I pretty much slaved away to learn the game more, shaper picks/counters. People started to take notice of me and even the devs started adding me on Dawngate to play games and I would carry. There's just a lot of shit that I did and I was VERY good at the game. I was the reason why the meta was changing a lot during the "Oldgate". People say that DG is easy and it is to an extent. It doesn't have the micro like DOTA, but it does require A LOT of strategy.

Those were great days but I don't see myself going back.

Last edited by KREVA; 05-09-2014 at 11:18 AM.

Rock Man Reputation: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Retto View Post
    That looks like LoL with worse graphics.
    my brain just bled...

I mean, I understand people saying that it looks like LoL, cause it kinda does, but to say it has worse graphics is just dumb. Every model, every spell effect in that game looks better and a lot more detailed than in lol.
    Last edited by goawaybeavis; 05-09-2014 at 12:36 PM.

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by goawaybeavis View Post
    my brain just bled...

I mean, I understand people saying that it looks like LoL, cause it kinda does, but to say it has worse graphics is just dumb. Every model, every spell effect in that game looks better and a lot more detailed than in lol.
    No my brain just bled, read what you wrote lol.

Rock Man Reputation: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Cfuson2012 View Post
    No my brain just bled, read what you wrote lol.
    I wrote that DG has better graphics than LoL, which is a fact, unless you're blind or delusional

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast