R9 295x2 or nah?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 384

Quote Originally Posted by HamsterMascot View Post
    Leaving this out here for you kids to realize how pointless 4k is for PC gaming.
    http://www.tweaktown.com/news/27710/...are/index.html
    YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Not to forget that if you use a 28inch screen it makes it even more useless. You sit really close to it. If you sit like 20meters away from your screen it might look amazing, but it won't really make that much of a difference between 1080p and 4k when you're not even 1-2meters away. People should quit following the logic: "If it has a higher number it's bound to be much better and I should get it!"
    This isn't always true. Right off the bat you can tell a big difference between gaming on 1080P vs 1440. More real estate, much clearer image and it's not stretched out. Honestly 4k at 28" is over kill but worth it in my opinion.

Nick is a wanker. Reputation: 605

Quote Originally Posted by darkness35 View Post
    Outside of 4k monitors, if you want to future-proof your rig then maybe? I'm not sure why it necessarily has to be the R9 295
    Future-proof would be around 3 to 4 years with most top of the line single GPU. Since the 295 x2 is CF on a stick it probably won't do good over 3 years if the game doesn't support CF properly.

[My Anime List] | [last.fm] | [xfire] | [Steam]
    Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    i have no clue as to what a paragraph is

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 253

Quote Originally Posted by TreyTrey12 View Post
    This isn't always true. Right off the bat you can tell a big difference between gaming on 1080P vs 1440. More real estate, much clearer image and it's not stretched out. Honestly 4k at 28" is over kill but worth it in my opinion.
    That's because 1440p stretches out the image more in the width, while 1080p does it more in the height. 1080p and 4k basicly stretches out in the same way, which means that the difference is non-existent at close range.

Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 93

Quote Originally Posted by SnOwBunZz View Post
    Future-proof would be around 3 to 4 years with most top of the line single GPU. Since the 295 x2 is CF on a stick it probably won't do good over 3 years if the game doesn't support CF properly.
    That.. would be a big reason why I would be against this now that you mention it...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12