R9 295x2 or nah?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 382

Default R9 295x2 or nah?

Thinking about getting this, worth it?
    We talked about love and what life could really be for me. When that sh-..is real you just know.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 195

In a game or multimedia PC it's completely useless.

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 141

Quote Originally Posted by HamsterMascot View Post
    In a game or multimedia PC it's completely useless.
    Maybe at 1080p, but with 4K monitors now reaching the affordable range; you're going to need all the GPU powa you can muster.

# ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.

Quote Originally Posted by Phanein View Post
    Maybe at 1080p, but with 4K monitors now reaching the affordable range; you're going to need all the GPU powa you can muster.

4K is still useless anyway. It might be "nice", but it doesn't give any extra worth if you aren't using a screen bigger then 40 inch. 1080p is clearly enough for PC monitors up to that size, cause it will still look stunning.

4K is still useless anyway. It might be "nice", but it doesn't give any extra worth if you aren't using a screen bigger then 40 inch. 1080p is clearly enough for PC monitors up to that size, cause it will still look stunning.
    Just sayin', Hambro, because we don't know what TreyTrey's setup looks like. I would also say that anything over 27" (30" at the highest) should be, at least, 1440p.
    # ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.

Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 382

I plan to buy a 4k 28" monitor, they're really cheap at the moment, even though they're generally tn panels. The Samsung one is looking real nice as well.
    We talked about love and what life could really be for me. When that sh-..is real you just know.

Quote Originally Posted by TreyTrey12 View Post
    I plan to buy a 4k 28" monitor, they're really cheap at the moment, even though they're generally tn panels. The Samsung one is looking real nice as well.
    The UD590? I'm thinking about picking that beautiful screen up too; 1MS response time, a billion colours, and 4K resolution. All for under $700 USD. I would definitely recommend the R9 295x2 then.
    Last edited by Phanein; 05-09-2014 at 01:05 PM.

Leaving this out here for you kids to realize how pointless 4k is for PC gaming.
    http://www.tweaktown.com/news/27710/...are/index.html
    YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Not to forget that if you use a 28inch screen it makes it even more useless. You sit really close to it. If you sit like 20meters away from your screen it might look amazing, but it won't really make that much of a difference between 1080p and 4k when you're not even 1-2meters away. People should quit following the logic: "If it has a higher number it's bound to be much better and I should get it!"

Leaving this out here for you kids to realize how pointless 4k is for PC gaming.
    You forgot to shake your cane and yell "Get off my lawn!"

Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 93

Outside of 4k monitors, if you want to future-proof your rig then maybe? I'm not sure why it necessarily has to be the R9 295

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast