DarkAges?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    42 Reputation: 35

Default DarkAges?

Anyone play DarkAges anymore? Just started playing, a lot more difficult than your average MMO we have these days and obviously quite dated but I'm having a lot of fun. I wasn't sure if anyone here played anymore or if anyone would be interested?
    Currently Playing: Emil Chronicle
    Let me know if you wanna play too!

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 72

nobody here actually played that for long because it's outdated and not populated lol

the korean version is still alive with like 10000 players it was pretty fun getting leeched to lv.100s in a flash

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Oh man, this is such a great game. If there was some way to increase the US player base, the game would actually be fun to play again.

I would be so down to play again if there were more people.. but how to get more people on..?
    KRU should sell DA to Blizzard <3

Quote Originally Posted by herocks View Post
    Oh man, this is such a great game. If there was some way to increase the US player base, the game would actually be fun to play again.

I would be so down to play again if there were more people.. but how to get more people on..?
    KRU should sell DA to Blizzard <3
    The playerbase isn't huge but there is always people on (except when I'm on at like 5am EST). I've found it quite fun and a lot more interesting than most of the garbage being put out lately.

75 PLAYERS ON 7-8 AM IS ACTUALLY ALOT i thought they had less, atleast they have at least 65 more players than bones underground (aka endless online)
    Last edited by Ryukiri; 05-26-2014 at 01:16 PM.

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Links? Videos? INFO?!?!?!?!
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

www.darkages.com

old video but still helps i guess
    YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

better gameplay video
    YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

things to know is the game could be a little confusing if you dont pay attention.

Warrior uses long swords, are bulky so yeah tank role in party hunting

Monk is obviously a fist to fist combat class, has a few magic spells can learn herbalism and other crafts
    Rogue is like a ninja with traps, throwing daggers, stars can pick treasure chests but need keys, can tailor hairstyle, smith. they are more of a trap setting class than a direct combat class

Priest yay the typical healer and buffer, can create revival potions. religious consecration, social powers (not so sure about this)
    http://www.darkages.com/gameplay/community.html

Wizard, probably the only class with ranged magic attack can research and enchant items, low defense and must specialize attributes carefully.

to cast magic on targets you click them and have them highlighted (also need to not be so far away from them) on the tutorial if you do get to the wizards house (north west house left door), you learn srad tut which can only be used at the forest with bunnies which is north east from the map you're in. the right door has an npc that gives you a quest to kill 1 brown bunny and 1 white bunny for 600 gold, there is a building at the east which has a merchant, he is the one that suggests you to talk to the npc that gives you 600 gold but i dont think you interact with him at all, you can pretty much skip the tutorial but i think you might want to atleast kill the bunnies for gold and perhaps speak with that old man in the center of the map before you leave the tutorial.

the temple is also located south east from where you are but i think you go there at around lv.10 unless you want things the hard way, so first you talk to the old man in a training building located west from the inn you start in and do the quest, i just started so i dont know much lol

http://da-wizard.com/ is a good guide site, just so you know wizard is probably one of the nicest class to play here with all them range spells

found a mentor with nice wings

almost lunch time in america right and it has this many

Pravat cave has decent ammount of players chilling and chatting, it was a pretty unique experiance, i didn't expect this much players playing because the forums be like "oh this game is so dead and unactive" so i believed it but apparently i was wrong to believe the fan forums, it's just a few of them are tired of the game so they complain on their fan forums yep.

ps. got a hat and a dress and some nice green boots yippe, im all so excited and so happy i gave this game another chance

to whisper to people you press shift and " then type in username and press enter then talk, it was confusing for me at first lol
    Last edited by Ryukiri; 05-26-2014 at 03:26 PM.

Nick is a wanker. Reputation: 582

If I'm not mistaken, the trial of this game started my MMO life. lol

I got lost on some beach on the 3rd day of playing and I just gave up. :/ It's not like I could pay for it anyways.

[My Anime List] | [last.fm] | [xfire] | [Steam]
    Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    i have no clue as to what a paragraph is

500+ Posts???? Reputation: 17

Yeah, I spent many days on trials for this game... If it were more populated i'd be tempted to play again

Quote Originally Posted by SnOwBunZz View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, the trial of this game started my MMO life. lol

I got lost on some beach on the 3rd day of playing and I just gave up. :/ It's not like I could pay for it anyways.
    There isn't a "trial" anymore and the paid features don't make or break the game. The download is quite small, you should try it out again. Everyone is very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by tyjeff9 View Post
    Yeah, I spent many days on trials for this game... If it were more populated i'd be tempted to play again
    The population isn't massive but to be honest I run into people constantly in every area and in the main areas there are always groups of people chatting. The game is quite different than anything currently "popular", as stated above, the download is quite small. It is worth taking a look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryukiri View Post
    ps. got a hat and a dress and some nice green boots yippe, im all so excited and so happy i gave this game another chance
    You are playing!? I'll have to get on after work!
    Last edited by couponfork; 05-26-2014 at 05:32 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast