Real time strategy?

Heads or Tails Reputation: 12

Default Real time strategy?

Are there any games anyone knows of that re-invent the way strategy games are played?

I liked how assassins creed 2 (i think it was) allowed you to have your own little town you could build up, but it was still an rpg/adventure game.
    I liked how mount and blade had the strategy elements of siege and building up your force.

Are there any games like this that you guys know of that aren't necesserily strategy games, more like a first person with a strong focus on the strategy part. Building up your kingdom/army, upgrading structures, expanding lands?
    Playing: Mount and Blade - Native expansion

Waiting for: Star wars the old republic

Ride em’ Yoshi Reputation: 16

I would suggest you check out the following:

Shores of Hazeron
    Eve online
    Perpetuum
    Ascent - TheSpaceGame
    Face of Mankind
    Wurm Online
    Haven and Hearth
    The Repopulation (Alpha)
    Last edited by Tyrias; 05-14-2014 at 11:29 PM.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I don't know.

42 Reputation: 19

Play a game from the Men of War series if you haven't before. They're pretty much unlike any other RTS you'll have ever played and do everything that I ever could have dreamed a moderately scaled tactical game to do.

Of course that means that they're so ambitious there's a bit of jank along with the Eastern European flavor, and the games in the series that were contracted out to other devs are pretty much broken junk, but I still love them for succeeding at being so unique and I can't really think of anyone else trying to best them by trying to do something similar.

The Undead Reputation: 448

you might be interested in this:

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 72

Forge of Empire - where you build your empire and recruit soldiers to fight and conquer lands
    http://en.forgeofempires.com

•Eras : Beginning in the Stone Age, you research building types and technologies in order to advance to the next era with your settlement.
    •Single-player campaign : In a full-blown campaign you can build a thriving city and become the ruler of an entire continent.
    •Research : Explore the greatest achievements of mankind and gain access to more advanced units, rare goods and spectacular buildings.
    •City planning : Lead your city through various epochs in the history of mankind. Create unique buildings that make your city look impressive.
    •Battle : Fight exciting battles and win the day with the help of the specialized capabilities of your forces and the nature of the terrain.
    •PvP : Challenge friends and adversaries to a duel on the battlefield and use your tactical skills to teach them a lesson.

Last edited by Ryukiri; 05-22-2014 at 05:01 AM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

As far as REAL TIME strategy is concerned, Starcraft will always remain my favorite.

Though if we are stretching it, I'd say Rollercoaster Tycoon, because it has some serious real time pressure and it requires a lot of strategy to win a scenario (and of course it's unique).

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Air Mech, Majesty 2. I'm also eager for Age of Wonders 3.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Try Rage of 3 kingdoms game on r3k.gamernizer.com. It is a top strategy browser game and this good game to paly online.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

I'm planning to play Viva Piñata.

Star Drive might look interesting to people who didn't play strategy games in the early 90s.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.