Dungeon Fighter Online coming back?!

Page 28 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

Hey, can someone explain to me how to launch the game if you downloaded the Zip archive from Dropbox/Google Drive posted earlier? I logged into the site but it's just trying to make me re-download the game.

Lives in City of Zeroes Reputation: 106

While I normally hate stamina systems in games, I am really happy to see it back in DFO, largely because it exists in this game primarily as a way to encourage people to play together when they have stamina and to do non-stamina stuff and/or go on alts when they don't; stamina systems in other games largely tend to be terrible because they are deliberately overly limiting for the sake of encouraging people to buy stamina potions from the cash shop.

Nexon dropped the ball on DFO in multiple ways (replacing gachapon with extremely overpriced permanent avatars, rushing out updates to play 'catch up' and then doing nothing, making extremely small efforts to stop gold selling, etc), but I still feel like the way they handled the stamina system was the main thing that killed their version of DFO. Simply removing the stamina system was a move which on its own hurt DFO; it decreased the incentive to party play (going into dungeons solo and dying instead of getting the nice exp boost from completing a dungeon didn't matter much since DFO's standard death penalty is pretty minor), it certainly decreased the incentive to do PvP, and it aided burnout by allowing players to stick to the same character doing the same dungeons for hours upon hours on end. However, by not only eliminating stamina, but by also outright replacing it with 'blitz' they actively encouraged players to stick to a single character and to PvE content and it let players soar to the upper levels even when there was barely any content; DFO is pretty generous with its stamina bar, but it likely has so many non-stamina dungeons, so many PvP arenas, and so many difference class specifically because its creators did not want players doing exactly what the blitz system encouraged - sticking to the standard dungeons on a single character with the sole intent of hitting the cap. Of course, Nexon decided near the end of DFO's lifespan to (sort of) bring stamina back after well over a year of blitz and then to backtrack again almost instantly with a revamped, confusing blitz system (I seriously can't even remember how it worked, I think it was that it was still blitz but *also* essentially a very big stamina bar?) didn't exactly help.

So, here's hoping to a community that actually acts like a community and works through PvE together, non-dead PvP, a reasonably priced and fair cash shop, and at least some noticeable amount of attention given towards combating hackers and gold sellers. Also, I am far happier than any person should be to once again be able to play the auction house as an alchemist and gradually grow a fortune upon transmuted red cubes (seriously, near the end of DFO's lifespan I spent more time buying other cubes and reselling them for slightly higher as red cubes than I did anything else).

Murxidon's Maid Reputation: 92

Yeah, there will definitely be a wipe; they're putting out "good" ADV avatars out for 100k each and skeletons keys out for 10k each. There HAS to be a wipe. But yeah it would be nice if there were some kind of confirmation from Neople

Phantom's Freak Reputation: 61

Have they already said when the alpha beta ends?

Taking a break for now game is freaking addicting lol.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

The reason I don't really like the Fatigue system is that I always have to go out of town on the weekends. So if my friends get ahead of me, they STAY ahead of me by simply just playing 3 hours a day. Plus, I really don't like making alts. I like sticking to one character so I can master it. Also, while it is nice that the fatigue keeps neckbeards from hitting level cap within 3 days, its also puts less items on the market. Having level 15 purples cost 500k again is going suck.

Murxidon's Maid Reputation: 92

I want to get on and grind, but I don't want to do it again later after the wipe. What to do..

Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Klaime View Post
    Yeah, there will definitely be a wipe; they're putting out "good" ADV avatars out for 100k each and skeletons keys out for 10k each. There HAS to be a wipe. But yeah it would be nice if there were some kind of confirmation from Neople
    I don't recall any alpha that hasn't had a wipe.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 46

I think the way the blitz system went was like, the first two versions you had multiple fatigue bars. Each bar you burned up you went up a "stage", which meant your equips degraded at a faster rate. In the first version, you also got more xp at each stage. In the second one, you got nothing. Eventually, running got too expensive and you'd stop for the day. The last version of the blitz thing I remember was the glorified fatigue bar one, where once you ran out of FP, you could still run dungeons, but you got no xp and no drops (except for quest-related items).

also, I ultimately plan to stop at Bwanga's camp. Just wanna beat up Bwanga on King Road before alpha is over.
    Messing around.

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 11

Quote Originally Posted by Jerov View Post
    I think the way the blitz system went was like, the first two versions you had multiple fatigue bars. Each bar you burned up you went up a "stage", which meant your equips degraded at a faster rate. In the first version, you also got more xp at each stage. In the second one, you got nothing. Eventually, running got too expensive and you'd stop for the day. The last version of the blitz thing I remember was the glorified fatigue bar one, where once you ran out of FP, you could still run dungeons, but you got no xp and no drops (except for quest-related items).

also, I ultimately plan to stop at Bwanga's camp. Just wanna beat up Bwanga on King Road before alpha is over.
    Nope, you actually get MORE exp the more Blitz you burn:

Old System - no longer used.

The player starts with 156 fatigue points, and upon entering a room in a dungeon, will lose one of them. If the player goes back to a previous room they have been in, the player will not lose any fatigue points. After all 156 fatigue points are used, players can't enter any dungeons until 6:00 AM PST the next day (server time), they cannot be healed like frustration points. However, if the player runs out of fatigue points while in a dungeon, then they will still be able to complete the dungeon. This, however, was removed and was replaced by blitz points.
    Starting with the "Rebirth" update, the "Fatigue Points" was replaced by "Blitz Points". "Blitz Points" initially allowed players to play for an unlimited period of time and experience at the price of increased weapon/armor damage. There were stages. The first stage with 200 "Blitz Points" was normal experience and weapon/armor damage. Second to fifth each had 50 "Blitz Points" for every new stage reached, the more experience the player earns, and the faster their weapon/armor would be damaged.
    In April 2012 the fatigue system was changed again. Characters would begin with 200 Blitz points which would function as the first stage listed above. Upon exhaustion of those 200 points, a character would be flagged as "Blitz Stage OFF", would receive bonus experience, but the penalty was changed from increased weapon/armor damage to a 0% drop rate on money and any non-quest specific items. This penalty also applied a drop rate reduction to the entire party in a group situation(though not a full removal of drops) if any member was in "Blitz Stage OFF" status.
    As of the Season II(Revolution) update, June 2012, the initial Blitz point allotment was increased to 400 points.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeon...Fatigue_Points

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 28

Most likely there is going to be a closed beta. So to grind hard now would kind of be a waste....but so what I'm happy just being able to play lol.

Page 28 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast