Dungeon Fighter Online coming back?!

Page 41 of 68 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 22

So is this available for everyone to play right now?

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 48

Quote Originally Posted by Leafninja View Post
    Yes

/10char

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 15

Quote Originally Posted by Leafninja View Post
    only alpha though , a guy said GM announced that alpha ends on 22nd , whether it's true or not we'll see

やめてください! Reputation: 296

Quote Originally Posted by Lexaz View Post
    only alpha though , a guy said GM announced that alpha ends on 22nd , whether it's true or not we'll see
    Pretty sure that's just the end of the rare avatar event they are holding right now. But I hope it also marks the end of alpha; speed things up for full release.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 46

Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
    Pretty sure that's just the end of the rare avatar event they are holding right now. But I hope it also marks the end of alpha; speed things up for full release.
    honestly I can believe it also being the end of alpha. 21st would be one whole week of alpha, people are already starting to drop DFO in anticipation of the wipe, and it would be a great way of announcing the next beta phase IF they decide to so.
    Messing around.

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 20

i guess nexon shutting DFO down was about contract with the developer maybe they were asking something more , because i dont think the problem was players .

やめてください! Reputation: 296

Quote Originally Posted by Narog View Post
    i guess nexon shutting DFO down was about contract with the developer maybe they were asking something more , because i dont think the problem was players .
    I'm starting to believe the reason was that Nexon only had the license for US/Canada, if the developer group hosts it, they can host a global version instead. The global player base is big yes, but not large enough to be separated into individual servers.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 231

Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
    I'm starting to believe the reason was that Nexon only had the license for US/Canada, if the developer group hosts it, they can host a global version instead. The global player base is big yes, but not large enough to be separated into individual servers.
    they shut down because they ruined the game, lol.
    no care for hackers, gold sellers, botters etc.

also no reason to split the servers at all, latency is not an issue if you bother to name your rooms correctly.
    Last edited by Candyholic; 05-20-2014 at 07:42 PM.

there's a wolf in my heart

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 83

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    they shut down because they ruined the game, lol.
    no care for hackers, gold sellers, botters etc.

also no reason to split the servers at all, latency is not an issue if you bother to name your rooms correctly.
    Entirely this. Just as bad as the lack of care was the cropping up of sometimes detrimental bugs with nearly every major patch that could go on for months without fixing. And what I'd consider the final kicker, the 2 month period of a leaked database of Nexon accounts that resulted in insane numbers of players having their accounts cleaned out. After those 2 months of daily slaughter, they finally release an announcement about it and tell people to change their passwords. You could write a book about how bad they ****ed up starting from day 1.

I've actually been pretty surprised at how okay-ish lag has been overall so far considering the worldwide availability. This type of game using p2p connections will always have some lag issues sometimes, but you just have to work around them.

There's actually many chinese and other foreign players I can PvP against without any significant lag. And if lag is interfering too much with a particular person, the person can just leave the room and join another.

bam pow bam

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 72

i was actually hacked in the korean dnf before and i reported it to neople and surprisingly got all my stuff returned.

funny thing was that i actually found all my stuff being sold by some chinese guy in the auction house, good to know what avatars you lost, stalk your items!

Page 41 of 68 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast