Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 195

Thread: Tree of Savior English Blog!

  1. #1
    Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 28
    Xaenex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    94
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Tree of Savior English Blog!

    Hey guys, MMOCulture just did a piece on the announcement of the new English blog which will be where we'll be able to find information for the Global version of Tree of Savior


    MMOCulture Article: http://www.mmoculture.com/2014/05/tr...bal-community/

    Blog Link: http://blog.treeofsavior.com/en/

  2. #2
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 758
    Abhorsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    14,757
    Rep Power
    32

    Default

    lol this made me laugh
    A6) Mr. Dong Il Kwak who was working in SoundTeMP team joined S.F.A team to participate “Granado Espada”. And he is now in charge of sound directing for “Tree of Savior”.
    dong il kwak xD

    this pic looks amazing tho, i love how they all look. the ui needs work still it looks to plain/cheap imo

  3. #3
    Pellet Eater Reputation: 31
    Cripstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    In a house, in my room.
    Posts
    599
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Looks like what RO2 should have been.
    http://www.gameplank.tv/daeoc
    Come and stop by sometime, I stream just about every genre.

  4. #4
    Roon's Rogue Reputation: 117
    coldReactive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    4,291
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Hoping a GOOD Publisher for the west actually gets it. Don't want Aeria, Nexon, Frogster, Outspark, GamesCampus and "New" WarpPortal getting their hands on this.

    Only plays Magic DPS Classes, Healers and Machinist/Engineers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Balmung)
    Waiting On: FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior, RE:FFVII · Saving For: New Computer

  5. #5
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    11,357
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    Hoping a GOOD Publisher for the west actually gets it. Don't want Aeria, Nexon, Frogster, Outspark, GamesCampus and "New" WarpPortal getting their hands on this.
    definitely not nexon
    rip ipblock and EU dying after 2 weeks.

  6. #6
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 212
    Phenoca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Demacia
    Posts
    6,134
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    EU dying after 2 weeks.
    WAT?!

    But the graphics are so cute and the gameplay looks so Ragnaresque!

  7. #7
    Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 86
    Ryukiri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,665
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    no candy means if nexon eu hosts it its gonna die in 2 weeks

  8. #8
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 139
    Rya.Reisender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,623
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I'm quite surprised that there isn't more talk about this game here. The development team is super active when it comes to communication with their players, I love them. They basically post weekly on the English blog.

    By now, there are already 5 "Questions and Answers" entries as well as an interview with the Art Director of Tree of Savior posted.

    Q&A 1: http://blog.treeofsavior.com/en/?p=19
    Q&A 2: http://blog.treeofsavior.com/en/?p=63
    Q&A 3: http://blog.treeofsavior.com/en/?p=104
    Q&A 4: http://blog.treeofsavior.com/en/?p=115
    Q&A 5: http://blog.treeofsavior.com/en/?p=151

    Art Director's Words: http://blog.treeofsavior.com/en/?p=134

  9. #9
    Hoshigami Reputation: 427
    Kashis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey
    Posts
    7,848
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rya.Reisender View Post
    I'm quite surprised that there isn't more talk about this game here. The development team is super active when it comes to communication with their players, I love them. They basically post weekly on the English blog.

    By now, there are already 5 "Questions and Answers" entries as well as an interview with the Art Director of Tree of Savior posted.

    Q&A 1: http://blog.treeofsavior.com/en/?p=19
    Q&A 2: http://blog.treeofsavior.com/en/?p=63
    Q&A 3: http://blog.treeofsavior.com/en/?p=104
    Q&A 4: http://blog.treeofsavior.com/en/?p=115
    Q&A 5: http://blog.treeofsavior.com/en/?p=151

    Art Director's Words: http://blog.treeofsavior.com/en/?p=134
    The Q&A has been posted before and I think people are just kinda waiting on actually playing the game instead of talking about it. It's still a ways off before we even will see a CB unfortunately.

    That being said, I really like the art style and how they visited different areas for inspiration. And on paper it sounds like it'll be the real deal, unlike that PoS RO2, but we'll see.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis, https://www.neonmob.com/@sliphatos
    NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366): Smash Bros Wii U/3DS, Fantasy Life, Monster Hunter 4, Splatoon.

  10. #10
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 139
    Rya.Reisender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,623
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Not all the Q&A was posted.

    And in other forums I saw people actively discussing all the others to the Q&As so I was wondering we it isn't done here too. Especially knowing that there are quite some RO fans around.

  11. #11
    Hoshigami Reputation: 427
    Kashis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey
    Posts
    7,848
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rya.Reisender View Post
    Not all the Q&A was posted.

    And in other forums I saw people actively discussing all the others to the Q&As so I was wondering we it isn't done here too. Especially knowing that there are quite some RO fans around.
    *shrug* ionno we just kinda suck. I find it kinda odd that they are just using a 1 point per level stat system and the card system isn't going to be used to add modifiers like it did in RO, but it sounds like they are implementing something new that will be just as good.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis, https://www.neonmob.com/@sliphatos
    NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366): Smash Bros Wii U/3DS, Fantasy Life, Monster Hunter 4, Splatoon.

  12. #12
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 139
    Rya.Reisender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,623
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I think it's hard for syKim to just directly copy RO mechanics, because Gravity holds the rights for that.

    But yes, I'm VERY disappointed by the stat system. RO's stat system was great because the cost increased the higher your stat was which make all kind of hybrid builds actually viable. "x stats per level" always ends up with the most optimal build being all points into one stat.

  13. #13
    Hoshigami Reputation: 427
    Kashis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey
    Posts
    7,848
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Yeah, it seems like what they are going after is the variety is gonna come from how you build your characters skills and what job paths you decide to take, hence the 80 jobs thing. So there should still be some diversity in builds. It might not be bad though because a large part of builds in RO was centered around what skills you wanted to use, so focusing more on the jobs and their abilities instead of stats could open up some more possibilities and freedom.

    Hard to tell without more details. They need to go a bit more in depth with the job system and show us a character sheet.
    Last edited by Kashis; 06-27-2014 at 11:50 PM.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis, https://www.neonmob.com/@sliphatos
    NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366): Smash Bros Wii U/3DS, Fantasy Life, Monster Hunter 4, Splatoon.

  14. #14
    ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 52
    Heartyace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,343
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kashis View Post
    Yeah, it seems like what they are going after is the variety is gonna come from how you build your characters skills and what job paths you decide to take, hence the 80 jobs thing. So there should still be some diversity in builds. It might not be bad though because a large part of builds in RO was centered around what skills you wanted to use, so focusing more on the jobs and their abilities instead of stats could open up some more possibilities and freedom.

    Hard to tell without more details. They need to go a bit more in depth with the job system and show us a character sheet.
    I'd actually prefer that, as long as they have the ability to completely balance the classes. I don't want to see things like, it's necessary to have "OP Class here". I somewhat do want to see "Insert class here" is able to zone this certain boss with a rotation of his skills or "insert class" can use use "insert skill" to move team mates to safe spots.

    I think the 1 point can do well, if they enable you to put the stat in more than 6 places (Str,agi,int,luk,vit,dex), By that being able to increase in better increments like 1 point in hp puts up 20 hp, or 3 points for 1 crit. So it's actually a beneficial instead of adding like 60 hp by end game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Your average commentor
    If she has anime flu, she will die.
    Wakfu: Roxie Hubrecut

  15. #15
    Murxidon's Maid Reputation: 31
    BetaGods123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,024
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heartyace View Post
    I'd actually prefer that, as long as they have the ability to completely balance the classes. I don't want to see things like, it's necessary to have "OP Class here". I somewhat do want to see "Insert class here" is able to zone this certain boss with a rotation of his skills or "insert class" can use use "insert skill" to move team mates to safe spots.

    I think the 1 point can do well, if they enable you to put the stat in more than 6 places (Str,agi,int,luk,vit,dex), By that being able to increase in better increments like 1 point in hp puts up 20 hp, or 3 points for 1 crit. So it's actually a beneficial instead of adding like 60 hp by end game.
    I agree, that would make things a lot more interesting, but given the plethora of classes available, I'm afraid it will be extremely difficult to have them all equally balanced.

  16. #16
    Hoshigami Reputation: 427
    Kashis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey
    Posts
    7,848
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heartyace View Post
    I'd actually prefer that, as long as they have the ability to completely balance the classes. I don't want to see things like, it's necessary to have "OP Class here". I somewhat do want to see "Insert class here" is able to zone this certain boss with a rotation of his skills or "insert class" can use use "insert skill" to move team mates to safe spots.
    Yeah I'm hoping there are is a wide variety of ways to handle stuff, but it seems like they are making it so that you can be decent with a number of the classes and builds, but still be unique enough to feel different.

    I think the 1 point can do well, if they enable you to put the stat in more than 6 places (Str,agi,int,luk,vit,dex), By that being able to increase in better increments like 1 point in hp puts up 20 hp, or 3 points for 1 crit. So it's actually a beneficial instead of adding like 60 hp by end game.
    Only 4 stats to increase with points gained from leveling IIRC. We still aren't sure how the card system, and equipment come into play though.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis, https://www.neonmob.com/@sliphatos
    NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366): Smash Bros Wii U/3DS, Fantasy Life, Monster Hunter 4, Splatoon.

  17. #17
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 139
    Rya.Reisender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,623
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Even if all the 80 classes are balanced, it will still end up with "If you are Knight, you need to put all stat points in STR or else your build will suck."

    Ragnarok Online 1 is really the only game I've seen that does stat distribution right...

  18. #18
    Heads or Tails Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    342
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    I never heard of the game, and now that you told me about it, I'm actually somewhat interested in it.

  19. #19
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 139
    Rya.Reisender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,623
    Rep Power
    9

  20. #20
    Hoshigami Reputation: 427
    Kashis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey
    Posts
    7,848
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rya.Reisender View Post
    It's almost as if they are listening to us: soon as I start talking bout how we need to see and hear some more details on stats, what do they do? =P

    I dunno if I'm feeling the Monk thing though. Why carry a mace and shield if you gonna punch stuff? I hope they change their minds on that.

    No more ammo, but ammo specific skills, with classes that make em, eh? I like that.

    And the animations, jiggly but smooth as hell.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis, https://www.neonmob.com/@sliphatos
    NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366): Smash Bros Wii U/3DS, Fantasy Life, Monster Hunter 4, Splatoon.

  21. #21
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 152
    Acreon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Next to my Sony Bravia
    Posts
    5,320
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kashis View Post
    It's almost as if they are listening to us: soon as I start talking bout how we need to see and hear some more details on stats, what do they do? =P

    I dunno if I'm feeling the Monk thing though. Why carry a mace and shield if you gonna punch stuff? I hope they change their minds on that.

    No more ammo, but ammo specific skills, with classes that make em, eh? I like that.

    And the animations, jiggly but smooth as hell.
    Monks can be tough since as a video game they need hand weapons to enchant and balance but they don't use any.

    I agree i hope they figure something out, one of the appeals of a monk (to me and some others) is that you don't have gear hanging off you.

  22. #22
    ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 52
    Heartyace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,343
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Acreon View Post
    Monks can be tough since as a video game they need hand weapons to enchant and balance but they don't use any.

    I agree i hope they figure something out, one of the appeals of a monk (to me and some others) is that you don't have gear hanging off you.
    There are systems around it. On top of the fact, Most games weapon doesn't even matter, because by end game all you'll be using is skills. Arguably, games don't even need armor pieces, just things to increase stats and improve appearance. I'm going to play the shit out of Rodelero though, purely because of the name.

    Also Since we have about 80 classes, we do have special, diverse classes that you haven’t expected before. In TOS, there are master NPCs who help the growth of each class, to put it in other word, there are various types of classes as there are various types of NPCs. For example, if you met an Appraiser NPC in the game, there may be an Appraiser class. Or if you met a Shepherd NPC, you may be able to change your character’s class to Shepherd class.
    L2herd sheep
    Last edited by Heartyace; 06-30-2014 at 02:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Your average commentor
    If she has anime flu, she will die.
    Wakfu: Roxie Hubrecut

  23. #23
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 152
    Acreon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Next to my Sony Bravia
    Posts
    5,320
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heartyace View Post
    There are systems around it. On top of the fact, Most games weapon doesn't even matter, because by end game all you'll be using is skills. Arguably, games don't even need armor pieces, just things to increase stats and improve appearance. I'm going to play the shit out of Rodelero though, purely because of the name.



    L2herd sheep
    Well in table tops there are sub systems and calculations for determining monk stats( and other classes who forgo certain equips but have buffs/extra strengths in turn) but in MMO's and the like it's a bit trickier to do since you obviously don't want to make them the only class that HAS to use their class specific armor(has more stats than other armors due to no weapon for example)

    I'm sure they can figure out a good system if they put the effort into it,it's just I hope they DO put the effort into it.

  24. #24
    Chrono's Crony Reputation: 133
    markca's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Over there
    Posts
    3,316
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Acreon View Post
    Monks can be tough since as a video game they need hand weapons to enchant and balance but they don't use any.

    I agree i hope they figure something out, one of the appeals of a monk (to me and some others) is that you don't have gear hanging off you.
    It is a little weird they don't use fist weapons in this, but I can see why they use shields and maces, RO allowed the use of them and alot of people used them in certain builds.
    LeagueofLegends-ChuckleButt


  25. #25
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 152
    Acreon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Next to my Sony Bravia
    Posts
    5,320
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markca View Post
    It is a little weird they don't use fist weapons in this, but I can see why they use shields and maces, RO allowed the use of them and alot of people used them in certain builds.
    Battle priests are monks of the monastery(usually) so it does still make sense, just a different style of monk.

    Matters with the lore and such.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •