Tree of Savior English Blog!

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

Quote Originally Posted by ASNZern View Post
    I agree. I really like Vanila RO's quests. They are there to unlock new maps or dungeons. Or, you know, make rare equipments.

The reason old style camping is more fun is because, to me, it's about exploring. What to kill for best EXP per hour. Including rest time, profitable loots, nearby merchants selling supplies, and other players competing or joining party and so on.

How about 'Buy Order' on Auction ?
    Nah nah, I wouldn't want to see it tied into auctioning, that would be something separate. Personally, I think the idea that a quest giving out exp is bad altogether. I think exp should come from mob/boss grind or dungeon clear results only. Quests should only give you some kind of currency or items that you need.

The idea I had was that players, through guilds, would submit requests to be filled instead of them being given out by NPCs. Based on variables such as the value of the items, difficulty of the quest, time limit, etc. upon completion, the guild gains Quest Points (QP). QP in turn would be either the main or secondary component used to upgrade the guild (allow for more members, buffs, special guild access only areas/content, housing, PvP entry/equipment, etc.) giving reason to do quests while simultaneously helping to establish an economy for people to toss their gold and time into. It would also be a huge benefit to PvE players who want to help contribute to a guild's standing/rank since the barters and crafters would be a huge pillar in the guild while also giving them a reason to exist to serve both players and the guild.

The regular players who do not wish to partake in guilds would still have a numerous amount of quests to undertake for the rewards guilds offer, be it items for money or money for items, but they would not gain QP from doing so. You also couldn't guild hop to earn QP either, only QP earned in a guild can be used for that one (possibly allied ones who've ranked up high enough as well might be viable). This would allow solo players to still benefit from questing, aid the economy in general, but still place a huge emphasis on being in a guild for full benefits.

On the managerial side, it could be set up so that the Treasurer of the guild could be responsible for the acceptance of quests from players as well as the creation of quests from the guild to players (I'll call it for lack of a better term for now the Guild Mission System or GMS). The Guild Master can decide on if they want:
    a) Treasurer to have full control over GMS
    b) Treasurer needs GM approval for GMS
    c) Treasurer needs approval on GMS actions through votes from high position members in guild.

As a player, I wouldn't mind doing quests if they ended up helping me to not only get something I actually need, but also do something beneficial to a guild in the first place instead of just being another body and member of a highly ranked guild.

If they made this a game where every drop had a purpose, this would really work out well. Just a thought though.
    Last edited by Kashis; 08-27-2014 at 10:08 AM.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis
    NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366): Smash Bros 3DS, Fantasy Life.

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 12

http://blog.treeofsavior.com/en/

New update! The hype is real.

We can start the countdown soon it seems (hopefully)

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

A Lunia Ragnarok mix? With tons of classes? Dayummm i'd play this in any language.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Everyone fears the Time Wizard
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 28

looks like neither to me.

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 12

This is refreshing to see... Finally a game that dares to take different roads... It has lots of unique classes I never even heard of. Like a complete opposite of generic, with a mix of RO which we all know and love. I'll try not to ride the hype train though, bad habbit But I'm watching from far

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 121

Quote Originally Posted by Razelis View Post
    This is refreshing to see... Finally a game that dares to take different roads... It has lots of unique classes I never even heard of. Like a complete opposite of generic, with a mix of RO which we all know and love. I'll try not to ride the hype train though, bad habbit But I'm watching from far
    THis is where I'm at. I'm hyped as ****.
    But i don't want to end up making myself not like it due to overhyping it.

500+ Posts???? Reputation: 43

Hopefully rolls well when it comes out in English. By the way, any word on hosting(still looking for pub)? or are they going to release it as global, which i hope they do.

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 8

any updates recently ?

I am eagerly waiting for this game

FabianN's Fanatic Reputation: 70

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaDivider View Post
    http://blog.treeofsavior.com/en/

New update! The hype is real.

We can start the countdown soon it seems (hopefully)
    Countdown to an English west release? if it releases on a publisher like subagames, etc. it's not a real west release. It has to be released on a western publisher with western servers for it to be a west release :V

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EQ Next, FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior ∑ Saving For: An Epic Computer / PS Vita

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 16

Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    Countdown to an English west release? if it releases on a publisher like subagames, etc. it's not a real west release. It has to be released on a western publisher with western servers for it to be a west release :V
    if you can play it in the west = west release

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast