Tree of Savior English Blog!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

Quote Originally Posted by Exeunt View Post
    And yet if I'm a Wizard, the only stats I need are dex and int. Priest? int, dex and vit. Skills don't crit, so why stat luck? lol. I've never touched that stat and took it serious and it's usually 1.
    Not true.

Wizards, can also get Vit, especially for PVP. And there are also some unique Agi Wizard builds (high agi = can't be cast cancelled even without no cast cancel gear opening a lot more possibilities for armor). You can also get a little STR for weight capacity, although hardly anyone does this. In theory however you can even go for a full physical attacker Wizard as the class can equip some quite interesting weapons like the counter dagger with gives you 90% crit chance. And LUK you at least can get it to 10 with your class bonus as it's cheap and gives you a 1% lucky dodge chance.

Of course if you go for real LUK builds you usually don't use skills, but instead use normal attacks. Except that there are some skills that actually CAN crit (not for Wizards though).

Priest can use pretty much all of the stats even better than Wizard. Physical attacker Priests are quite viable, especially if you have a Battle Blacksmith to party up with. Priests need LUK for Turn Undead success rate. AGI reduces cast delay on some skills and also protects you from being cast cancelled. Not to mention that depending on the skills you get, wtether you want to participate in PVP or not and whether you are a full support are an exorcist type the optimal distribution between INT/DEX/VIT will always be different.

Rock Man Reputation: 14

Quote Originally Posted by shuyukoukin View Post
    In this game you're able to actively attack with your main and off-hand by pressing Z or C. In RO, the only time you can "block" is by using a skill like defending aura or shield reflect. In this game you're able to defend whenever you want without having to depend on it as a skill. So in terms of difficulty, I'd say it beats RO's battle mechanics by a huge margin. You can already imagine scenarios where an enemy would kill you with one shot in RO but in this game depending on how you move or block you can avoid that. It's an action rpg.
    Hmm. What I like is spammy/twitch based combat. I like apm. RO1 had lots of that, speed potting around, spamming thousands of pots per WoE, and using all battlemode keys. One shots like Asura can be "blocked" with hide clips, or switching a full demi-reduction set just before getting hit. Blocking is fine, but I just don't like when pace is slowed down past a certain level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Exeunt View Post
    And yet if I'm a Wizard, the only stats I need are dex and int. Priest? int, dex and vit. Skills don't crit, so why stat luck? lol. I've never touched that stat and took it serious and it's usually 1.

IMO, Dofus has a better stat system.
    You forgot agi for aspd, especially under song/dance buffs. But yes, Luk was the more redundant stat. Maybe some if you were FAS and didn't have crit song. Not too sure about that one.

Ganban wizards also go vit btw. The thing is that even if you were going int/vit/dex, different builds had differing amounts of those stats that you would add.

Q&A 11: http://blog.treeofsavior.com/en/?p=227

I swear in this game if you meet others / make a party, your first question will be "What kind of skills does your class have?", because every class is so unique and you have to adjust your own gameplay a lot depending on who you have in your group.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 24

^is that a bad thing or good thing? lol
    i cant wait for this game tbh, i wonder when its gonna be out,

^is that a bad thing or good thing? lol
    Dunno!

Gotta experience it.

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 12

I never really managed to get into RO but after watching videos of this game you can colour me intrigued. I doubt we'll see this anytime soon though as I don't think it's even in beta testing yet.

They made an alpha to get some suggestions. Beta will come this year. They wanted to do it in summer, but it was delayed because balancing all the classes took longer than expected.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 80

I can't wait for this #_#
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    Pyr3D.com - My Folio
    ---

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 18

Arghh they delayed it, but is ok, i prefer wait more but have a polished game that a bugged game, the first impression is important for a succesfull launch since IMCgames want release the game themselves in the west.

I'm really hyped about this game, as an old RO player.
    Last edited by KdChan; 08-05-2014 at 09:20 AM.
    Want to play
    Tree of Savior | Peria Chronicles | The Repopulation

Played
    Darkfall UW | Mortal Online | Tera | Lineage II | Aion
    Guild Wars 2 | FF XIV: ARR | Archeage

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 293

cinder is doing a nice job on his blog ... its wonderful :P
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast