MMO with summoner class

Hybrid View

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default MMO with summoner class

Hello,

I am looking for an MMO with a summoner class. I want one where you don't summon a small pet to fight with you but I want one where your pet is essential, where the summons can be bigger than your in game character. I've been looking for a game like this for quite some time now, thanks for the help

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 86

http://dnf.neople.com is currently a game in alpha phase

slayer has a class called soul bender that has a gigantic fish that pops out of the ground and devour everything on the screen when you awaken the class.
    YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

thief has a class necromancer that has a big pet

female mage has a summoner class that has a few big pets.
    Last edited by Ryukiri; 05-15-2014 at 10:01 AM.

FabianN's Fanatic Reputation: 70

Although not "Bigger than your character" the Summoner class of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn relies heavily on its summoned pet. For instance, while your DOT Spells are debuffing a monster (Such as a big bad boss), your Garuda summon can extend the duration of those DOTs.

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: FFXIV:Heavensward, FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior · Saving For: An Epic Computer

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

ohh cool but don't i have to pay for that game?

FabianN's Fanatic Reputation: 70

Quote Originally Posted by RomeosNewb View Post
    ohh cool but don't i have to pay for that game?
    Yes. It's a subscription-based MMORPG. You did not originally put whether or not you wanted free to play, buy to play or pay to play.

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: FFXIV:Heavensward, FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior · Saving For: An Epic Computer

Spyro’s Burning Cough Reputation: 32

Grand Fantasia. Not sure how it's doing but when I played the necromancer class was pretty intense. You can summon a few pets that are larger than you but they are only for a limited amount of time. They do have other pets that are more permanent and they do insane amounts of damage as well as causing status ailments or tanking! The tank one is pretty freaking huge for obvious reasons.

Allods has a summoner class the pets they get aren't huge but they have a huge role in pvp/pve and they do have skills of their own that they use such as disarming or stunning etc. It has two servers the p2p server without a cash shop and the p2p server with a cash shop.