W-what MMORPG should I get into? It's like there's no options anymore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Detective Kirby Reputation: 10

Default W-what MMORPG should I get into? It's like there's no options anymore.

Hey guys.

I have no idea what to play anymore. I tried re-subscribing to WoW today, but it's just way too overwhelming. It's too massive. I don't think I want to penetrate something that's been around so long. I might try again after Warlords of Draenor...

WildStar runs like ass. I'd need to drop like $300 on a video card to play it, which sucks. It's basically like WoW (which isn't a bad thing to me), with less content and it'd be easier to get into than WoW. But it just runs so horribly.

I like a couple of Nexon America games but Nexon America has trash customer support and their games are all crazy over the top with pay-to-win. They're so freakin' expensive.

Elsword is okay, but way too expensive/pay-to-win...

Final Fantasy XIV's endgame is crap. Like, literally crap. I might re-subscribe when they add new jobs or an expansion, but not now.

What's left?

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 35

Just waiting for ArcheAge NA version its in CB at the moment you can buy into it by buying a founders pack. It will be F2P. I was in the Russian open beta using a English translation mod and it was a bunch of fun!

http://www.archeagegame.com/en/

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 10

Everything. Almost everything is left. Everquest 2, Lord of the rings online, Aion, Age of Conan, Allods, Perfect World, Forsaken World, Elder Scrolls Online, ArcheAge (soon), Runescape, the list goes on and on and on.

But I can't understand how you don't want to play WoW because it is too massive.... It is not at all. Just level up via quests and dungeons and it literally leads you along a path from zone to zone. What on earth is there to be overwhelmed with?! WoW is the most hand holdiest MMO out there!

Anyway, you could Google best MMO's to play in 2014, 2013 etc etc to find a nice list of ones to try.

Everquest 2 to me is tremendously awesome. But it has been out longer than WoW. Its world is pretty huge and there are currently 95 levels. But just like WoW, it is not overwhelming in the slightest. Find a good guild in any mmo and they will help out.

Detective Kirby Reputation: 10

I heard that ArcheAge flopped/died in Korea and there won't be as much updates for the English version because of that. True/false?

I've tried most of what you listed Bawnawgwa. I doubt most of those games still have much of a population.

I guess I could try ESO, but I have heard pretty bad things
    Last edited by Retto; 05-24-2014 at 04:15 AM.

I heard koreans drastically changed the game from sandboxy to more theme park all the sudden, which caused tremendous rage amongst asian community. Idk if its "flopping" but I imagine many quit if this is the case. Hopefully it works out because I would love a great sandbox.

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 72

nexon games and elsword = pay to win? you're killing me lmao

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

I understand the hype for Wildstar but I HATE HATE HATE the art style. I was in closed beta and thought hmm maybe I could get into this, but the artstyle was just terrible IMO. I prefer eastern artstyle of course.

Now Nexon games aren't bad. However MapleStory is hugely pay2win. It takes a large amount of real life money to get a decent weapon to participate in new content. But games like Dragon Nest and Vindictus aren't p2w. They are DEAD though.

What's wrong with FFXIV's end game? They're pumping out content like crazy and it's a themepark PvE focused MMO. Doing a great job IMO at that, and if you have a nice FC to do raids with it can be pretty fun.

So what's left?
    Aion - Great game, has a nice population, I love the speed of the game it feels very fast paced, and is polished. PvP is in a 'meh' state atm.
    GW2 - Good casual game. However for end game you pretty much WvW and do arenas. Which is fun, but it gets repetitive. I'm burnt out on it for now.
    RIFT - Good PvE MMO, I could never get into it because I find the character models ugly as sin. I always hear great things on the PvE side though.
    TERA - Great game because of the combat. I've played since closed beta up until recently and I'm burned out, but mostly because the reason to get gear end game is not motivational. Everything end game can be cleared in bad gear, and the most active PvP are equalized arenas...
    DFO - Making a good comeback! In Alpha, there will be a wipe but it's fun nonetheless.
    Neverwinter - Pretty active, but I couldn't get too into it because the characters are so ugly IMO just terrible.
    Age of Wushu - I have yet to try it, but after reading some articles the publisher is trying to address the problems that made the game not as successful as it could have been.
    Archeage - Looks very promising and should come within the next couple months to beta at least. BTW the patches that hit kArcheage NA is not getting in an attempt to prevent those problems.
    LOTRO - Heard good things?
    Path of Exile - Still pretty active if you're into that game play. Always heard good things.
    D3 - With the recent expansion the game is lively as can be and it seems they addressed a lot of the things that was wrong with the game before.
    ESO - Lol.... it's on sale and just got released. I rarely hear of somebody really enjoying it.

Now we can say there's "tons" of MMORPG's left but lets be honest, most of the options I didn't list are dead/dying. What do you expect from an MMORPG anymore anyways? I mean usually end game is filled with gear grind, raid grinding, doing stuff with your guild, crafting.... but then what? That's all there really is to MMO's. Some games have PvP ladders which make the game much more interesting IMO but there aren't many MMORPG's out that have a good ranking system. If I happened to miss something then please say it! But keep in mind most people only want to play really active games. It's sucks playing an MMO and seeing nobody around you.
    Last edited by shaddy; 05-24-2014 at 09:22 AM.

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

You can try MMOs on BETA like Eclipse War, Kingdom Under Fire 2 and Blade & Soul. Or you can try other games like MOBA. There's DoTA, League of Legends and Dead Island:Epidemic.

hahahahahaha Shaddy... I am IN elder scrolls online. There are tons and tons and tons and tons of players. 95%+ of who are greatly enjoying the game, thus why they are playing. You are only hearing these negative things because haters are few but very vocal, those enjoying the game are spending time in game.

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 72

why not try a card collecting game? i found a decent card game, its really confusing but has alot of damage caculating, just make sure you dont use damage cards (sword icon without + on it) on your defense turn and start out with practicing on very easy training, i just started this game o_o and at first it was difficult but i got used to it quickly campaigns and daily quests are challenging im lv.3 and raised energy up to 60 so it's getting alot funner being able to play cards without that +15 energy equip card my ign is Ryuni
    http://eldhelm.com/

just a tip, orc seems to have alot of cheap energy damaging cards, human overall feels weak, elf is only good with 60+ energy and lucky hand, orc so op nerf pls human rogue is easy to face but strangely they have some neat spell card that makes opponent immobile aka can't act at all o_0 elf keeper is like a sustaining healer class. human rogue is actually pretty decent with is immobility cards ~.~ im so addicted to this ugh 5 am and not sleepy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast