The free to play movie by Valve...............

TerrinBlaze's Treasure Reputation: 32

Default The free to play movie by Valve...............

There was this Russian player that was in the movie. I think the dude's name is Dani.

So one of the things that caught my interest was when the mother said that his hands/keyboard skills were probably benefited from his piano playing.

I found that interesting.

Do you think that people that played piano are more adept at keyboard intense game like dota2 or Starcraft 2. And do you think that people that are good at Starcraft 2 are probably better at playing the piano than the average person?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366

No. Finger agility is not the key since you can customize just about everything to make the best setup for yourself. The rest is just practicing everything to the point where you develop muscle memory.
    It's the ability to read the opponent and anticipate his moves and counter them appropriately.

Also, his nickname is Dendi. It's like not knowing who Davind Beckham, Zinedine Zidane or Ronaldo are in football.
    Last edited by marcipaans; 05-24-2014 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marcipaans View Post
    No. Finger agility is not the key since you can customize just about everything to make the best setup for yourself. The rest is just practicing everything to the point where you develop muscle memory.

Also, his nickname is Dendi. It's like not knowing who Davind Beckham, Zinedine Zidane or Ronaldo are in football.

I don't follow football much. I also don't follow Dota 2 much. I am really a Starcraft 2 fan.. heh

I just thought it was pretty interesting on what his mother said.
    Last edited by Espada1; 05-24-2014 at 04:38 AM.

Whenever you see people say "dude, this guy has 300+ APM", only half of it is actual effective actions per minute. The only reason they spam so much is because they just constantly check the progress of unit training in barracks or research progress in Engineering Bay or anywhere else. That's so they can instantly move on to other stuff when it's done.

I can spam 2 buttons and mouse clicks and have insane high apm too. Doesn't mean I am good. I can have 300 APM but realistically have 50 EPM.

Pretty sure Blizzard implemented EPM meter in spectator modes which is infinitely more useful.
    Last edited by marcipaans; 05-24-2014 at 04:46 AM.

Whenever you see people say "dude, this guy has 300+ APM", only half of it is actual effective actions per minute. The only reason they spam so much is because they just constantly check the progress of unit training in barracks or research progress in Engineering Bay or anywhere else. That's so they can instantly move on to other stuff when it's done.

I can spam 2 buttons and mouse clicks and have insane high apm too. Doesn't mean I am good. I can have 300 APM but realistically have 50 EPM.

Pretty sure Blizzard implemented EPM meter in spectator modes which is infinitely more useful.
    I think most people are really spamming in the first five minutes of the game. I think when in mid/late game, the game begins to open up much more and the APM is really needed. I rarely see anyone spamming in late game, but there are stuff that you actually need to do.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 238

no its just that he has a good reaction time to everything but like someone in that movie said you cant be a pro gamer for life really ... because with age your reaction times slower...
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

Quote Originally Posted by Espada1 View Post
    I think most people are really spamming in the first five minutes of the game. I think when in mid/late game, the game begins to open up much more and the APM is really needed. I rarely see anyone spamming in late game, but there are stuff that you actually need to do.
    What if I told you they are actually spamming to warm up their fingers and joints and prepare for the intense plays later in the game?
    Athletes stretch and these guys just quickly play around the usual sequences of actions they play out later on. You don't want a brainfart in the middle of the game.
    Last edited by marcipaans; 05-24-2014 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by poeticas View Post
    no its just that he has a good reaction time to everything but like someone in that movie said you cant be a pro gamer for life really ... because with age your reaction times slower...
    Yea I saw that too. It was in the beginning of the movie!!

I asked that question a couple time before, and the movie basically confirmed it. It sucks But I think that you can help your reaction as you age but playing a lot of reactive intensive games like Starcraft 2 or Counter Strike, and supplement that by exercising and playing a lot of sports.

Right? Not too sure about this.

What if I told you they are actually spamming to warm up their fingers and joints and prepare for the intense plays later in the game?

Yea. I know that.

I do that all the time in starcraft 2.
    Last edited by Espada1; 05-24-2014 at 05:12 AM.

Ok. My sleep deprived mind changed the order of words and sentences when I read your posts