Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: the elder scrolls online questions

  1. #1
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default the elder scrolls online questions

    hey

    I've played WoW now for a while and want try something else because i got bored there and i was thinking about TESO. Now I've some questions about it before i should buy it:


    - Will it be still popular in the future? I heard it's popular @ launch but also that many ppl leave because of the bugs etc.

    - is it playable for someone with trembling hands? Unlike WoW it seems u need aim by yourself

    - if it's playable for me, what class should i take? was thinking about a melee class as ranged need better aim.

    - how's the pvp and pve there? Is pvp and pve hard 2 learn? I like both in wow but it had 2 many different ability's.


    PS. sorry about my english:P

  2. #2
    Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 11

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    874
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    ESO still has a tremendously large population. I see it being popular for a while. I just rolled an alt that is only lvl 7. Low lvl zones are still full of players.

    PvE is probably the most enjoyable I have experienced in an MMO. combat is action, so you need to aim and dodge, use your crowd controls, etc. I don't think it is very hard to learn. I can't speak for PvP because I have never partaken.

    You can only use 12 abilities at one time. With one weapon you get 6 skills, then you can swap weapons whenever you want (in middle of fight) to your secondary weapon where you get 6 more, so you really have to decide what you want and how you want to play to set u your skill bars.

    And you should really just go for the class that has the abilities you enjoy :P. You can literally make any class do anything. You can have a sorcerer wearing heavy armor and wielding a 2h sword/maul/axe. Sorc can summon pets so you can summon them, and use your melee against enemies while supplementing it with the magic of the sorc .

    Like I made a Dragon Knight, which is the "tank" class, but I wear robes and wield a staff and heal/buff/crowd control and am quite effective at it.

    Each class gets 3 skill lines to put points into, and each weapon has its own skill line to put points into. You can wield any weapon you like .

  3. #3
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    ty for your reply. Guess I will try it out then^^

  4. #4
    42 Reputation: 57
    Dave!Yognaught's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    947
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    I wouldn't suggest picking it up, and i was a major advocate for the game before it was launched. Beta ruined it for me :c

  5. #5
    Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 30

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    283
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    dont just go buy coz one person liked it.
    there are alot of ppl that got disapointed by this game. besides its money grab

  6. #6
    Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 99
    Ryukiri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,677
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    waste of money imo, better option is to play tera really

  7. #7
    Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 11

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    874
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Haha tera is kinda trash. Don't not check it out cuz onrpg says it sucks. Most of onrpg will spread hate on ESO. Why? Because they read one review somewhere that said it was bad or they played the first beta and made a call on he game (first few betas were.... Pretty bad). Honestly, the population in game is still huge and must everyone in game is enjoying themselves. It is in no way a cash grab. Zenimax really wants to please it's players and you can really see their efforts come through in their communication, patches, and updates. When it comes to ESO by no means listen to this community. They unfairly hate it. Find honest nonbiased reviews (yes ESO reviews out there can be biased towards hate on it)

  8. #8
    SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 20
    Narog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,063
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    the game will eventually go free to play or die but from here on the population is going to decrease

  9. #9
    Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 26
    Grable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,209
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Just wait for it to go F2P, it's inevitable as the game is super mediocre.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bawnawgwa View Post
    Haha tera is kinda trash. Don't not check it out cuz onrpg says it sucks. Most of onrpg will spread hate on ESO. Why? Because they read one review somewhere that said it was bad or they played the first beta and made a call on he game (first few betas were.... Pretty bad). Honestly, the population in game is still huge and must everyone in game is enjoying themselves. It is in no way a cash grab. Zenimax really wants to please it's players and you can really see their efforts come through in their communication, patches, and updates. When it comes to ESO by no means listen to this community. They unfairly hate it. Find honest nonbiased reviews (yes ESO reviews out there can be biased towards hate on it)
    Likewise don't listen to fanboys. Check out Angry Joe's reivew:


  10. #10
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    11,357
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bawnawgwa View Post
    Haha tera is kinda trash. Don't not check it out cuz onrpg says it sucks. Most of onrpg will spread hate on ESO. Why? Because they read one review somewhere that said it was bad or they played the first beta and made a call on he game (first few betas were.... Pretty bad). Honestly, the population in game is still huge and must everyone in game is enjoying themselves. It is in no way a cash grab. Zenimax really wants to please it's players and you can really see their efforts come through in their communication, patches, and updates. When it comes to ESO by no means listen to this community. They unfairly hate it. Find honest nonbiased reviews (yes ESO reviews out there can be biased towards hate on it)
    it is in every way a cash grab, but fanboys won't realize this until they get ****ed over.

  11. #11
    Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 11

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    874
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Oh? How am I being ****ed over? I have had over a month of extreme enjoyment. That is worth the 60 bucks because most single players won't last you that long. It will NOT go free to play anytime soon. You guys are not in game. I am. I witness the community for the game everyday and it is going very strong. I am not fanboying. I hardly know anything about elder scrolls.... I am enjoying this mmo however.

    What I am doing is getting to protect this game from you guys hating on it do to hearsay and not actually experiencing. Angry Joe's review is a waste of time. It misrepresents the game completely.

    Like I said I am in no way an ES fanboy. But you guys who have not actually experienced the game need to shut up about it. Nothing you say is valid if all you are going off of is hearsay.

    The game is far from mediocre. It is very high quality with a great story to play through

  12. #12
    Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 91
    Akeras's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,619
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Didn't the economy get royally **** over by a bug that was reported in early beta? Or did they manage to repair the damage?


    Quote Originally Posted by Cingal View Post
    Generally, if the game has characters which would put you on an FBI watchlist, you're playing an Asian game.

  13. #13
    Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 11

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    874
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Eh... I couldn't tell you. I don't pay much attention to the economy. My character is pretty self sustaining, so I don't buy anything really.

  14. #14
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    11,357
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bawnawgwa View Post
    Oh? How am I being ****ed over? I have had over a month of extreme enjoyment. That is worth the 60 bucks because most single players won't last you that long. It will NOT go free to play anytime soon. You guys are not in game. I am. I witness the community for the game everyday and it is going very strong. I am not fanboying. I hardly know anything about elder scrolls.... I am enjoying this mmo however.

    What I am doing is getting to protect this game from you guys hating on it do to hearsay and not actually experiencing. Angry Joe's review is a waste of time. It misrepresents the game completely.

    Like I said I am in no way an ES fanboy. But you guys who have not actually experienced the game need to shut up about it. Nothing you say is valid if all you are going off of is hearsay.

    The game is far from mediocre. It is very high quality with a great story to play through
    i played it for 2 weeks, grew tired of it, got it refunded.

    high quality? great story? pu-lease.

  15. #15
    Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 37
    PaperJedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Wait were am I!? HELP!
    Posts
    1,804
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    As a Vet 5 Player in ESO the game iss trash there is nothing to it and a major waste of time. Endgame is non existant and DKS rule the game.
    Proudly spending your 2 cents.
    Moonies Plox!
    *Hunting person who invented Bit Torrent*

    Nothing like a awesome Dungeon Crawler
    Or a great First Person Shooter





  16. #16
    Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 11

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    874
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Well my highest level character is 48 and still going through the story. I find the zones to be huge and beautiful, crafting to be unique, etc. So yes, the game is high quality and it makes no sense to say it isn't. I am loving the story to the game, not everyone will I understand.

    But you people need to have your PERSONAL reasons to not like the game. All I see from ONRPG community is people going "it sucks, its bad." Well that is nice, I am glad you read that somewhere and took that for your own opinion. At least that is what it sounds like with such unfounded hate towards it. You need actual reasons, or else your just uselessly grumbling and mumbling.

    Now when I hit "endgame" will I find it isn't there and grow tired? Perhaps, but I am not there yet and have loved the ride so far, so the game has been worth the money to me. I have gotten more time out of it than most single players you would pay 60 bucks for.

  17. #17
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 242
    Phanein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Posts
    1,185
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bawnawgwa View Post
    But you people need to have your PERSONAL reasons to not like the game. All I see from ONRPG community is people going "it sucks, its bad." Well that is nice, I am glad you read that somewhere and took that for your own opinion.
    I normally don't make it a habit of responding to fan boys, unless I'm trolling them, so I'll try to keep this brief. I've seen countless threads like this one and lots of people that have actually played the game, like you, have given a negative opinion of it. If I'm not mistaken a couple of them are in this thread. You mentioned earlier about giving an unbiased of ESO, but you also mention that reviews are bias because of the hate it has received. How do you know that people don't actually hate the game on it's own merit? Does a review have to be positive for you to find it unbiased?

    I have briefly played the final release of ESO. I also played the first couple of betas. I do agree that the final release is better than the betas, but there are still a bunch of things that I don't like. I don't like how the lore/story seems simpler compared to it it's single-player game; it feels generic. I don't like how PvP is handled. I don't like how buggy the game was,might have been fixed now, when I played. I experienced bugs just trying to change camera mods. BOTS. I know they're banning them left and right but FFS get it together.

    Plus the economy is ruined and one of my favorite things to do in games is become one of the richer characters. People duplicated all those items and have ruined the economic aspect of the game.

    IIRC the reason it looks populated is because they use mega servers instead of cluster servers.
    Last edited by Phanein; 05-27-2014 at 10:10 PM.

    # ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.

  18. #18
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    11,357
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phanein View Post
    I normally don't make it a habit of responding to fan boys, unless I'm trolling them, so I'll try to keep this brief. I've seen countless threads like this one and lots of people that have actually played the game, like you, have given a negative opinion of it. If I'm not mistaken a couple of them are in this thread. You mentioned earlier about giving an unbiased of ESO, but you also mention that reviews are bias because of the hate it has received. How do you know that people don't actually hate the game on it's own merit? Does a review have to be positive for you to find it unbiased?

    I have briefly played the final release of ESO. I also played the first couple of betas. I do agree that the final release is better than the betas, but there are still a bunch of things that I don't like. I don't like how the lore/story seems simpler compared to it it's single-player game; it feels generic. I don't like how PvP is handled. I don't like how buggy the game was,might have been fixed now, when I played. I experienced bugs just trying to change camera mods. BOTS. I know they're banning them left and right but FFS get it together.

    Plus the economy is ruined and one of my favorite things to do in games is become one of the richer characters. People duplicated all those items and have ruined the economic aspect of the game.
    ****
    you

    oh my god ****ing sig


  19. #19
    Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 91
    Akeras's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,619
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    ****
    you

    oh my god ****ing sig

    If only we could sig that much text.


    Quote Originally Posted by Cingal View Post
    Generally, if the game has characters which would put you on an FBI watchlist, you're playing an Asian game.

  20. #20
    Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 99
    Ryukiri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,677
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    dont worry he will forget it within a day

  21. #21
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    11,357
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akeras View Post
    If only we could sig that much text.
    no i actually meant his signature. scrolled down and BLAM.
    why would anyone do that
    real

  22. #22
    Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 26
    Grable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,209
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bawnawgwa View Post
    Oh? How am I being ****ed over? I have had over a month of extreme enjoyment. That is worth the 60 bucks because most single players won't last you that long. It will NOT go free to play anytime soon. You guys are not in game. I am. I witness the community for the game everyday and it is going very strong. I am not fanboying. I hardly know anything about elder scrolls.... I am enjoying this mmo however.

    What I am doing is getting to protect this game from you guys hating on it do to hearsay and not actually experiencing. Angry Joe's review is a waste of time. It misrepresents the game completely.

    Like I said I am in no way an ES fanboy. But you guys who have not actually experienced the game need to shut up about it. Nothing you say is valid if all you are going off of is hearsay.

    The game is far from mediocre. It is very high quality with a great story to play through
    max lolz 10/10 comedy, you have your fun in your game but stop misleading other innocent people to purchase a quick cash grab that is TESO

  23. #23
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 242
    Phanein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Posts
    1,185
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    no i actually meant his signature. scrolled down and BLAM.
    why would anyone do that
    real
    It was between this one or the one where she is peeling off her face. I think I chose the lesser of two evils.
    Last edited by Phanein; 05-28-2014 at 09:18 PM.

    # ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.

  24. #24
    Sandman's Slave Reputation: 80
    ASNZern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,815
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Most 'content' the game has are tedious and boring quests/story.
    The only games I don't skip quest dialogue are SWTOR and GW2.
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you. My 3D Character Artist Folio

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •