Swordsman CB starts JUNE 16th

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 17

Quote Originally Posted by Jermatoo View Post
    The combat is top notch compared to the tab targeting dullness AoW is. Unless you play with the default target combat is a dull fest. The "action" with actual targeting greatly enhances the combat. Not to mention theres dodging, blocking, and all the different skill sets you get. The variety of the schools is also pretty good. I'm not saying the game is 10/10 quality or anything like that but it's better than dogshit like AoW or Black Gold Online.
    I'm not saying I'm not harsh or that I was playing it past level 20, but the combat is sugarcoated tab target. All the action setting does is give you a reticle, but the principle is the same - aim in the general direction of the enemy and the character will LOCK on to the target, just as if you were pressing tab. Sure you get more active skills at 20 and past but the core combat stays the same. Heck it even locks you in place, at least Blade and Soul lets you move while attacking. Real action combat is something like Vindictus, not this.

Not to mention it feels like every key you press comes with a slight delay, and that is with a good connection/ping. Any experienced PvPer would feel it.
    Last edited by Grable; 06-18-2014 at 08:39 AM.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 29

You also get to make your own customized skill bar when you get to level 30 made up of skills you've unlocked beforehand and you even get to add the third and fourth skill sets you unlock at level 40 and 60. Also I think Grable only played for like 30 minutes tops. The combat is top notch compared to the tab targeting dullness AoW is. Unless you play with the default target combat is a dull fest. The "action" with actual targeting greatly enhances the combat. Not to mention theres dodging, blocking, and all the different skill sets you get. The variety of the schools is also pretty good. I'm not saying the game is 10/10 quality or anything like that but it's better than dogshit like AoW or Black Gold Online.
    I'm surprised you dislike AoW that much considering all the similarities these two games have I actually consider it superior.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 28

The combat is top notch compared to the tab targeting dullness AoW is
    That's silly and dumb. This game is tab target as well. Being able to select your target through mouse aim doesn't somehow change the fact that you are selecting a target. Especially since action mode is shit and you are just gimping your situational awareness by using it. Maybe if it was more blade and soul esque and you could move while attacking, but that isn't the case.

The idea that AoW combat could be shit and this the new hotness is insane. These games are so similar that I'd be completely comfortable calling this game "theme park age of wushu"

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 10

Grable were you expecting an amazing ridicule system? Sheesh just enjoy the game as is. At least this games story mode is dubbed with some quality mandarin voice's. I'd at least give this game a 5/10 if anything. If more maybe a 6/10 because majority of the mechanic feels like they got it off of some premade template. "It's Jin Yong's Theme Park".

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 17

Quote Originally Posted by GenoX View Post
    Grable were you expecting an amazing ridicule system? Sheesh just enjoy the game as is. At least this games story mode is dubbed with some quality mandarin voice's. I'd at least give this game a 5/10 if anything. If more maybe a 6/10 because majority of the mechanic feels like they got it off of some premade template. "It's Jin Yong's Theme Park".
    I wasn't expecting a lot considering I've seen and read about the game before. Actually my low expectations were pretty much identical to the experience. "Themepark Age of Wushu" seems like an appropriate description for it.

"sheesh just enjoy the game as it is" well good thing there's the uninstall button and I don't have to "enjoy" the game as it is.
    Last edited by Grable; 06-19-2014 at 10:40 AM.

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

I love everything about the game except instances/dungeons downfall for me I hate spamming instances to level up.. There's very few quest as well and the bounty's/event's doesn't give a lot of xp >.>

Power_Gamer_6's Pick Reputation: 35

I wonder if OBT will start right after CBT, or if you have to wait for months. Its getting kinda silly with all these betas and wipes recently.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 27

I liked a lot the story quests, looks like a Kung Fu movie. But I dislike the free PvP.

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    I wasn't expecting a lot considering I've seen and read about the game before. Actually my low expectations were pretty much identical to the experience. "Themepark Age of Wushu" seems like an appropriate description for it.

"sheesh just enjoy the game as it is" well good thing there's the uninstall button and I don't have to "enjoy" the game as it is.
    "It's Jin Yong's Theme Park".
    I just say that because the game is also base off of the Jin Yong's, like AoW, book just the story is different. Welp at least you enjoy uninstalling the game.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 29

Quote Originally Posted by GenoX View Post
    "It's Jin Yong's Theme Park".
    I just say that because the game is also base off of the Jin Yong's, like AoW, book just the story is different. Welp at least you enjoy uninstalling the game.
    Man **** him for having an opinion right? It's like each individual on this planet has different tastes and preferences when it comes to games! Blasphemy!

I should add though that it's more like "Jin Yong's bus tour", because it's pretty much on rails for the entirety of the questing except for the end where the bus driver goes "hey you fellas can have some free time to explore the area".

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast