Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swordsman CB starts JUNE 16th

🐼 Panda Moderator 🐼 Reputation: 580

Default Swordsman CB starts JUNE 16th

http://community.arcgames.com/en/new...eta-on-june-16

Closed Beta Start Date: Monday June 16, 2014 at 2 PM PDT
    Closed Beta End Date: Tuesday June 27, 2014 at 2 PM PDT

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 235

Freaking finally, I've had the game preloaded since an hour after it was up.

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

Just signed up for beta. Can I go ahead and download the game or no?

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 64

You guys know it's PWE and it's going to be P2W? Just so you know. No complaining when it hits OB 'omg cash ruined game' ETC. Just enjoy the game for what it is

Lockhart’s are forever Reputation: 60

Just a heads up. Swordsman Online should be in Closed Beta now.

~100 keys here: http://www.gameitems.com/get-your-sw...eaway-730.html
    Last edited by bullit; 06-17-2014 at 12:05 PM.

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

Do we have to hold down the right mouse button to freely move our character?

I need a game to play until BDO comes out. Any ideas?

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 35

i downloaded the beta and played some but it still feels clunky.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 29

Really put off by the low amount of skills in my first skill set so far (soooo generic too).

At least Tera's skills had nice synergies and combinations that could be done, for me (at least in Harmony school) it was just do Generic DoT AoE1, Damaging AoE2, Generic Blinkstrike Move1, and Generic Damage Buff. Oh and left-clicky normal spam move.

To be fair I haven't played till 20 yet where you supposedly unlock a new skill set although at this point things don't look very hopeful for me.

Graphics are nice, and the cutscenes are actually pretty decent. Story is pretty intriguing but quite frankly the one dimensional characters and linear questing just absolutely ruins it for me.

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 26

I'm looking for more feedback on this. Generally interested in how the combat system is and if there's a high skill ceiling, much like the above poster.

Game Journalist Reputation: 490

To get an idea of the combat, you can watch this video I recorded from the China closed beta.

From what I've read, the game supposedly gets a lot more fun after level 40, when you get more freedom to choose your skillsets or somesuch. That's when combat is supposed to get the most fun. Until then, I suppose the game is a bit of a boring grind (if my time in the Chinese beta is anything to go by). Of course, I'm sure people that liked the game more will have better opinions of it.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or ******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 24

need key to play?

http://www.gamespot.com/swordsmangiveaway/ Only giveaway I know that still works. And yeah you need a key, The "sign up and be able to play" offer expired months ago since that was only for people who preloaded it early.

Detective Kirby Reputation: 10

OK played for a bit, this game is downright horrible. Quests bland as ****, combat system clunky as hell and whoever says it's action based is downright lying. This thing is pure tab target, and it feels like it even if you use the "action" setting.

0/10 waste of time, if you want a game like this only tons better (but still meh) just go with Age of Wushu.

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    OK played for a bit, this game is downright horrible. Quests bland as ****, combat system clunky as hell and whoever says it's action based is downright lying. This thing is pure tab target, and it feels like it even if you use the "action" setting.

0/10 waste of time, if you want a game like this only tons better (but still meh) just go with Age of Wushu.
    LOL I'd figure this.

Just stopped the dl, thanks
    Guess I'll just try to find a korean friend at college and try to get a KSID LOL for Bd.

Pipster's Punk Reputation: 52

The game gets alot better once you got your lv20 skill set unlocked. Was impressed actually. Since you can mix the skills into combos.
    Last edited by Beatrix23; 06-17-2014 at 08:36 PM.

You also get to make your own customized skill bar when you get to level 30 made up of skills you've unlocked beforehand and you even get to add the third and fourth skill sets you unlock at level 40 and 60. Also I think Grable only played for like 30 minutes tops. The combat is top notch compared to the tab targeting dullness AoW is. Unless you play with the default target combat is a dull fest. The "action" with actual targeting greatly enhances the combat. Not to mention theres dodging, blocking, and all the different skill sets you get. The variety of the schools is also pretty good. I'm not saying the game is 10/10 quality or anything like that but it's better than dogshit like AoW or Black Gold Online.

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 15

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post

I think you're being a bit harsh. It's really not that bad at all really. I don't think we're playing the same game.... I find the combat to actually be pretty fun. I just hit lvl 20 and I now have my new skill set unlocked and it's pretty sweet if I say. The story is actually fairly interesting if you read a bit on it. And no, it's not tab target purely yes it can be, but I find the action combat to be pretty on point. A little clunky at times yes, but manageable none-the-less. Dodging and blocking are done in real time. The way my ping is on the server dodging is pretty on point as well.

Long story short. Don't listen to this guy. He is "downright lying" to you. Give it a fair chance.

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 15

Quote Originally Posted by Mxerdude View Post
    I think you're being a bit harsh. It's really not that bad at all really. I don't think we're playing the same game.... I find the combat to actually be pretty fun. I just hit lvl 20 and I now have my new skill set unlocked and it's pretty sweet if I say. The story is actually fairly interesting if you read a bit on it. And no, it's not tab target purely yes it can be, but I find the action combat to be pretty on point. A little clunky at times yes, but manageable none-the-less. Dodging and blocking are done in real time. The way my ping is on the server dodging is pretty on point as well.

Long story short. Don't listen to this guy. He is "downright lying" to you. Give it a fair chance.
    I entirely agree with Mxerdude. Grable's being pretty harsh / has extremely high standards for some reason. I don't stick with a whole lot of games for longer than a few hours and I found myself having a ton of fun just jumping around towns and getting to as high of a building as I could. The combat gets better as you progress with more skills as well.

Give the game a shot. Seriously. It's not even hard to level. Get to level 20 or so and then make a judgement.

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 35

i was asking in game but was getting no responses. is there controller support? and i dont mean xpadder.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermatoo View Post
    The combat is top notch compared to the tab targeting dullness AoW is. Unless you play with the default target combat is a dull fest. The "action" with actual targeting greatly enhances the combat. Not to mention theres dodging, blocking, and all the different skill sets you get. The variety of the schools is also pretty good. I'm not saying the game is 10/10 quality or anything like that but it's better than dogshit like AoW or Black Gold Online.
    I'm not saying I'm not harsh or that I was playing it past level 20, but the combat is sugarcoated tab target. All the action setting does is give you a reticle, but the principle is the same - aim in the general direction of the enemy and the character will LOCK on to the target, just as if you were pressing tab. Sure you get more active skills at 20 and past but the core combat stays the same. Heck it even locks you in place, at least Blade and Soul lets you move while attacking. Real action combat is something like Vindictus, not this.

Not to mention it feels like every key you press comes with a slight delay, and that is with a good connection/ping. Any experienced PvPer would feel it.
    Last edited by Grable; 06-18-2014 at 07:39 AM.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 29

You also get to make your own customized skill bar when you get to level 30 made up of skills you've unlocked beforehand and you even get to add the third and fourth skill sets you unlock at level 40 and 60. Also I think Grable only played for like 30 minutes tops. The combat is top notch compared to the tab targeting dullness AoW is. Unless you play with the default target combat is a dull fest. The "action" with actual targeting greatly enhances the combat. Not to mention theres dodging, blocking, and all the different skill sets you get. The variety of the schools is also pretty good. I'm not saying the game is 10/10 quality or anything like that but it's better than dogshit like AoW or Black Gold Online.
    I'm surprised you dislike AoW that much considering all the similarities these two games have I actually consider it superior.

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 45

The combat is top notch compared to the tab targeting dullness AoW is
    That's silly and dumb. This game is tab target as well. Being able to select your target through mouse aim doesn't somehow change the fact that you are selecting a target. Especially since action mode is shit and you are just gimping your situational awareness by using it. Maybe if it was more blade and soul esque and you could move while attacking, but that isn't the case.

The idea that AoW combat could be shit and this the new hotness is insane. These games are so similar that I'd be completely comfortable calling this game "theme park age of wushu"

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 26

Grable were you expecting an amazing ridicule system? Sheesh just enjoy the game as is. At least this games story mode is dubbed with some quality mandarin voice's. I'd at least give this game a 5/10 if anything. If more maybe a 6/10 because majority of the mechanic feels like they got it off of some premade template. "It's Jin Yong's Theme Park".

Quote Originally Posted by GenoX View Post
    Grable were you expecting an amazing ridicule system? Sheesh just enjoy the game as is. At least this games story mode is dubbed with some quality mandarin voice's. I'd at least give this game a 5/10 if anything. If more maybe a 6/10 because majority of the mechanic feels like they got it off of some premade template. "It's Jin Yong's Theme Park".
    I wasn't expecting a lot considering I've seen and read about the game before. Actually my low expectations were pretty much identical to the experience. "Themepark Age of Wushu" seems like an appropriate description for it.

"sheesh just enjoy the game as it is" well good thing there's the uninstall button and I don't have to "enjoy" the game as it is.
    Last edited by Grable; 06-19-2014 at 09:40 AM.