Entropia Universe: Latest Buzz

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Entropia Universe Journalist Reputation: 55

Quote Originally Posted by Dynabol View Post
    I'm not really sure what i plan on doing but so far i've bought a helicopter and a hoverboard and fuel. and i have no idea what i should do other than missions.
    Ok, so you have some peds in game. (otherwise you couldnt have bought the toys ;P )
    I am guessing you are not on Rocktropia since you can get both of those items free in beginner missions there, so you are probably on Calypso or Arkadia.

I will guess Calypso since it is the most common one.

Have you done all the starter missions at icarus and port atlantas?

Once that is done, I would alternate my time between starting your puny iron missions (kill 100, 500, 1000, 5000, 10,000) and using your helicopter to get to all of the teleporters on the planet you are on. (google a current map of your planet to know where they are) You can only use teleporters once you have already been to them, so you need to physicaly travel to (all but a couple of free ones they give you to start) all of them on your own, this is one of the first activities alot of players do.

Study what is the most economical weapon for your skill level in the discipline of weapons you want to use(blp or laser, rifles or pistols, swords or knives or powerfists, or mindforce(scifi magic)
    You will only want to use weapons that have a Skill Increase Bonus (SI and once you have reached level 5 you will only want to use ones in which you are maxed on.

Some people get confused as to what maxed means on sib weapons. Maxed doesn't mean that you are in range, but that you are beyond it and have reached maximum efficiency.

Suppose a weapon is SIB level 5. When you are at level 4 it will say you are at 80%, this means 80% till you are at the minimum level to use it. Most weapons are maxed at 5 levels above their minimum, so you would be maxed on it at level 10.

If you look at the info window on an item, it will show you your personal stats for it considering the level you are currently at.
    The 3 things you want to see are,

1. SIB = Not anymore (this means you are maxed)
    2. Damage Interval 5-10/5-10 (this means you are maxed on damage, if you were not maxed it would be something like 2.5-5/5-10, or whatever the actual damage range is for that item)
    3. Hit Ability 10.0/10.0 (means you are maxed on your hit ability, if your level is lower it will show something like 7.5/10.0)

It is in your best interest to always hunt in a methodical way, figure out how much ped it takes you to kill xxx number of creatures and track from hunt to hunt seeing if you can trim it down any with different strategies.

That is the start for hunting, if you prefer mining, then we can go into that as well.

narfi

edit: in response to the video above, that is NOT how I would recommend playing. If you choose to start completely for free and want to gather sweat, it is much more entertaining and social if you go where groups of people are doing it together. Though with free spawns of oil, beer, fruit, stones, etc... I am not convinced that sweating is even one of the top options anymore.

If playing for absolutely free I would recomend gathering or sweating etc... till you could buy a medical tool, then hiring out as a medic. In my opinion it is much more fun having a 'purpose' with a service than the repetition of trying to milk a few pennies alone in the corner like that.
    Last edited by Narfi Hungry Willem; 06-05-2014 at 05:38 AM.

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Quote Originally Posted by Narfi Hungry Willem View Post
    Ok, so you have some peds in game. (otherwise you couldnt have bought the toys ;P )
    I am guessing you are not on Rocktropia since you can get both of those items free in beginner missions there, so you are probably on Calypso or Arkadia.

I will guess Calypso since it is the most common one.

Have you done all the starter missions at icarus and port atlantas?

Once that is done, I would alternate my time between starting your puny iron missions (kill 100, 500, 1000, 5000, 10,000) and using your helicopter to get to all of the teleporters on the planet you are on. (google a current map of your planet to know where they are) You can only use teleporters once you have already been to them, so you need to physicaly travel to (all but a couple of free ones they give you to start) all of them on your own, this is one of the first activities alot of players do.

Study what is the most economical weapon for your skill level in the discipline of weapons you want to use(blp or laser, rifles or pistols, swords or knives or powerfists, or mindforce(scifi magic)
    You will only want to use weapons that have a Skill Increase Bonus (SI and once you have reached level 5 you will only want to use ones in which you are maxed on.

Some people get confused as to what maxed means on sib weapons. Maxed doesn't mean that you are in range, but that you are beyond it and have reached maximum efficiency.

Suppose a weapon is SIB level 5. When you are at level 4 it will say you are at 80%, this means 80% till you are at the minimum level to use it. Most weapons are maxed at 5 levels above their minimum, so you would be maxed on it at level 10.

If you look at the info window on an item, it will show you your personal stats for it considering the level you are currently at.
    The 3 things you want to see are,

1. SIB = Not anymore (this means you are maxed)
    2. Damage Interval 5-10/5-10 (this means you are maxed on damage, if you were not maxed it would be something like 2.5-5/5-10, or whatever the actual damage range is for that item)
    3. Hit Ability 10.0/10.0 (means you are maxed on your hit ability, if your level is lower it will show something like 7.5/10.0)

It is in your best interest to always hunt in a methodical way, figure out how much ped it takes you to kill xxx number of creatures and track from hunt to hunt seeing if you can trim it down any with different strategies.

That is the start for hunting, if you prefer mining, then we can go into that as well.

narfi

edit: in response to the video above, that is NOT how I would recommend playing. If you choose to start completely for free and want to gather sweat, it is much more entertaining and social if you go where groups of people are doing it together. Though with free spawns of oil, beer, fruit, stones, etc... I am not convinced that sweating is even one of the top options anymore.

If playing for absolutely free I would recomend gathering or sweating etc... till you could buy a medical tool, then hiring out as a medic. In my opinion it is much more fun having a 'purpose' with a service than the repetition of trying to milk a few pennies alone in the corner like that.
    How much can you make as a medic?
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Entropia Universe Journalist Reputation: 55

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    How much can you make as a medic?
    when starting out not much, the best approach is to charge Decay only and accept tips from your hunters if they have good hunts. (some advertize decay+tips, but that sounds a little needy imo)
    So starting out you wont make much in terms of profit, but you will gain 'free' medic skills by actually playing the game, plus a little ped here and there, but more importantly a reputation with tomorows big game hunters.

Once established you will start working your way up to better tools. There is decent demand for medics with tools in the 1-5k ped price range. At this stage you will be gaining skills faster since you are using bigger tools, and the tips will likely be larger on good hunts because the hunters will be 'gambling' at a higher level.

At the highest end you can charge a flat rate of 50-70ped an hour using a tool in the 150k+ ped range. http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...od-fap-service
    This is more than enough to provide for a family in a 3rd world country, but the investment is significant as well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123