So, is Black Gold worth getting any hype for?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I think this game has some great potential actually, but whether they run with it or not is up to them.

When I first started playing, and created my character, It was gorgeous. Super polished and looked amazing, with great customizaton. I spent a good amount of time creating my character and checking out all that was available. It just looked really well done. Then I loaded up the game, and it looked like the developers threw up on my screen. Seriously... HORRIBLE interface, buggy, and barely functional. And the "Black Gold" mode, Standard mode etc.... The only way to play this game is with the crosshair mode, but even that is really buggy and not well done.

But seriously... if they polish the interface, questing, and gameplay as well as they polished the character creation, this game could be great. But if the character creation is where they stop, then I wont be playing it much after its released, if at all.

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

Wow this game reminds me so much of Neosteam!
    The game is utter rubbish by todays standards but back then it was lots of fun and i still miss it. Hope this will be like a better 2.0 version

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Everyone fears the Time Wizard
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Game Journalist Reputation: 421

Quote Originally Posted by Slapit255 View Post
    I think this game has some great potential actually, but whether they run with it or not is up to them.

When I first started playing, and created my character, It was gorgeous. Super polished and looked amazing, with great customizaton. I spent a good amount of time creating my character and checking out all that was available. It just looked really well done. Then I loaded up the game, and it looked like the developers threw up on my screen. Seriously... HORRIBLE interface, buggy, and barely functional. And the "Black Gold" mode, Standard mode etc.... The only way to play this game is with the crosshair mode, but even that is really buggy and not well done.

But seriously... if they polish the interface, questing, and gameplay as well as they polished the character creation, this game could be great. But if the character creation is where they stop, then I wont be playing it much after its released, if at all.
    I think you may be talking about the alpha interface. The interface I had during the beta was quite nice. A big improvement over the weird gears and crap.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

Concept sounds good but gameplay looks horrible. Controls, Animations, and Sounds. Eww.
    It looks like it plays very similar to Defiance.
    I foresee a bad game.
    Last edited by FarmerM; 05-30-2014 at 07:23 AM.

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 31

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    Oh man...
    Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/daeoc
    Come and stop by sometime, I stream mainly JRPGs, WRPGs, Shooters, Horror, MMOs, and MOBAs. Currently, the focus is on JRPGs with a mixed bag of everything else.

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

Still trying to decide whos image got hurt worse by that. The game or the person promoting it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Everyone fears the Time Wizard
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

Concept sounds good but gameplay looks horrible. Controls, Animations, and Sounds. Eww.
    It looks like it plays very similar to Defiance.
    I foresee a bad game.
    Hmmm, I've been waiting for this game to come out so I'll let my experience decide if it's bad or not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12