WildStar - Headstart Launch This Weekend

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 80

Quote Originally Posted by PaperJedi View Post
    Sorry to hear all the people not impressed or nt going to play it. I am sorry that you are going to miss out on the next big thing. Wildstar may not be for everyone but it well worth the shot and a go. Specially if you like any part of an MMO. Literally pick a part an WS has it. So if you not going to play wildstar for a non concrete reason i would at least urge anyone to try it for at least an hour if you dont like it well shiet then u got ur free 7 day trial out of it at least (yes anyone that has the game has trial keys to give away if im not mistaken.)
    Sorry, but I heard about the same thing with ESO. I'm letting its remaining 20day+ game time to rot, atm.

BTW, what's at lv 15 in Wildstar ? People say that's when the game 'picks up'. Obviously I didn't get that high lvl during Beta...
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    Pyr3D.com - My 3D Character Artist Folio
    ---

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 34

Quote Originally Posted by ASNZern View Post
    BTW, what's at lv 15 in Wildstar ? People say that's when the game 'picks up'. Obviously I didn't get that high lvl during Beta...
    Level 20 is where is really became amazing for me. That's when you get the first dungeon. And god was it fun. I played one more after that and I enjoyed it equally as much.

Anyways, I'll be playing on Widow, the unofficial PvP-RP server! I'll let you guys know an in game name once I make a character (pre-ordered to late to reserve a name). :P

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 40

Quote Originally Posted by ASNZern View Post
    Sorry, but I heard about the same thing with ESO. I'm letting its remaining 20day+ game time to rot, atm.

Mounts dungeons housing pvp. The meat of the game starts at 15. An only gets better. Like what is the reason you guys dont like the game?..... anything in specific? And yes I will gladly give you guys 7 day keys when i recive them. I have no issue with that
    Proudly spending your 2 cents.
    Moonies Plox!
    *Hunting person who invented Bit Torrent*

Nothing like a awesome Dungeon Crawler
    Or a great First Person Shooter

Playing WildStar: Class - Warrior Tank Human Exile

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 5

Mounts dungeons housing pvp. The meat of the game starts at 15. An only gets better. Like what is the reason you guys dont like the game?..... anything in specific? And yes I will gladly give you guys 7 day keys when i recive them. I have no issue with that
    Sometimes a game just doesn't suit the person. This game just gives off no appeal to me. I played the beta for a good few hours and it just didn't suck me in like other games such as ARR has. Also the game didn't exactly play very well on my machine, considering I can play most of everything on high it seemed like the game was poorly optimized. This was the case with both betas, though I did notice in the last beta it seemed to run a little better so they seem to be improving it.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 288

the ****terrible pre-20. so boring.

11 hours to go!

Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 174

I wouldn't mind a 7-day trial key as well. I had mixed opinions when I tried it for a couple of days during Open Beta~

since there are no other games that interests me to play, I think I'll try Wildstar another go.
    "When it comes to the past, EVERYONE writes fiction." -Stephen King

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 288

actually, i didn't like the game either until i found out how to change Field of view (65-70 makes it look a lot better) and deadlock (makes it more like tera)

Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 80

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    actually, i didn't like the game either until i found out how to change Field of view (65-70 makes it look a lot better) and deadlock (makes it more like tera)
    Tell me how and I will buy the game ^^'
    And you may be my BFF if you so desire.
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    Pyr3D.com - My 3D Character Artist Folio
    ---

Random Chua Reputation: 47

There's some great quality-of-life addons that really make the game more enjoyable. I currently have:

AMPFinder (Gives detailed info on AMPs like how they work effectively and where to find them)
    ClassicQuestDialog (Changes quest text to something simple
    CustomFoV (Lets me change FoV more effortlessly)
    EzMessenger (Improvement over in-game message system)
    GalaxyLibrary (Lets me view different kinds of armor and weapon designs in-game)
    HousingDecorSetManager (Allows me to save my housing placements from beta and bring it over into launch)
    IconLoot (Huge improvement over default Loot Icons)
    JunkIt (Auto vendor tool for junk items)
    PDA (Roleplay profile viewer)
    Steer (Alternative to Deadlock Ext)

Which ones are you guys using?

(Things and stuff are happening!)

Currently playing:
    WildStar - Razzi - LV50 Chua Engineer Explorer - Entity PvE Realm

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 113

Sorry to hear all the people not impressed or nt going to play it. I am sorry that you are going to miss out on the next big thing. Wildstar may not be for everyone but it well worth the shot and a go. Specially if you like any part of an MMO. Literally pick a part an WS has it. So if you not going to play wildstar for a non concrete reason i would at least urge anyone to try it for at least an hour if you dont like it well shiet then u got ur free 7 day trial out of it at least (yes anyone that has the game has trial keys to give away if im not mistaken.)
    I honestly do not think that is going to happen with this game for a few reasons:

1. They attracting one specific type of group, the ex-WoW people.

2. The combat system that have forces you to look at the ground. Literally that's all you will ever be doing. They try to say it's a "action" oriented system but it's not really anything like the current action mmos (C9, Tera, Vindic), it's more like a mix of GW2 with skill shots from League if anything.

3. Pre-15 sucks ASS. Honestly I played a lot of mmos and games but this is the worst introduction to any game I have played since maybe ASDA? It gets better around 20ish but it's still annoying as hell.

3. Quests are boring as shit. It's like if people from twitter just told you to go kill things. The best way to hit 60 is to just skip everything but the story quests and just grind it out.

4. Classes are really boring and have little to no customization. Everyone within the next 3-4 months will take a cookie cutter build and follow it, especially since they have that dumbass "Limited Action Set" that's supposed to encourage some sort GuildWars type of customization but honestly it's just a big step back. Also all classes only have one set of weapons (warrior sword, everyone else guns basically) which doesn't really give any variety to combat imo.

5. Char customization is really limited with only very few choices even being aesthetically pleasing.

The only people that will enjoy this game are those that are extremely invested into Carbine's marketing team and those that just want a different looking WoW. The game is just a themepark that gets really grindy at higher levels and all you'll ever do in combat is just look at the ground and avoid red geometric shapes. That's pretty much it. I spent a while playing this (CB (got to 45), O and really it's not that fun and just was not appealing to me.

This game, along with ESO is going to go f2p within a year or two. ESO might be going f2p faster considering it's a huge pile of squat.
    Last edited by Greed; 05-31-2014 at 04:10 AM.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast