Anyways, I'll be playing on Widow, the unofficial PvP-RP server! I'll let you guys know an in game name once I make a character (pre-ordered to late to reserve a name). :P
Proudly spending your 2 cents.
*Hunting person who invented Bit Torrent*
Nothing like a awesome Dungeon Crawler
Or a great First Person Shooter
Playing WildStar: Class - Warrior Tank Human Exile
I wouldn't mind a 7-day trial key as well. I had mixed opinions when I tried it for a couple of days during Open Beta~
since there are no other games that interests me to play, I think I'll try Wildstar another go.
"When it comes to the past, EVERYONE writes fiction." -Stephen King
There's some great quality-of-life addons that really make the game more enjoyable. I currently have:
AMPFinder (Gives detailed info on AMPs like how they work effectively and where to find them)
ClassicQuestDialog (Changes quest text to something simple
CustomFoV (Lets me change FoV more effortlessly)
EzMessenger (Improvement over in-game message system)
GalaxyLibrary (Lets me view different kinds of armor and weapon designs in-game)
HousingDecorSetManager (Allows me to save my housing placements from beta and bring it over into launch)
IconLoot (Huge improvement over default Loot Icons)
JunkIt (Auto vendor tool for junk items)
PDA (Roleplay profile viewer)
Steer (Alternative to Deadlock Ext)
Which ones are you guys using?
1. They attracting one specific type of group, the ex-WoW people.
2. The combat system that have forces you to look at the ground. Literally that's all you will ever be doing. They try to say it's a "action" oriented system but it's not really anything like the current action mmos (C9, Tera, Vindic), it's more like a mix of GW2 with skill shots from League if anything.
3. Pre-15 sucks ASS. Honestly I played a lot of mmos and games but this is the worst introduction to any game I have played since maybe ASDA? It gets better around 20ish but it's still annoying as hell.
3. Quests are boring as shit. It's like if people from twitter just told you to go kill things. The best way to hit 60 is to just skip everything but the story quests and just grind it out.
4. Classes are really boring and have little to no customization. Everyone within the next 3-4 months will take a cookie cutter build and follow it, especially since they have that dumbass "Limited Action Set" that's supposed to encourage some sort GuildWars type of customization but honestly it's just a big step back. Also all classes only have one set of weapons (warrior sword, everyone else guns basically) which doesn't really give any variety to combat imo.
5. Char customization is really limited with only very few choices even being aesthetically pleasing.
The only people that will enjoy this game are those that are extremely invested into Carbine's marketing team and those that just want a different looking WoW. The game is just a themepark that gets really grindy at higher levels and all you'll ever do in combat is just look at the ground and avoid red geometric shapes. That's pretty much it. I spent a while playing this (CB (got to 45), O and really it's not that fun and just was not appealing to me.
This game, along with ESO is going to go f2p within a year or two. ESO might be going f2p faster considering it's a huge pile of squat.
Last edited by Greed; 05-31-2014 at 04:10 AM.