WildStar - Headstart Launch This Weekend

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 288

Quote Originally Posted by Viney1 View Post
    Just do a /reloadui every hour or so. It's worth it to keep Bijiplates on because it is very useful. Just do the reload often. That, or check your Task Manager for how much RAM your Wildstar is using, and if its very high just do a reload and re-check the usage.
    yeah, no, reloadUI doesn't purge the RAM for me. :/
    stuck using hideous default nameplates.

Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

Pipster's Punk Reputation: 107

new EU EN pve server opened up a while ago, moved to that one, rerolled a stalker.

exile btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by supersonix9 View Post
    I'm sure that everything that I just said seems extremely silly to most of the people reading this, but Sonic has a place in my heart and that will carry on until I die.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 288

Quote Originally Posted by Espio0 View Post
    new EU EN pve server opened up a while ago, moved to that one, rerolled a stalker.

exile btw.
    cool kids are on ravenous. o/
    hazak can go suck a donger, tbh

Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 113

Quote Originally Posted by Asiankid0 View Post
    damnit Greed, you post that AFTER I pre-order the game? such cruelty~

well....since I bought it, might as well try it for the first month free....and if I don't like it before the time expires....there goes $60 down the drain~
    O... sorry man!

WELL there are a few enjoyable things about the game such as the paths...OK maybe just the Settler path. The buildings and stuff you can build come in REALLY handy (VENDORRR) and you can even build random settlements with reinforcements and stuff. It's pretty fun and I really liked it. My friend went both settler and scientist and apparently the stupid robot aggros things and has gotten him killed in higher level places.

Other than that the pvp is okay. It's basically WoW style pvp with battlegrounds and stuff. I think Carbine in the future might be looking to go for esports or something.

Class wise = Stalker is OP. Stealth is just broken, you can solo things 2 levels above you (which is how I grinded mostly) due to the insane damage, heal, and evasion you can do. At the time I played I really wanted to like Spell Slinger but it was just kinda meh. Esper is pretty great too with the burst and heals.

All in all the bunny girl race just made me miss my Elin so I left to go back to Tera for a few weeks. If you can get into a guild or something the raids are pretty okay. I did the level 20 one but wiped a bunch because people are kinda scrubs and the optimization (and the crashing) is ridiculously bad. I have a GTX770 and I'm having a hard time getting 60fps (whereas in Tera I have around 70~90fps).

The only game I think that's worth playing in the future is BDO and I hope Pearl Abyss can get that in on time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Viney1 View Post
    You'll like it.. Greed has no idea what he is talking about. Don't listen to reviews unless people have at least played to 20 or 30+..
    I had a level 30 PVP Medic and a lvl 45 Stalker. I played in nearly all the CBTs because of how excited I was for the game and even decided to give it another go during the OBT because I thought they fixed the optimization issue after they redid the UI but no it's still badly optimized.

If you read what I wrote I also stated that the pre-15 is hellish whereas it gets a bit better after 20 but didn't alleviate the issues I stated. The game itself is pretty great on some aspects like Paths and stuff but they never really DO anything with them. Also the fact that your Path is locked at the start long before you can do anything with it (like they really don't tell you much about it at all) makes it very annoying since you might not enjoy Soldier or Scientist or Explorer and wish you had gone Settler instead. Pretty much destroys a character.

It's just not a game for me or for many other people. It's a game for people who want to play WoW but don't want to play WoW if you get my meaning.

FabianN's Fanatic Reputation: 70

Look at all those bugs: https://forums.wildstar-online.com/f...5-bug-reports/

A bunch of them are from closed beta even.

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: FFXIV:Heavensward, FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior Saving For: An Epic Computer

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 619

decided to jump on the hypetrain since im bored as ****. had to do some serious modding to make the game more enjoyable though.
    i made the game sort of a vindictus style combatsystem, i look around by moving the mouse and attack with leftclick, works out nicely so far. oh and raised fov a little

Currently Playing: TheHunter

>Screenshot Collection 2013-2014<

Fat Bowser Reputation: 10

Made a new character as my main, rolling a cassian warrior on the Dominian side. In game name is qtJ on widow server, anyone wanting to group up let me know!

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 88

Any of you chaps on Warbringer (PVP)? Got a warrior running but I might remake the warrior because being a Draken is getting stale and go Cassian.

I'm avoiding Pergo because it's basically an unofficial oceanic server. Also, queue times are about 4 to 5 hours. Good luck on launch day to all the fellas sitting on Pergo & Widow. Widow is considered the unofficial RP-PVP server but a lot of redditers and 4chan's /v/ are calling it home.

I chose Warbringer since it was the 3rd pvp server to come out and the name is awesome. It's full now, taking about 20 minutes to log in.
    Last edited by KREVA; 06-02-2014 at 06:06 PM.

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Abhorsen View Post
    decided to jump on the hypetrain since im bored as ****. had to do some serious modding to make the game more enjoyable though.
    i made the game sort of a vindictus style combatsystem, i look around by moving the mouse and attack with leftclick, works out nicely so far. oh and raised fov a little
    how did you do this?

cammy 931 did these awesome sigs^

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 174

Quote Originally Posted by deandog2000 View Post
    how did you do this?
    Deadlock Ext. addon with the CustomFoV addon.

the only downside to the Deadlock addon is that you need to pop the mouse cursor again in order to access certain features in-game~ (crafting, vendoring, salvaging, receiving challenge rewards, to name a few)

other than that, deadlock ext addon is great.

I've been having trouble with a few default addons of Wildstar conflicting with user-made addons. One of them will crash forcing me to turn them off. Haven't found a fix/solution to these yet.

It doesn't help that I can't play the game above the lowest of low settings as the FPS will drop down to like 5-7 in the populated areas.

This is my spec:
    AMD Phenom II x4 3.2 GHz
    Radeon HD 6870 1GB
    8GB of DDR3 RAM
    128GB SSD Drive

Only have Wildstar installed on my computer atm to preserve disk space for optimal SSD performance~ but holy hell does the game lag like shit. Either the game really is terribly optimized like Greed stated, or my rig hardware is outdated for Wildstar...
    "When it comes to the past, EVERYONE writes fiction." -Stephen King

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast