WildStar - Headstart Launch This Weekend

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 80

I'm about to reroll a Medic from a Spell Slinger... Nice to know !
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    Pyr3D.com - My 3D Character Artist Folio
    ---

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 88

Remade my warrior from Draken to Cassian. Still on Warbringer but I'm at work and I don't know what's going on today with launch. Did the launch happen last night at midnight (EST)?? How are the servers that are already full? New ones were made?

FabianN's Fanatic Reputation: 70

I made a non-nullzone build for raiding, problem with it is, you need to damage enemies slightly to make up for the loss of stuff (Hence the Static AOE Field added to the end, and removal of recharge):

http://ws-base.com/builds/5050-Medic...d_No_Null_Zone

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EQ Next, FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior Saving For: An Epic Computer / PS Vita

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 174

Quote Originally Posted by Abhorsen View Post
    i still remain neutral towards the game, the game did got better past the tutorial, but i feel that the UI is overly complicated. theres a lot of things named different from your traditional mmo, for example brutality might aswell be strength, just to give 1 example. theres countless of these different named things which doesnt make the game any more unique, just more annoying to figure out what is what. i hit my path level4 and i got a huge popup saying i unlocked 'back in the fray' skill, so i click it and not only did it link me to the wrong skilltab, it turned out i didnt unlock shit. back in the fray was still greyed out and not usable till hours later (no idea what DID unlock it finally) chat is not resizable and locking the chat doesn't do shit for me, u can still drag it everywhere u want.
    often hovering my mouse over the mainstats do not pop up any tooltips telling me what these stats do, seems very random, 1 time it works, the other only half of the stats give tooltips, or none at all.. the inventory is a mess and its hard to quickly tell what to sell and what not to, thank god for the junkit addon saving me that headache. costumes is another thing thats overcomplicated. normally in a mmo when u equip a costume item it automatically goes to the costume slot, in this game u actually equip it and it replaces ur main armor. nowhere i was told u needed to visit some npc in the middle of idontgivea****ystan that would let u set up a preset for a costume. seriously, whats wrong with simple avatar slots in the character page?
    my last complaint is the music, i hope the music becomes better later on because this could be the very first mmo where im gonna mute it, its like im playing in some bad cowboy-meets-starwars movie. if the scenery wasn't chaotic enough, the music will take care of that.

not to be a negative nancy in this thread i have to say im impressed with the jumping and running challenges. they feel unique and fun and i often come back to retry them. i also enjoy trying to get all the journals and datacubes to 100% the map. in the very first map i hit a wall where i needed 1 more datacube left and i found out some spaceship looking thing with a door inside which could only be opened by a scientist. so i waited for a few minutes and one came along, and there was my last datacube lol. i think its cool that only certain classes are eligible to do certain things, requiring you to interact with each other and help each other out.
    you can get familiar with the stats by looking at the gear stats for your class. Generally, you want to focus on 3 primary stats and the rest are optional/not needed. (your gear only comes with the 3 primary stats anyways). Note that the stats give different effects for each class~ (ie. Brutality gives attack power to warriors whereas Moxie does the same for Espers, etc)

as for the path-related skills, they are just extra stuff you can do in-game~ there is no need to do them otherwise...as they have no impact on the game at all. But you can get cool prizes for reaching certain path levels~ (like costumes/items) - and even if the path skill is unlocked, if it's greyed out in the skill tab, that means you are not of required level. Generally should be only 1 level off if that's the case. (given you are doing every single path-related quests in every map).

overall, I am starting to like the game more and more. and for some reason now I can run the game fine on medium settings (still using 3rd-party addons). I also had issues with not knowing which class to stick with~ but since I like up-close-and-personal type of play style, I decided to go further with my warrior - best choice so far imo.

but I may need to juggle between this game and DnF...since apparently alpha testers get gifts for playing when official launch hits.
    "When it comes to the past, EVERYONE writes fiction." -Stephen King

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 288

Quote Originally Posted by Asiankid0 View Post
    you can get familiar with the stats by looking at the gear stats for your class. Generally, you want to focus on 3 primary stats and the rest are optional/not needed. (your gear only comes with the 3 primary stats anyways). Note that the stats give different effects for each class~ (ie. Brutality gives attack power to warriors whereas Moxie does the same for Espers, etc)

as for the path-related skills, they are just extra stuff you can do in-game~ there is no need to do them otherwise...as they have no impact on the game at all. But you can get cool prizes for reaching certain path levels~ (like costumes/items) - and even if the path skill is unlocked, if it's greyed out in the skill tab, that means you are not of required level. Generally should be only 1 level off if that's the case. (given you are doing every single path-related quests in every map).

overall, I am starting to like the game more and more. and for some reason now I can run the game fine on medium settings (still using 3rd-party addons). I also had issues with not knowing which class to stick with~ but since I like up-close-and-personal type of play style, I decided to go further with my warrior - best choice so far imo.

but I may need to juggle between this game and DnF...since apparently alpha testers get gifts for playing when official launch hits.
    todays patch fixed a bunch of performance related issues, so it's pretty smooth now.
    still not where it should be, but better.

Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

Sandman's Slave Reputation: 120

If anyone has a left over NA guest pass i wouldn't mind it, can't afford the game until friday and i'll love you long time.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 174

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    todays patch fixed a bunch of performance related issues, so it's pretty smooth now.
    still not where it should be, but better.
    yea my FPS would drop from 30-40 to like literally 5-10 as soon as I hit crowded town areas~ that's much better now - I ain't complaining lol.

can't wait til I hit level 15 so that I can finally purchase a mount to travel faster....running everywhere gets tiring after awhile...
    "When it comes to the past, EVERYONE writes fiction." -Stephen King

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 88

So they did some optimization work? That's going to be so good when I get home. I'm just hoping Warbringer doesn't turn into Pergo with release out today. I don't want to wait for 7 to 16 hour queue times.

FabianN's Fanatic Reputation: 70

Engineer isn't viable as a tank right now unless you have an Esper or Spellslinger healer due to a specific build bug with medic and repair bots:

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/f...engineer-bugs/

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EQ Next, FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior Saving For: An Epic Computer / PS Vita

Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10

How is this game i might check it out im bored

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast