Spellblade type deal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

Default Spellblade type deal

Hey, The craving for an MMO is coming back and it's always after I watch someone play a mage or something in WoW. I just love the casting visuals in that game, the cartoony, but still scary spells, the barehand equip for each cast, but my problem is I LOVE melee characters more than casters :c So I was wondering if there were any games out there that had a melee/caster class? Thanks for anything in advance c:

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 30

Eldevin, if you don't mind a low-pop Runescape clone, lets you invest points into any of the classes, so you can make a warrior/wizard or an assassin/healer or whatever.

Achaea has the Infernal class which are evil knights that dual-wield swords while casting Necromancy spells.

Currently Playing: Achaea

I do mind Runescape clones/browser based games, sorry :/ Thanks though.

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 86

Cabal Online has a Force Blader, this is a 3d game that can look sort of 2.5d ish, the pvp and pve is really fun in this game
    the skill grinding can be annoying but worth it.
    http://cabal.estgames.com/en#n
    YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

these two games are side scrollers with awesome pvp and pve, many avatars to buy, rare avatars that could be obtained through a certain method, also these two games have a class called battlemage (who uses staffs but mostly based on melees)

Dungeon Fighter Online - http://dnf.neople.com its in alpha phase they wont wipe your levels and alpha ends at june 12th

Slayer has two caster ish classes with a sword. one is asura which throws wave attacks at their enemy
    and another focuses on ghost slashes and a summoning ghosts on the field for bonuses

YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Elsword has three knight characters and they all have atleast one or two magic-like sub-classes
    http://www.elswordonline.com/
    YouTube Video

Fairy Tail online - browser game, sadly this one is automated turnbased gameplay i think.
    http://ft.o4games.com/

YouTube Video

You start off picking one of three classes. You can pick Dragonslayer, Mage Knight, or Elemental Mage. You can also pick your gender but that's it after that.

Game Journalist Reputation: 421

black Gold has a pretty fun Spellsword.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Spyro’s Burning Cough Reputation: 32

Age of Conan has a class that uses fire based spells with a two handed sword. It's squishy but omg if you play it right...people will drop like flies! They also have a warrior class that uses sword and shield(or sword and rune i believe) that can deal melee+magic damage!

Herald of Xotli(mage+greatsword)

Dark Templar(Shield+Sword/ Sword+Rune magic knight class)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJCrAp0gE74

I liked Age of Conan until the combat became REALLY repetitive, but it's a step in the right direction tbh, as for cabal and those other games, I was looking for a game more like WoW, the way the world was, that kinda 3D where mounts are actually useful and jumping isn't just a function to satisfy that desire to jump, it actually means something.
    LOL sorry, I should've really mentioned that.

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 10

Uhh wait, what purpose did mounts serve in WoW? What purpose did jump serve that wasn't for the sake of jumping? How on Earth is Age of Conan's combat considered repetitive but WoW's is not? (I assume you are ok with WoW's combat because you seemed to enjoy WoW).

Anyway, I would also suggest Everquest 2. The "priest" classes use chain like armor, however they don't melee... except the templar might more (they can wield 2h hammers, swords, and spears though, just don't use em). HOWEVER, the warrior classes like Shadowknight and probably its "good" version are melee users that have magic. The shadowknight of course has death/decay magic and uses a 2h weapon to do lots of damage. Shadowknight is a very popular class actually, which says a lot about it. I have never played so I can't give personal experiences. I play a Troubadour.

Ooh, the dirge or troubadour might also be interesting to you! In combat you use a wide variety of magic (chants and songs) as well as melee. They are "rogue" classes, so of course lots of melee with them and bow shooting. They duel wield, but you can cosmetically equip a 2h weapon. You still attack like you are duel wielding, but look like you are wielding a nice 2h. My troubadour is cosmetically equiping a 2h great spear because I love spears.

I'll look into it and try to deal with me being spoiled on great graphics lol

AND THE JUMPING PART WELLLL, there are SOOOO many games out there that allow you to jump but you get like 2 inches off the floor and you can't even jump off platforms and crap and it's OBNOXIOUS. The mount thing, well look at like GW2 they have a broom mount, that does NOTHING, literally you get on it you float, there is no mobile purpose.
    AOC's combat was so.... DIRECTIONAL, I don't know, I didn't actually really enjoy that feature in the game it was too systematic while in my mind games like WoW had some variety and management to all the skills, I don't play WoW because it IS repetitive but I couldn't really think of the reference I wanted. Maybe like Guild Wars 1 or whatever MMO you want me to reference, bottom line, I didn't enjoy AOC'S combat.
    Last edited by BeefN'Eggs; 06-04-2014 at 01:14 AM.

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 10

Ah... well I suggest you EQ2 still. Easily one of the best f2p out there. The graphics are fairly decent too! And you jump a decent height making it a key part in exploration and reaching odd places :P. Also flying mounts, regular mounts, yeah. My frog (yes many races to choose from including frogs, cat people, rats, lizards, trolls, faeries, etc) rides a cloud around. Clouds can't fly but it is still kind of fun hehe.

There are tons and tons of classes to choose from in EQ2, so I am sure you will find one to your fancy, plus like I said, you can cosmetically equip any weapon you want (provided your class can use the weapon to begin with). EQ2 has quite a few expansions so there is just tons of content and stuff to do as well.

But it is an older game so lots of its player base are at endgame. Therefore it is essential to find a good guild to help you with lower lvl content. This isn't very hard though, just ask in general chat, which reaches across entire world.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast