Wurm Online - Xandu [new server opening]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 15

Default Wurm Online - Xandu [new server opening]

hey so i havent seen any chatter on this around here lately, i know some here play wurm from time to time and we once had a onrpg group playing this.

but incase someone have missed it wurm online is opening up a new server on the third of june called Xandu
    it will be the largest server ever opened 32x32 to put that into perspective the largest and oldest server is only 16x16 square kilometers

i will be playing on a new alt from day one to hunt out a place to call home, a week from now(on the 10th) it will open up and connect to the other servers. once that happens the big boats will roll in from all around the wurm world.

homepage http://www.wurmonline.com/

trailer http://vimeo.com/wurmonline/wurmonlinetrailer2014

Game Journalist Reputation: 386

Plan to play with a few friends. Will be making new character and starting a new deed.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[7/23]----------(Now recruiting for ArcheAge!!!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

nice, il be on aswell. it opens up at 18:00 cest thats in 10 hours from now

we will get ourself up and running aswell, we will have to form an alliance once we can roll the big boats in.
    i was hoping some of you guys was still around does cingal still play aswell ?

anyone else interested in playing?

Pellet Eater Reputation: 39

Holy crap i havn't thought of Wurm in months! o-o To expound on the OPs description of the game, it's really super hard-core in regards to survival. Things take time to do, to an extreme, and food can be hard to come across. It's no easy task to succeed in a group, let alone on your own and it's defenitly best to roll out in a large group.

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 81

Thanks for the heads up! Was thinking of going back to the game.

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 19

Dam Ima start playing
    Last edited by InterCityFirmWhu; 06-03-2014 at 08:54 PM.

I'm on at the moment. Apocafail in-game. Working with my friends on their deed. If you want to come live nearby (don't think we're inviting anyone that isn't a close friend), let me know and I can give you our general location. Would be beneficial to have us all near each other.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[7/23]----------(Now recruiting for ArcheAge!!!)[4/28]

Fat Bowser Reputation: 33

How limiting is F2P for this game? I remember 4-5 years back there was nearly no point in playing without a premium account and now that I've read a forum post describing the benefits of having a subscription vs. the benefits of being a free player, it seems like it's still that way.

Quote Originally Posted by firemonk98 View Post
    How limiting is F2P for this game? I remember 4-5 years back there was nearly no point in playing without a premium account and now that I've read a forum post describing the benefits of having a subscription vs. the benefits of being a free player, it seems like it's still that way.
    Same limits, as far as I'm aware. Except, I believe they've recently made it so non-premiums can own deeds now.

Basically: No skills or stats can go over 20, which cuts off a bunch of important stuff, such as building stone buildings (tho not all that important, I guess.. and you could just have a friend build it for you, although I dunno if you can own a stone building deed or not... would have to look into that). Other stuff that restricts is high-end crafting and riding horses. There's other stuff, but that's what leaps out at me at the moment.

However, keep in mind you can get premium with in-game currency, and right now is a great time to level up a free account to mass produce some of the essential building materials, like mortar and bricks and then selling it. Heck, you could probably make a decent profit off of dirt at the moment. All of these are in high demand, and there's always some rich guy who is willing to pay freebies to do their slave labor for them. Also, a lot of people do "apprentice" type deals, where they will pay for someones premium in exchange for a specific amount of work and/or joining their village. A lot of the people I know who aren't from my guild got into the game this way - they found someone who would take them on and worked for them to pay for the first few months of their premium, and then from that point were able to make enough money in-game to pay for their own premium.

Honestly, though, the game is quite fun and well worth the $13~ that two months of premium costs.
    -Cingal

oh ive been busy playing havent checked in on this post for a while =) it took me a good 8 hours but i finaly found a nice little hideaway to start building some basic stuff on im currently playing as a f2p on the alt just getting shit in order, im located on the west coast Tokerii is my alt. once i have secured this location il swing by you guys and check it out i wont be dropping a deed down until the 10th all my monies is over at exodus :P

on the whole f2p thing all i can say is, on my main i havent paid real money in over a year i always make my money ingame via tradeing with other people. its really rough starting out but once you get to know a couple of people and get rolling things becomes easier, for me tradeing is what keeps me in the game. it does take a whole lot of dedication to reach that level to basicly play for free but its something that comes naturaly to anyone who participates in the market in the game and learns how to strike a deal, its a player driven community no npcs selling potions or such nonsense, everything is made stamped and shipped by players
    i have spent a ton of real money on deeds though hehe

edit: and as apoca said with the opening of this new server village's will start popping up and every village want their own castle and harbour and all those things so selling 2nd tier resources is prime now, stone bricks , mortar , planks etc etc things that build cities

its a true sandbox it is what you make it out to be honestly.

come join the dark side we got cookies.
    Last edited by Tokeri; 06-04-2014 at 03:01 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast