Only MOBAs have competitive pvp?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 16

CS:GO

1223rergdfgerg

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

Darkfall has really skill based PvP. The grind was pretty rough for new players last time I played though. Also, there is an awesome patch coming next week that's introducing custom classes.

Last edited by JayceOfLoL; 06-06-2014 at 05:33 AM.

Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 63

Some MMOs and FPS also have competitive PVP, but that's usually team-based like mobas..

I generally play support role, so I'd be pretty sad in most non-cooperative environment..
    Last edited by DarkAztaroth; 06-06-2014 at 04:44 AM.

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 17

Some shooters still have competitive scene, other than that fighting games and SC2.

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Nektaris View Post
    I hate playing MOBAs.
    I hate losing a game because of my teammates' fault.
    But I love the competition.
    It's just....
    I want to play a competitive pvp game based only on my skills, not on my ability to cooperate with others.
    But I can't find a game like this.

inb4 StarCraft II
    Darkfall Unholy wars?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Quote Originally Posted by Nektaris View Post
    I want to play a competitive pvp game based only on my skills, not on my ability to cooperate with others.
    Quake Live
    Starcraft 2
    Hacking private databases illegally
    Any solo/jungle assassin in any MOBA
    Getting a girlfriend
    Getting a wife
    Martial arts
    Fencing
    Tennis
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 72

mobas make me barf except the legendary Cyphers Online a 3d moba game but it's not out in english yet, still as stressful but 3d moba dam

COMPETITIVE PVP?! OH YES THIS IS WHERE THIS GAME SHINES SD GUNDAM ONLINE!

Sdgo is a great 3d person shooter (it might be your first but, don't panic just give it a spin!) that also has meleeing options, robots with homing missles/megabeams aka no probleming hitting people. and also has lockon (right click to lock onto a target) the game has pve content but i play it mostly for the pvp, however i pve for quest rewards so i could earn more robots etc. what kind of game gives you a high tier unit for a quest reward??? this game gives you like 4 or so S ranks, that's really nice.

I play this game because of the fun gameplay and i really liked the gundam animation series, there are many good looking mobile suits, fair ammount of technics to master (isn't really required but if you master them, you could be unstoppable)

I also like the idea of gacha aka rolling a capsule machine for a gundam, collecting 400 or so mobile suits is fun, there are alot of events held in cherry credits sdgo so i hope you try it out some time! :Grin:

here is a gameplay video berserkD has even more interesting videos so check his channel if you like.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLqY6Ad6AGM" title="View this video at YouTube in a new window or tab" target="_blank">YouTube Video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLqY6Ad6AGM"> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLqY6Ad6AGM" /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

i play on the worst pc possible so i turn everything off so it looks like this on lowest settings, too bad these were saved in jpg format..

if i turn on all the settings it looks like this

though i was still using lowest settings on my graphic card since it's integrated so this means it wasn't even on the highest settings

http://sd.cherrycredits.com

here is a mirror download link because they block foreign ips from downloading but lets you play it
    http://edge.cdn.starhub.com/sdgo/ful...ntVer0_6_9.zip

the game is far from p2w but you can buy an S rank which is the highest tier with like 15 dollars or so but they don't automaticly win with it and it only takes a few days to build an S rank, i can use the worst C rank and kill most of the S rank users no problem. you also get around 3-4 free S ranks through quests. they also do alot of events so you should keep an eye on it.

here are some screenshots that i saved a while back, this was the older version of sdgo so you could tell the difference in UI

enemy are obviously your kills, support is assist aka bruising your enemy etc. shotdown is the ammount of deaths

i kept killing them without them noticing my low health and ended up surviving the whole match like that rofl

5 guys came after me and got caught in my special and i gotta admit they were pure stupid, i never expected to kill 5 at once so easily xD

at first they make you do missions until your user rank is 2 strips, after that you're allowed to pvp.

you use both keyboard and mouse to play this game. but you could always change the controls but i find that to be too much of a work and i prefer using wasd in this game.

also there are special attacks in this game which is weapon 4 when you use it, if it's a melee special you dash towards your target and you're invincible during the dash, you could use a special to avoid another player's special and melee them as they die wondering why their special failed.

this game offers random team option in the rooms so you don't really fight with the same team 100% of the time and if you're good enough you could carry every match really.. like how i do it every time

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12