Need some help in finding an MMO for me

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Need some help in finding an MMO for me

So I've played a few MMOs the past few years, from WoW to Champions online I've tried a few and it seems like with every one I start off addicted and loose interest as time goes on, eventually quitting altogether. I'm trying to find a game that I won't get bored of. All the other games I felt lacked a feeling of exploration, it was just questing and dungeon crawling and while I don't mind questing too much I feel like I need something that'll have me explore as well. My first guess when I started looking around was Wildstar, it seems like it might fill that gap I'm looking for, but I'd like to explore F2P options before I go B2P or P2P. Any suggestions as to an MMO out there that could fit what I'm looking for? Thanks!

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by crisbio94 View Post
    So I've played a few MMOs the past few years, from WoW to Champions online I've tried a few and it seems like with every one I start off addicted and loose interest as time goes on, eventually quitting altogether. I'm trying to find a game that I won't get bored of. All the other games I felt lacked a feeling of exploration, it was just questing and dungeon crawling and while I don't mind questing too much I feel like I need something that'll have me explore as well. My first guess when I started looking around was Wildstar, it seems like it might fill that gap I'm looking for, but I'd like to explore F2P options before I go B2P or P2P. Any suggestions as to an MMO out there that could fit what I'm looking for? Thanks!
    Man, that's difficult as most of the MMORPGs today are just quest-based. You know, the usual stuff. Kill me 20 of these, get me 50 of that, talk to this guy over there, etc. One particular game I have in mind for you is RF Online. In order for you to increase your skill level, you need to use them over and over again unlike the other games where you just need to spend skill points. I don't know if there is still an existing server of RF online though.

If you want, you probably could try games on BETA like what I do. If I find them interesting, I play them when they go live. At the moment I'm playing Eclipse War Online and Kingdom Under Fire 2. Then I'm planning to try Freestyle 2 later this week when the BETA servers goes online.

Oh, and that reminded me. Phantasy Star Online 2 is live now, you might want to try that.

Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10

I can never find a good mmo to play either. sick of ff14arr and wow and the last f2p i ever truelly enjoyed was eden eternal. Hows eclipse war and kingdom under fire?

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 12

just readed the pso2 thing i want to try it but the downloader is so slow, torrent same, i have 20mb but it's limited to 200kb ffs i won't wait a week to play lol

Game List Master Reputation: 165

Pristontale one of my first ever mmorpgs and I still play it to this day give it a try if you haven't already

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 12

Quote Originally Posted by chaoscauser View Post
    Pristontale one of my first ever mmorpgs and I still play it to this day give it a try if you haven't already
    lol i remember playing this but only to lvl 15 or so, it's alot of grinding but there are many partyes and the atmosphere is totally awesome, the game feels great
    how has it evolved?

There is daily quests now that you can get some nice exp from and recently got two new classes. You can get mirotic crystals which do all the killing for you if your not that strong playing something like an assassin. It has come along way since the early days when I used to play it. There is even this party quest thing now but I have yet to try that. Early on there is quests from Guide Ran which gives you free potions and gear to start off with. Also you can get a new piece of gear every 10 levels and later on every 5. There is survive or die which is also fun and it has full tier 5 skills now. Bless Castle for pvp lovers. You can get these phoenix pets which attack for you ect ect.

The korean version recently got a UI overhaul but the english version is yet to get that.
    Last edited by chaoscauser; 06-06-2014 at 10:20 PM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 602

Quote Originally Posted by chaoscauser View Post
    There is daily quests now that you can get some nice exp from and recently got two new classes. You can get mirotic crystals which do all the killing for you if your not that strong playing something like an assassin. It has come along way since the early days when I used to play it. There is even this party quest thing now but I have yet to try that. Early on there is quests from Guide Ran which gives you free potions and gear to start off with. Also you can get a new piece of gear every 10 levels and later on every 5. There is survive or die which is also fun and it has full tier 5 skills now. Bless Castle for pvp lovers. You can get these phoenix pets which attack for you ect ect.

The korean version recently got a UI overhaul but the english version is yet to get that.
    they overdid the crystal feature lol, it used to be a cool feature until it let u spawn monsters that 1 hit kill ****ing everything, leveling u like u do on a private server. the old pristontale was the good shit where mystic crystals were the best u could get, but also very rare

Currently Playing: FFXIV

>Screenshot Collection 2013-2014<

Entropia Universe Journalist Reputation: 55

Entropia Universe if you want to explore, Ive been playing over 6yrs daily now and still haven't explored everything, and they are adding new stuff fairly often.

Quote Originally Posted by Abhorsen View Post
    they overdid the crystal feature lol, it used to be a cool feature until it let u spawn monsters that 1 hit kill ****ing everything, leveling u like u do on a private server. the old pristontale was the good shit where mystic crystals were the best u could get, but also very rare
    Level up wise it is still fairly harder than a private server even with miro crystals in my opinion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast