Pvp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

Default Pvp

Hey there guys.
    Is there any MMO around here that is more centered on PVP, and that has a medium to large community on it?
    No MOBAS. The only mmo that i knew that was pvp only was fantasy earth zero... but if someone knows another please say.

Ty
    "Embrace your dreams, and whatever happens, protect your honor as SOLDIER!" - Zack Fair (FF7)
    "BOOM! Headshot "

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 72

Elsword is a popular beat em up mmorpg, that used to be instance based and now offers an openworld content. the pvp in it is so awesome, here is a gameplay video of pvp you could find more videos from Je Hae Gwon it doesn't take as long to level up to max level so give it a try. comboing is really fun in this game, gearing up does give you an advantage but there isn't much p2w unlike the other generic garbages out there. you can't really customize your character from the beginning
    you need buy avatars in the cash shop or buy them from players with your gold.
    www.elswordonline.com
    YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Tera Online a 3d mmorpg with stunning graphics and the gameplay is actually pretty decent, there are pvp servers that let you pvp from like lv.15~20 ish, so many races and classes are available and alot of pvp videos on youtube... this game would actually make most games burrow in the ground from the popularity, if i only had the computer specs i would... so invest my life in this!!
    http://www.enmasse.com/games/tera

1v1 fights
    YouTube Video

guild vs guild vs guild vs guild
    YouTube Video

Sdgo is a great 3d person shooter (it might be your first but, don't panic just give it a spin!) that also has meleeing options, robots with homing missles/megabeams aka no probleming hitting people. and also has lockon (right click to lock onto a target) the game has pve content but i play it mostly for the pvp, however i pve for quest rewards so i could earn more robots etc. what kind of game gives you a high tier unit for a quest reward??? this game gives you like 4 or so S ranks, that's really nice. medium community, could be large depending when you can play but there are actually players
    from america playing this sea version, they're both in english but people dislike the ogplanet version alot so i prefer cc myself considering they don't region block at all. while you can only play ogp version in america xD

I play this game because of the fun gameplay and i really liked the gundam animation series, there are many good looking mobile suits, fair ammount of technics to master (isn't really required but if you master them, you could be unstoppable)

I also like the idea of gacha aka rolling a capsule machine for a gundam, collecting 400 or so mobile suits is fun, there are alot of events held in cherry credits sdgo so i hope you try it out some time! :Grin:

here is a gameplay video berserkD has even more interesting videos so check his channel if you like.
    YouTube Video

i play on the worst pc possible so i turn everything off so it looks like this on lowest settings, too bad these were saved in jpg format..

if i turn on all the settings it looks like this

though i was still using lowest settings on my graphic card since it's integrated so this means it wasn't even on the highest settings

http://sd.cherrycredits.com

here is a mirror download link because they block foreign ips from downloading but lets you play it
    http://edge.cdn.starhub.com/sdgo/ful...ntVer0_6_9.zip

the game is far from p2w but you can buy an S rank which is the highest tier with like 15 dollars or so but they don't automaticly win with it and it only takes a few days to build an S rank, i can use the worst C rank and kill most of the S rank users no problem. you also get around 3-4 free S ranks through quests. they also do alot of events so you should keep an eye on it.

here are some screenshots that i saved a while back, this was the older version of sdgo so you could tell the difference in UI

enemy are obviously your kills, support is assist aka bruising your enemy etc. shotdown is the ammount of deaths

i kept killing them without them noticing my low health and ended up surviving the whole match like that rofl

5 guys came after me and got caught in my special and i gotta admit they were pure stupid, i never expected to kill 5 at once so easily xD

at first they make you do missions until your user rank is 2 strips, after that you're allowed to pvp.

you use both keyboard and mouse to play this game. but you could always change the controls but i find that to be too much of a work and i prefer using wasd in this game.

also there are special attacks in this game which is weapon 4 when you use it, if it's a melee special you dash towards your target and you're invincible during the dash, you could use a special to avoid another player's special and melee them as they die wondering why their special failed.

Dungeon Fighter Online is a 2d side scrolling beat em up mmorpg with alot of aerial juggle combos or ground / standing combos, the pvp in this is so serious that they held numerous tournaments on tv, max level is 70 and yeah it shouldn't take more than a month and a week to reach max level. many classes to choose, It shut down unfortunately due to horrible publishing from nexon, but it's back from the dead by it's own developer Neople Alpha phase ends in June 13rd but you can join right away with a facebook account. on their official release they will allow new account registerations.

YouTube Video

http://dnf.neople.com
    Last edited by Ryukiri; 06-08-2014 at 02:36 AM.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Or if you're looking for a TPS shooter, more like GTA but battle between thugs and cops, you can try APB Reloaded. It's really not that bad. It's not room based, but open world like GTA. You can choose to play cop or thug and load yourself with weapons and roam around the city. The last time I've played it, I was with about 20 cops and 30 thugs in one area. (I accidentally passed by)

Dragon Nest has a pretty large community as well, it's a dungeon based game, but there's PvP system too but room based. Pretty intense with skill cooldowns 'cause you'll be spamming your skill keys for an immediate execution after cooldowns. Also TPS viewed.

Or if you'd rather a more anime-style like PvP game, I'd recommend Grand Chase Online. It's a fighting game, no guns I think (I haven't came across one when playing) but it seems somewhat like a small community to me.

MU Online is a top-bottom view, point and click game with skills on keyboard. This game is a medium sized community and is a pretty old game. But it has a PvP (Duel) function where you can request another player to duel with you. It's not room based so you can practically run everywhere. If you rather not duel, you can just immediately attack the player, which makes you an outlaw and your character will be glowing red. If you kill an outlaw you get to take his items. But as usual, you can't attack players in town. You usually have to wait about 3 hours online before you no longer will be an outlaw anymore.

Dragon Saga (Dragonica) Is a unique 3D side scroller view game with a unique style of playing. It has PvP too but a small player-base. It used have a large player-base but for some reason, their SEA servers went down, and other servers began to exacerbate. I'm not sure if I played in the wrong server, but there's two companies that publishes Dragon Saga. Maybe I was in the one with lesser players.

Rakion Online is a medieval-age game (Swords, Knives, Staffs) where you mainly PvP with players. It's rather tough and is also room-based. You can do AI mode too.

Or if you're looking for a FPS, I would definitely recommend Blacklight Retribution. One of the most unique FPS I've played. There's really too many features which makes it unique compared to other FPS but the most intriguing feature is the weapon customization feature. It's not like any other FPS game, where if you buy a particular gun, you own the game. No, in Blacklight everyone will start with the same gun, and you can customize your gun based on your choice. Eg. Muzzle, Ammo clip (capacity), Scope, and etc. There's a suit where you can sit on like MechWarrior as well but requires you to kill an amount of players in the game.

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Linkdred View Post
    Hey there guys.
    Is there any MMO around here that is more centered on PVP, and that has a medium to large community on it?
    No MOBAS. The only mmo that i knew that was pvp only was fantasy earth zero... but if someone knows another please say.

Ty
    Darkfall unholywars.

I have some 2 week trial codes if you want one

The only games i havent played on the list is darkfall unholywars (but it wont play on my pc too...) and SDGO.
    The rest or it cant handle on my pc, or i got bored quickly xD
    SDGO seems nice tought, but how will be the ping for someone from Europe?

*If anyone have more suggestions, please...

BTW* Thank you for the suggestions until now and thank you for the offer Dynabol
    "Embrace your dreams, and whatever happens, protect your honor as SOLDIER!" - Zack Fair (FF7)
    "BOOM! Headshot "

500+ Posts???? Reputation: 43

Only one i can think of right off hand is Age of wushu/wulin. Alot of pvp stuff to do in it, but the company is pretty shit. Unless they got better, which i highly doubt.

The only games i havent played on the list is darkfall unholywars (but it wont play on my pc too...) and SDGO.
    The rest or it cant handle on my pc, or i got bored quickly xD
    SDGO seems nice tought, but how will be the ping for someone from Europe?

*If anyone have more suggestions, please...

BTW* Thank you for the suggestions until now and thank you for the offer Dynabol
    depends on your internet speed, you probably will have 200-300 ping or less im not sure check singapore ping on www.speedtest.net

it's still playable with that much ping so dont worry too much

My internet is crappy.

And Age of wushu/wulin looks dead.
    "BOOM! Headshot "

have you checked the ping yet?

my internet is actually pretty bad but still get 200 ish ping in it which is enough

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

The only mmo that i knew that was pvp only was fantasy earth zero...
    And how did you get your chimera blood?

A multiplayer game that's PvP-only is probably going to be a MOBA. (MOBA in the old sense of the term meaning "Multiplayer Online Battle Arena" as oppose to "League of Legends".)

Anyways - try Planetside 2 or EVE Online.

Guild Wars 2 also has better PvP than Fantasy Earth Zero, but you'd have to find a PvP server (so that you can find a decent team or guild).
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast