Anyone been to Japan or Korea? Do a lot of people rock gaming computers?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TerrinBlaze's Treasure Reputation: 32

Default Anyone been to Japan or Korea? Do a lot of people rock gaming computers?

Since Japan and Korea are pretty big in gaming, do most or a lot of Japanese or Korean people have good spec computers?

Obviously I am not expecting everyone to be rocking gaming spec computers.

But are there are a lot of computer building enthusiasts over there rocking gaming spec computers?

Pipster's Punk Reputation: 96

went to japan last year, and i'l be going again in a month and a half.

as far as i know, there was one pc shop in akihabara, but they had a decent amount of hardware and software.

PC parts are alot cheaper then here in Europe , Example : NVidia GTX 780 TI costs around 750 euro here and in japan it's at 450 euro (at least last year) and i am bringing back one of those when i go.

no clue on how big the PC gaming community is though.
    Quote Originally Posted by supersonix9 View Post
    I'm sure that everything that I just said seems extremely silly to most of the people reading this, but Sonic has a place in my heart and that will carry on until I die.

Eternal Cowboy Reputation: 632
    Jacksonville Jaguars: 2018 Superbowl Champs

they rock em hard bro. mad hard

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

Paging /u/hian and /u/Ryukiri.

(kinda wish this was Reddit =/.)
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis

call me chicken strips Reputation: 534

they rock em sock em, wham bam thank you ma'am

Reading: You Just Don't Understand!: Women and Men in Conversations by Deborah Tannen (50%)
    Last read: A Child Named "It" by Dave Pelzer (NOT BAD), A Dance With Dragons by GRRM (4.5/5), A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin (3.5/5)

Interested in why I picked these books, or want to recommend me some more? Just pm me. I love books.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 174

in terms of Korea, there are as many pc gaming rig enthusiasts as people that just go to PC cafes/baangs.

You should know that PC cafes and whatnot are ridiculously cheap in Korea - not to mention most of their online games give perks for playing at a PC cafe. I think an average PC cafe has a rate of...like $2-4 per hour?
    Some people forgo building/buying a gaming rig because they find going to a cafe easier and more convenient.

Since pc cafes are so successful, they all have top-end gaming rigs for the best experience.
    heck, some game companies hold BETAS and EVENTS in pc cafes~
    "When it comes to the past, EVERYONE writes fiction." -Stephen King

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Quote Originally Posted by Asiankid0 View Post
    in terms of Korea, there are as many pc gaming rig enthusiasts as people that just go to PC cafes/baangs.

You should know that PC cafes and whatnot are ridiculously cheap in Korea - not to mention most of their online games give perks for playing at a PC cafe. I think an average PC cafe has a rate of...like $2-4 per hour?
    Some people forgo building/buying a gaming rig because they find going to a cafe easier and more convenient.

Since pc cafes are so successful, they all have top-end gaming rigs for the best experience.
    Yet in America, the only PC cafes we get are the kind used to get around gambling laws/taxes.

There were a couple of "console lounges" around where I used to live, tho. You would pay an hourly rate and you could play any of their consoles (usually very nice screens and comfortable gaming chairs with speakers built in and crap) and have access to their game library, which was a huge collection. There's also small cafe where you can get food and drink. I used to go every Saturday to "Video Champ" to participate in tournaments for Halo, mortal kombat, DDR, etc... and just game. I would have loved a similar experience, but with PCs. One of the lounges I went to had four PCs set up, but I think the cncept was just too foreign as they eventually took out the PCs and just got more consoles.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[8/13]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 30

Lots of internet cafes with gaming rigs (usually for playing LoL or DOTA) in the Philippines too. I know a handful of computer shops that build gaming rigs so I'd say yes.

Currently Playing: Achaea

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 88

Quote Originally Posted by Asiankid0 View Post

PC Bang I went to when I was in Hongdae/Seoul, I was there for like 4 hours for like $1.50. All of their PCs are top tier. They'd get no business if they weren't.

Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 384

I wish we had cafes here. I built an 2000$ build and I haven't turned it on in almost THREE weeks now cause I barely have time to use it.
    We talked about love and what life could really be for me. When that sh-..is real you just know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast