Japanese Cartoon Suggestions

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 23

No one mentioned Naruto/One Piece/Bleach? :P
    It is very dragonball'ish, goes on forever but it is kinda nice if you skip the fillers.
    (Fillers are eps that fill in some backstories)

I loved the F out of Attack on Titan, can't wait for next season

Log Horizon is a nice anime about people being stuck in a game which is totally different from SAO and in my opinion much better.
    You follow some veteran raiders throughout the series and they are cool and NPC's are involved in the story so thats cool.

Kuroko's basketball.
    I do not like basketball in any way, but this series is more like basketballers on some magical speed.
    Good story, nice characters and really cool action scenes.

Mushishi.
    Slow, zen, easy and relaxing anime.
    You follow some dude investigating unnatural phenomenon that are linked to Mushi.
    Good to watch on hangover days.

Fullmetal Alchemist,
    cool series about alchemist magic (High rated on imdb)

Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 853

Mushi Shi is phenomenal. I don't watch much if any anime and I'm in love with that show. If you enjoy the twilight zone or stuff like are you afraid of the dark (as in twists and very unique stories every episode) you'll really like this.

It's unlike anything else so it's difficult to describe.

Dunny 2014 Updated 10/19

Olpah's Object Reputation: 327

Ghost in The Shell : Stand Alone Complex
    and
    Ghost in The Shell : Arise

Actually, see them in the reverse order of what I just wrote.

Also, Ergo Proxy, Noein, Samurai Champloo, Gankutsuou(Count of Mounte Cristo) are master pieces that I can name of the top of my head.

The Common Sense United Front
    ZAZAZAZAAAA, DADADADAAAA DAAAA, SHWAMSHWAMSHWAMMMM DUUUU DIIIII DAAAAAAAAAA

Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 87

Steins;Gate ( - Epic - )

Shinsekai Yori (If you want to discover a pretty interesting post apocalyptic world) (Chars start as childs to introduce you to the world but they age as the episodes pass)

Mushi shi (If you want something relaxing and interesting to watch and dont mind episodic stuff)

House of five leaves (Relax anime about a lame samurai trying to find a job to do, pretty interesting if you like the setting)

Psycho-Pass (Darker anime. Police themed in a city where people are assigned life carreers and constantly analysed by the Sybil system, an advanced computer system that pretty much dictates the people's life. People are usually arrested before they even commit a crime due to their psycho-pass showing their criminal intents. Storyline is worth it tho. I'd suggest against watching though if you get very uncomfortable when there's violence, it gets a bit creepy at times.)

Log horizon / SAO ( If you want something MMO-Themed and don't wanna be stuck playing through the.//hack games) (Sao has horrible romance tho) (and as far as I'm concerned, both are lots worse than dot hack)

You could also check out Durarara, dunno how to describe it tho.
    Last edited by DarkAztaroth; 06-15-2014 at 04:42 AM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 375

Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    I used to watch animes that were available on TV when I was a child, and I enjoyed a few of them. Sailor Moon and Gundam Wing are my favorites.

These days, I feel like modern anime is all very similar. They all consist of recycled formulas, and the characters all look like trying-too-hard-to-look-cute 10-year-olds.

The art detail and technique has decreased, the songs are all generic, and everyone looks and acts like they're 10. Can anyone suggest animes that are more diverse, mature, and less dumb pls?

I like romance, magical girls, badassery, but not really a fan of super gory violence unless the storyline and art are really really good.
    kemonozume is the best romance i've seen (and favorite anime after utena). it's a bit gory but the storyline and art direction = amazin m8

Str1der's Stooge Reputation: 181

Totaly Mirai Nikki, shame on you guys for not suggesting it before

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

Quote Originally Posted by Avarance View Post
    kemonozume is the best romance i've seen (and favorite anime after utena). it's a bit gory but the storyline and art direction = amazin m8
    Solid soundtrack too. I like Eden of the East better as a romance anime though Kemonozume is up there.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis
    NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366): Smash Bros 3DS, Fantasy Life.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 375

Quote Originally Posted by Kashis View Post
    Solid soundtrack too. I like Eden of the East better as a romance anime though Kemonozume is up there.
    yeah, it's pretty great. the anime kind of reminds me of the old french new wave film "pierrot le fou", minus all the crazy anime aspects (although jean-luc godard is crazy enough).

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyKitten View Post
    Totaly Mirai Nikki, shame on you guys for not suggesting it before
    Crazy as that show was, that actually had some really good romance in it as well, not to mention the overall plot is decent.

I'm surpised no one mentioned Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica, since it fits everything OP asked for.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis
    NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366): Smash Bros 3DS, Fantasy Life.

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 120

Quote Originally Posted by Kashis View Post
    I'm surpised no one mentioned Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica, since it fits everything OP asked for.
    Judging based on pictures, it doesn't look like I'd be a fan. /shrug
    League of Legends IGN: Ellista

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast