Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fed up of dumb Pokemon RPGs?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 834

Quote Originally Posted by firemonk98 View Post
    Only problem is that this game ceased production and has been shut down by the original developer due to: "financial, personal and legal" issues so the chances of production being reopened is very slim.
    aww damn, see thats what i was afraid for lol, so many pokemon projects get shut down by nintendont lol

Game Journalist Reputation: 484

Quote Originally Posted by Abhorsen View Post
    aww damn, see thats what i was afraid for lol, so many pokemon projects get shut down by nintendont lol
    That's something I don't understand. Supposedly so many of these projects get shut down by Nintendo, yet Pixelmon, which is directly based on Pokemon, gets away with it even though it has thousands (if not tens of thousands) of players. How does that work out? Especially when Pixelmon server owners can make a decent sum of money from their series using "donation shops."
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or ******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 162

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    That's something I don't understand. Supposedly so many of these projects get shut down by Nintendo, yet Pixelmon, which is directly based on Pokemon, gets away with it even though it has thousands (if not tens of thousands) of players. How does that work out? Especially when Pixelmon server owners can make a decent sum of money from their series using "donation shops."
    Likely has to do with it being a minecraft mod. I'm guessing it provides an additional hurdle somehow that makes them desire to not test those waters.

やめてください! Reputation: 296

Installed Pixelmon and I must say it's a pretty well done mod. I don't mind the blocky textures (it's to be expected) but I do mind the lack of animations (which is understandable considering it is a Minecraft mod and all). Couldn't find a decent server for it though, most servers had absolutely no information about what to do and I kept finding level 42 Pokemon on the starting area.

That being said, if they DO get a C&D letter from Nintendo, they could easily transform the mod by adding original creatures instead.

Game Journalist Reputation: 484

Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
    Installed Pixelmon and I must say it's a pretty well done mod. I don't mind the blocky textures (it's to be expected) but I do mind the lack of animations (which is understandable considering it is a Minecraft mod and all). Couldn't find a decent server for it though, most servers had absolutely no information about what to do and I kept finding level 42 Pokemon on the starting area.

That being said, if they DO get a C&D letter from Nintendo, they could easily transform the mod by adding original creatures instead.
    They've got a full graphics team and a separate (and just as full) animation team now. Over the next few months we should be seeing a lot more animation/graphic updates from the mod. The videos I linked are from some of the new stuff in the works.

As for servers, it's been quite some time so I can't remember the names of the servers I used to play on. There are a few decent ones, though. For example, the one I played on regularly had a pretty sweet tutorial included, which is how I learned the ins-and-outs of the mod. Another one was pretty neat in that it had multiple region-servers you could join, with a master-"lounge" server. So if you got bored of one, you could quickly switch over to the other.

However, keep in mind that the communities of 99% of the servers you join will be quite shitty due to the huge amounts of young people And the Minecraft chat system is horrible as well. There was a couple of lower-key servers that had smaller populations but much better communities, but those weren't quite as fun to play on as they lacked the support that the bigger ones had.

Edit: And about the C&D, they could just get in contact with the MonsterMMORPG guys :P
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or ******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 94

Pixelmon is a lot of fun, though as far as art direction is concerned I really wish they had gone with the Minecraft style models. Sure the ones they have look better, but the world itself and everything within it is blocky, It's really just a pet peeve of mine though lol. (I like consistency)

Nothing wrong with any one of these though, so long as you're enjoying yourself.
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010