Fed up of dumb Pokemon RPGs?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    `Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 72

pokemmo is the only worthy pokemon mmo playing, pokemon world sucks

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

Last time i played PokeMMO it was VERY popular.

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

To be honest, the only Pokemon MMO worth playing are the large Pixelmon servers. Gives everyone their dream of a 3D Pokemon game, that can be played with hundreds of other players, and has complete and easy customization for the server runners - so the world can be quite interesting and easily expanded/changed to add more content.

There was a Pokemon MMO I was playing a while back. Can't remember the name of it. I guess it's either PokeMMO or Pokemon World. Eitherway, it was fun and played it with a few friends and we had a nice nostalgia blast. However, now that I've played Pixemon, I can't really go back to that.

I would suggest you stop trying to develop this (what I assume is) web-based Pokemon MMO that is sure to be sub-par, buy yourself a copy of Minecraft, set up a server, get an enjin page with its built in donation shops for Minecraft, and then ??? and after that possibly profit. You'd honestly have more success, have more fun, and have an easier time of it. I mean, both Minecraft and Pixelmon already have an audience in the tens of thousands.

And, for your viewing pleasure, my Beedrill evolving and then starting to make sweet love to my head.

Last edited by ApocaRUFF; 06-11-2014 at 04:28 PM.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Game List Master Reputation: 165

My dream would not be a blocky 3D one...

Quote Originally Posted by chaoscauser View Post
    My dream would not be a blocky 3D one...
    Why? The original art is "blocky" (as is all pixel art), so it fits quite nicely. There's another 3D Pokemon in the works, but it'll take much longer before it's ready and I imagine it wont play as smoothly as Pixelmon.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 72

i don't think anyone's dream would be a blocky one... not sure why but it feels like the people here keep showing "horrible" games and hyping over it, maybe they were just getting a random pokemon video and hyping over it without playing it?

YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryukiri View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GWvjT5i4js" title="View this video at YouTube in a new window or tab" target="_blank">YouTube Video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GWvjT5i4js"> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GWvjT5i4js" /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Nothing wrong with blocky graphics. Honestly, in Minecraft, they look good. You can't really argue otherwise (you could, however, argue that in your opinion they aren't very good. However, the millions of Minecraft sales say otherwise for the general opinion on the Minecraft artstyle).

Heck, the Pixelmon themselves aren't all that blocky anymore.

Pixelmon has everything the hand-held games have, plus a bunch of other features, including the ability to support hundreds of players on one server. On top of that, they have three-dimensional gameplay and graphics. Literally, the only thing Pixelmon is missing are bikes, although since there are pretty fast running shoes in the game, you don't really need it. Although, for all I know, it's been added to the game since the last time I played (several months ago).

Also, the video you linked is the other 3D Pokemon game I was talking about. It would definitely top Pixelmon in my book, except for the fact that A)It's in early development and it'll be a year + (maybe longer) before it's near the completion level of Pixelmon. It doesn't support the ease of customization that Pixelmon offers (thanks to Minecraft). Adding a custom region into Pixelmon is a hundred times easier than it will/would be in Pokemon Generations. Heck, adding an old region would take hundreds of hours in effort from multiple people over a long period of time. C) Last I heard, the developer planned for smaller scale multiplayer, with a few friends. He may have changed his mind since then, however. But, if that's still true, it's not really a Pokemon MMO.
    -Cingal

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 602

sorry bro but no, lol
    pixelmon would be the last thing id play if i were looking for a pokemon mmo. it doesnt even have any attack animations(unlike pokemmo), how is that 'everything the hand-held games have'. + i too think it looks terrible compared to the pixelart used in the handheld games

also pokemon generations might look good but its like what, 1% finished? id like them to make it into a solid game but until then im not gonna be too excited. there has been enough dropped projects in the past.

Currently Playing: Dragons Dogma

>Screenshot Collection 2013-2014<

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

I've always wondered. POKEMMO pretty much builds a mmo network infrastructure over the official Nintendo rom games with JAVA. Is that even legal?

I mean, not hating, I play it and it's awesome. But I wonder if it would be possible to do the same thing, but let's say for zelda's n64 rom? Now that would be amazing and I wonder if it's possible?

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 60

Quote Originally Posted by OTN View Post
    I've always wondered. POKEMMO pretty much builds a mmo network infrastructure over the official Nintendo rom games with JAVA. Is that even legal?

I mean, not hating, I play it and it's awesome. But I wonder if it would be possible to do the same thing, but let's say for zelda's n64 rom? Now that would be amazing and I wonder if it's possible?
    lol, I can just imagine all the links.

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next, FFXV, KH3 Saving For: An Epic Computer

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast